Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power

5 posters

Go down

After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  Empty After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 9:35 am

Rather, S&P's downgrade is a pointed critique of our political system -- the reality that we have a group of political extremists, nihilist, who have invaded and seemingly conquered the Republican Party of Ronald Reagan conservatives.

This band of political hooligans are both unable and uninterested in governing. Reagan would have a hard time recognizing these Tea Partiers as real Republicans.

Let's face it, the Tea Party has sought to shut down the Government by any means necessary. As another expression of their nihilism, fresh from the Tea Party's foray into vandalizing America's economic stability, they most recently blocked funding of the Federal Aviation Administration, purely for ideological reasons.

It is fair to assume that any rational American would agree that the FAA, responsible for our civilian air transportation system, is a critical agency to keep funded.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/fernando-espuelas/debt-downgrade-tea-party_b_920519.html

Back to top Go down

After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  Empty Re: After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power

Post by Guest Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:42 am

They should all be FIRED for endangering society! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power  Empty Re: After Downgrade, Americans Must Drive Tea Party From Power

Post by JoanB Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:24 pm

JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:39 pm

JoanB wrote:Did you see this?

Tea Party Cheers Downgrade

Yea I saw that, they screw the economy and blame Obama for not having enough jobs. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:55 pm

I saw that video of the tea party cheering the downgrade. I hate to judge something taken out of context but it certainly looks like they are cheering. I know I have said this a million times but our country has lost it's mind.

I blame people being so uneducated that they don't even know what the debt ceiling is or what a default really means. I don't think that the tea party candidates even realized that this was something that they would have to vote on. Like that moron representative Brown from Georgia. He put a bill forth that would LOWER the debt ceiling. That would be the same thing as having $1000 limit on credit card and then calling and telling your credit card company that you only wanted a $500 limit.
You would instantly be $500 over your limit and incur incredible fees and a lowered credit rating. I thought these were the "common sense" candidates.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:09 pm

Is it lack of education or eating too many paint chips as children? But why choose--it could be both!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:04 am

I think it is just absolute insanity. The republican voters have just become rabid. They are obsessed with all of this tough guy crap that the republicans seem to give them.

I don't understand it.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Aug 10, 2011 1:21 am

The plan is to starve the beast at all costs so if borrowing is out of control and nobody will do anything about it this ensures that borrowing becomes difficult and expensive. This makes spending even more difficult and inhibits the whole "Social Justice" BS forcing the spending and debt issue to the fore front of the election. It also very effectually makes any tax increase a tax increase across the board as just taxing the upper 1% won’t be nearly enough to cover everything.
As for the lack of education…so elitist lol I think this quote from Horace Porter says it best and IMO describes the elitist left as mugwumps individuals educated beyond their intellect.

And it's not just the Repub voters it's the independents too. If this is what a democracy calls for then it is just…. bye bye "Social Justice" not to worry the liberals ooops (I mean progressives) will rebrand it as "Investment in the middleclass" or some BS. What’s happened is this recession/depression has made people tighten spending and reminded them that over spending and borrowing is a road to ruin. SO these poor uneducated people( not having the math skills of Wall Streeters or overly educated elitists and leftist) figure we must live within our means. Watch how fast the Dems this election cycle will be repeating that mantra.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:03 am

tristen,

In your opinion, what are the components of "Social Justice" (which you label as "BS" for some reason.) Do you include unemployment aid, food stamps, Medicaid as part of "Social Justice"? How about Social Security and Medicare? I certainly hope your labeling of "Social Justice BS" doesn't include full Constitutionally-guaranteed civil rights all, although as far as I know, that has been the primary focus of "Social Justice" over the years. I don't consider any of these things to be BS.

Responding (again) to a further point you raised, do you still insist that the federal government is subject to the same financial restraints as a household?
I posed this and a score of other questions about your opinions regarding the federal budget on another thread. You didn't answer a single one. Where are some facts that underlie your sweeping assertions?

In any case, it should be obvious that borrowing and spending are not necessarily the road to ruin for an individual or a government. How many successful businesses have been started, continued, and expanded with borrowing and spending? The US borrowed and spent massively during WW II. Was that the road to ruin? Think about it. Do you come up with these slogans on your own, or is someone feeding you these lines?

One more thing, before you slam supposed leftist elitists, you might take a look at your banner proclaiming that you are "Too smart to be a Democrat". That's not elitist, huh?

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Aug 10, 2011 5:19 am

Here are my questions, tristen, in case you missed them the first time.

1. Please define "going broke". Explain how, why, and when the US would go "broke". How can a country that has absolute control over the currency in which its debt is denominated ever "go broke"? How does the federal government differ from countries like Greece, Spain, and Italy and likewise from state and minicipal governments, businesses, and households?

2. If, as you claim, the US is "going broke", when did this critical stage start? Have we ever been closer to "going broke?

3. Can you name at least ten developed nations that, according to your definition of "going broke", are closer to our supposed state of "going broke"?

4. What exactly is that "tipping point" for "going broke"? Who says so? Upon what empirical basis do they assert such a "tipping point"? Can you name a developed nation that has already arguably gone far beyond that "tipping point"? Has the US itself ever been closer to that "tipping point"?

5.Why should total debt never exceed one year's GDP (I assume that's what you mean by "income"). Why is that a magic figure? How long do we have to "pay off the debt"? Do we ever have to pay it off"? How long has the US had a debt?

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Aug 10, 2011 7:51 pm

I want to know when I became buds with Wall Streeters. I'm looking forward to lunch with some hedge fund managers...get me one of them Wagyu burgers--yum!
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Don't hold your breath, Joan. You'ld probably have to undergo a sex change. I haven't noticed many (any?) women among the ranks of the Wallstreeters.

Maybe that's part of the problem.

Last edited by truth on Thu Aug 11, 2011 1:25 am; edited 1 time in total

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:11 pm

Oh...you don't think being a sock monkey would preclude me from being one of the Masters of the Universe, do you?
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down