Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
June 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
      1
2345678
9101112131415
16171819202122
23242526272829
30      

Calendar Calendar


The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

+6
sbraney
gettheminNOVEMBER
Abbie
jmainframe
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Jobless_in_Ma
10 posters

Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:46 am

08/11/2011 10:47 PM Romney And Unemployment Insurance

Mitt Romney said at Thursday night's debate that he was in favor of ending the current system of unemployment benefits, but did not support doing away with unemployment insurance altogether.

"If I were president right now," said the former Massachusetts governor, "I would go to Congress with a new system for unemployment [benefits], which would have [individual] accounts from which people could withdraw funds…"

How that would actually work, Romney didn't say. And he stressed repeatedly that he was against "endless unemployment benefits." Still, the mere idea that Romney would support some form of unemployment insurance is kind of noteworthy for this Republican field.

-- Sam Stein

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/08/11/iowa-debate-news-live-_n_924402.html#29_romney-and-unemployment-insurance

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:25 am

Of course he's not going to flat out come out against it. He doesn't want to lose millions of votes.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2348
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 50
Location : Ma

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:17 pm

Yeah, he is going to make us THINK that he will do something. Sounds to me like another one of those voucher systems, only this time for unemployment. He thinks the unemployed are stupid. Well, we know that IF he got elected, the first thing he would do would be to eliminate UI.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Member

Posts : 329
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by jmainframe Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:36 pm

Well, anyone who has been with this site for more than 1 day know what the repub stance on unemployment insurance is.
jmainframe
jmainframe
Member

Posts : 471
Join date : 2011-02-24
Age : 65
Location : New Jersey

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by Abbie Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:53 pm

I would go to Congress with a new system for unemployment [benefits], which would have [individual] accounts from which people could withdraw funds....

It might be the idea floated awhile back that while employed you contributed to your own unemployment fund (kind of like a 401K) and if you become unemployed it is your own money you collect from. I'll bet that's his idea, forget the part that millions can't do that now....
Abbie
Abbie
Member

Posts : 144
Join date : 2011-02-22

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:29 pm

He is another OUT OF TOUCH RICH buttwipe! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil

His daddy gave him EVERYTHING!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 49

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by sbraney Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:26 pm

This buttwipe used to be called Mitt Robbed Me when gov of Mass. He is your typical con touting the bull regarding self-sufficiency as if he knows anything about that. What a dumb ass - what he's proposing wouldn't begin to cover ones expenses - he either doesn't understand the insurance industry or just rattles whatever enters his pathetic, deceitful head. While I believe that learning to be responsible and self-reliant builds character, it's no wonder that scumballs like Romney have NONE since he relied on seed money from his old man - and undoubtedly married well - it certainly didn't come from brains. In fact, his ONLY business claim to fame makes it impossible for Americans to sustain a job, because "businessmen" like Romney would rather gut the American workforce and go after cheap labor globally to enrich themselves. These hypocrites are willing to do whatever it takes to increase profits - regardless of whether or not families and whole communities are destroyed in the process. Remember that gangsters believe profit trumps life always - corporations are more valuable than people according to cons. What's completely exasperating is that these jockstraps consider themselves close to something they think is god. It's perfectly acceptable to pillage the planet too - which should make it obvious that their god has horns. Bachman, Palin, Perry, Romney, Santorum, etc., are nothing more than very greedy and vicious thugs screwing us with a smile on their smug faces. Going to church no more makes one a christian that sleeping in your garage makes you a car - and these evangelical sociopaths truly prove it. They are an outright insult to the Creator of this amazing Universe. Shame on them and to the pretend democons. The same right wing fascists were responsible for helping Hitler rise to power, and under eerily similar circumstances.

