Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy?

+8
truth
tristen303
WilliamsonAngel
exhaustedandtired/1208
elvis44102
Jerry
lendmeflight2
USA Citizen
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 Empty How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy?

Post by Guest Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

As Obama himself seemed to understand at the outset, the economic devastation he faced was the worst in 80 years. It was far worse, in other words, than anything Jimmy Carter, Ronald Reagan, Richard Nixon, or Gorge H.W. Bush had to overcome. And because this recession was caused by an unprecedented financial collapse, history shows that it was destined to be longer-lived than most.

Unemployment trends also indicate that it is somewhat unfair to accuse Obama, as his GOP opponents are wont to do, of driving up the jobless rate beyond what it was when he took office. The official recession began in December 2007, more than a year before he became president, and ended in June 2009, some five months into his presidency. But the unemployment rate is a lagging indicator; in November of 2008, the month of Obama's election, it was still only 6.8 percent, though it had slowly climbed from December and it reached a height of 7.8 percent in January, just before Obama was sworn in. Still driven by what began as George W. Bush's recession, it didn't bottom out until nine months into Obama's term, 10.1 percent in October of 2009, and then barely began to decline over the next two years.
http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2011/08/how-much-is-obama-really-to-blame-for-the-economy/243598/

Back to top Go down

How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy?

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:10 pm

On this titled question: How much is obama to blame for the economy ??? Lets ask him, he did say the buck stopped with him!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy? - Page 2 Empty Re: How Much Is Obama Really to Blame for the Economy?

Post by Guest Fri Aug 19, 2011 3:59 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Don't know and neither do you! But if he can screw up so bad why not give someone else a chance! or do you like 8 yrs of hell instead of four! It seems of all the comments from Obama supporters that he has become right winged a little but he is still so great! if thats true then why criticize the repubs!

To asnwer : To be so uneducated and say without fact and proof that the people forerunners for repub. nomination and say they can't do the job. They can bull crap just like Obama. At least we know he is a failure and for one to say all the repubs. can't do the job, well, Thats just a opinion, never know until someone gets in! I'd bet on anyone but obama can do the job! I don't need four more years of nothing!
Don't tell me what I know and don't know! I do know that 8 years of the Bush presidency led to this mess and you are expecting miracles from our President. We have gained more jobs in this country since Obama took office than the WHOLE 8 years Bush was president!

Again, we live in a DEMOCRACY! There are 3 BRANCHES of GOVERNMENT! The president cannot do things on his own. I guess the 13% approval rating of the GOP controlled House mean nothing! People are waking up, and in 2012, THEY WILL BE OUT!

As far as Bachman and Perry - they are way too extreme and don't know their azz from their elbow! If I thought for one minute either had a shot at the Presidency, I'd be making my way to the Canadian border now. Listen to some of the things they have come out with for once - maybe you'll want to join me in Canada!

If you can hold Bush accountable then lets go back to those days Hum! Desp. did you have a job then??? Looks like yes, things fell apart when he left and YES it set up under his watch at the end but where is your leadership and job creation! I know, its everybody else! Always an excuse. Why do we have a president that is defended not with success but excuses why nothing gets done under him! Its everyone else for his failure. If he was a strong and powerful president couldn't he overcome and his success could not be denied? I know its everyone else to blame! He inherited this!!! And he decided to keep his inheritance!
No, I did not have a job during the last year of the Bush presidency. I got laid off in early 2008. Fought for almost 2 years before that to keep my job because of the funding cuts in Human Services. For almost two years we rallied at the RI State House to fight to keep the services for the developmentally disabled and individuals with mental health issues. Of course all these cuts began in Washington and trickled down to the states. Check some facts, I will try to find it also, RI's "Great Recession" actually started in 2006. Don't think Obama was even a thought back then.

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:31 pm

It is to my understanding that Texas' great recession started as early as 2002.
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:57 pm

WilliamsonAngel wrote:
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:As for Medicare, they have to regulate the OUTRAGEOUS charges by doctors and hospitals.

We need to examine the cost of schooling across the board. There's no reason why someone should need to go hugely into debt to get an education. This is especially true for doctors.

Another thing that could help cut the cost of medical care would be to take a look at malpractice insurance costs and requirements, lower them, and set up some sort of regulation to assure doctors aren't being charged usurious rates for said insurance and slap silly insurers that are trying to overcharge doctors.

We could also slap silly the pharmaceutical industry (and perhaps look at our own regulations/fees/etc charged to them). The name brand version of the medication I take (before it went generic) is 135 dollars per month.

Thanks for giving details as to WHY doctors pass these charges on to us! As for the generic drugs, they are a godsend for me and my husband. Between us we take 7 prescriptions. If it weren't for the $10.00 90-day supply at Walmart, we would have to forego taking them because we have no medical insurance.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Obama can't be blamed, he hasn't done anything!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2