sbraney
Member

Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-02-20

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Fri Aug 12, 2011 5:34 pm

sbraney wrote:This buttwipe used to be called Mitt Robbed Me when gov of Mass. He is your typical con touting the bull regarding self-sufficiency as if he knows anything about that. What a dumb ass - what he's proposing wouldn't begin to cover ones expenses - he either doesn't understand the insurance industry or just rattles whatever enters his pathetic, deceitful head. While I believe that learning to be responsible and self-reliant builds character, it's no wonder that scumballs like Romney have NONE since he relied on seed money from his old man - and undoubtedly married well - it certainly didn't come from brains. In fact, his ONLY business claim to fame makes it impossible for Americans to sustain a job, because "businessmen" like Romney would rather gut the American workforce and go after cheap labor globally to enrich themselves. These hypocrites are willing to do whatever it takes to increase profits - regardless of whether or not families and whole communities are destroyed in the process. Remember that gangsters believe profit trumps life always - corporations are more valuable than people according to cons. What's completely exasperating is that these jockstraps consider themselves close to something they think is god. It's perfectly acceptable to pillage the planet too - which should make it obvious that their god has horns. Bachman, Palin, Perry, Romney, Santorum, etc., are nothing more than very greedy and vicious thugs screwing us with a smile on their smug faces. Going to church no more makes one a christian that sleeping in your garage makes you a car - and these evangelical sociopaths truly prove it. They are an outright insult to the Creator of this amazing Universe. Shame on them and to the pretend democons. The same right wing fascists were responsible for helping Hitler rise to power, and under eerily similar circumstances.

Sooooooo You don't like Ronmey? LMFAO Well said!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Member

Posts : 329
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:56 pm

This would just be a savings account that you would draw from if you lost your job. There is no insurance involved. He blatantly said he would do away with it. You might as well just save the money yourself.

Anyone who thinks a republican is, was, or ever will be on the side of the unemployed at this point is seriously deluding themselves and probably beyond the grasp of common sense.

I'm just shocked that working people would want to do away with something like this. Do these people think they will never lose their jobs?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by truth Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:03 pm

He's against "endless unemployment benefits". Who on earth favors "endless unemployment benefits"? It's such a typical Republican response, a superfically sensible slogan until you think about it. Then, you realize it's nonsense and evil nonsense at that because it's a subtle attack on the unemployed, hinting that the unemployed are lazy leaches, who don't want to find another job.


truth
Member

Posts : 122
Join date : 2011-04-24

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:16 pm

I'm for endless unemployment benefits. I think it should work the way it does in England. You have benefits until you find a Job BUT you have to go in every week and turn in your job searches.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:21 pm

Romney’s net worth pegged at $190-$250M. He will never give a damn about the unemployed or the middle class for that matter.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Member

Posts : 329
Join date : 2011-02-21
Location : Pennsylvania

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by broketrucker Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:14 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:This would just be a savings account that you would draw from if you lost your job. There is no insurance involved. He blatantly said he would do away with it. You might as well just save the money yourself.

Anyone who thinks a republican is, was, or ever will be on the side of the unemployed at this point is seriously deluding themselves and probably beyond the grasp of common sense.

I'm just shocked that working people would want to do away with something like this. Do these people think they will never lose their jobs?

I'm sure Big Business
is behind this somewhere.
The gap between rich and poor
is the only line they care about.

broketrucker
Member

Posts : 17
Join date : 2011-02-18
Location : NC

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by tonysam Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:38 pm

"Individual accounts"? That's a laugh. This is the same garbage that has been peddled for 401(k)s (to ditch real pensions) and MSAs (to replace company health insurance plans). All of these are scams designed to put all of the risk on the employee and none on the employer.

Romney is full of it.

tonysam
Member

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by tonysam Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:39 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:I'm for endless unemployment benefits. I think it should work the way it does in England. You have benefits until you find a Job BUT you have to go in every week and turn in your job searches.

In many areas there is no longer any place to "go in." I can't stand the lies that the unemployed are "gaming" the system. That is total garbage.

tonysam
Member

Posts : 3
Join date : 2011-05-16

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:47 am

Well there would have to be places established to be able to "go in" this would create jobs too.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance Empty Re: The Iowa GOP Debate - Romney on Unemployment Insurance

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum