Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many'

+4
truth
lendmeflight2
mistermunster
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
8 posters

Go down

Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' Empty Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many'

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 4:55 pm

During an interview with the Wall Street Journal, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) said he is ready and willing to slash entitlements like Medicare, because, in his opinion, Americans have to “come to grips with the fact that promises have been made that frankly are not going to be kept for many“:

What we need to be able to do is to demonstrate that that is the better way for the people of this country. Get the fiscal house in order, come to grips with the fact that promises have been made that, frankly, are not going to be kept for many. [...] The math doesn’t lie.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/08/04/287560/cantor-entitlement-promises-frankly-are-not-going-to-be-kept-for-many/

Back to top Go down

Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' Empty Re: Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many'

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:50 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:
During an interview with the Wall Street Journal, House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA) said he is ready and willing to slash entitlements like Medicare, because, in his opinion, Americans have to “come to grips with the fact that promises have been made that frankly are not going to be kept for many“:

What we need to be able to do is to demonstrate that that is the better way for the people of this country. Get the fiscal house in order, come to grips with the fact that promises have been made that, frankly, are not going to be kept for many. [...] The math doesn’t lie.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2011/08/04/287560/cantor-entitlement-promises-frankly-are-not-going-to-be-kept-for-many/

And we promise, Mr. Cantor, to VOTE YOU AND ALL YOUR CRONIES OUT OF OFFICE!

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many' Empty Re: Cantor: Entitlement Promises 'Frankly, Are Not Going To Be Kept For Many'

Post by mistermunster Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:56 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
Sick & Tired wrote:

And we promise, Mr. Cantor, to VOTE YOU AND ALL YOUR CRONIES OUT OF OFFICE!

Sorry, VOTING is part of the problem. We need to bring back the guillotine and remove these fools from the gene pool before they destroy US ALL. Twisted Evil
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:00 pm

For some ungodly reason, people actually believe members of GOP congress such as Cantor have their best interest in mind...Hopefully people have wised up enough to make the votes count. unfortunately our only defense is to vote him and the other devils advocates out.

There may have been a time when they were right to believe...but over the past few years the GOTP has become majorly extreme and have turned against society. (unless youre rich, of course) I cant name any that have the average americans interest in mind any more. I have always been democrat, but I remember a time when there were quite a few republicans in congress that I liked. Not the case anymore.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:44 pm

It would actually be funny if it wasn't so sad. Just about every program that die hard republican voters are against and want removed were actually started by republicans. You always hear republicans saying we should go back to the gold standard, it was Nixon that took our money off the gold standard. Most republicans vote republican for reasons that don't really matter. Gay marriage doesn't matter, abortion doesn't matter.
Gun rights don't matter because there is no one in either party trying to take away guns. All of these republican candidates always throw these talking points in voter's faces and win their vote. I can remember many people on the original UFF who wouldn't vote for a democrat because they were pro-choice even at the cost of their, and everyone else's, unemployment benefits. Religion makes people crazy.

The republicans count on these diversion tactics because if they had to run on the facts none of them would ever get elected.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:25 am

I agree, lendme, except for the religion part. Religion can be a force for good although its overall record is quite disappointing. Yes, it does make lots of people do crazy things.

I do find it especially loathsome when politicians exploit people's religious beliefs for purely political purposes.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:28 am

I am actually glad cantor said this because it will be replayed and repeated all throughout the election process next year.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:29 am

Yet, sales of luxury items in this country are at or near record levels. In fact, Mercedes Benz just reported its best July ever worldwide, with a 9% increase in the US alone!

There's no question as to american wealth. Problem is, it's all in the hands of the rich. The rest of us are forced to struggle even more by having our safety nets like Medicare cut, while the rich continue to buy their $750 shoes, $9,000 coats, and $100,000 cars!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:13 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:I am actually glad cantor said this because it will be replayed and repeated all throughout the election process next year.

You made a good point. I can't stand Eric Cantor...hope he will be voted out..
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by mamroz Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:31 am

laine25 wrote:
lendmeflight2 wrote:I am actually glad cantor said this because it will be replayed and repeated all throughout the election process next year.

You made a good point. I can't stand Eric Cantor...hope he will be voted out..

I, too, hope that these evil, greedy people get voted out of office, but I have a feeling that since we are becoming 3rd World, that our elections will be much like elections in 3rd World counties - with ballot stuffing, paying off voters, etc. And in America right now, the deceit happens all the time with redistricting, making it difficult for poor people to register, etc.

Since Rethuglicans have no conscience whatsoever, consider it a done deal that they will get around this silly little "voting problem."

mamroz

Back to top Go down

Post by laine25 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:39 am

I am so frustrated and disgusted by what I saw in Congress over the debt ceiling debate, I don't even know who to vote for anymore. I don't like anybody. Nobody has any solutions for the problems but they sure do know how to sling a lot of mud.
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:35 pm

jmainframe wrote:Yet, sales of luxury items in this country are at or near record levels. In fact, Mercedes Benz just reported its best July ever worldwide, with a 9% increase in the US alone!

There's no question as to american wealth. Problem is, it's all in the hands of the rich. The rest of us are forced to struggle even more by having our safety nets like Medicare cut, while the rich continue to buy their $750 shoes, $9,000 coats, and $100,000 cars!

Paul Ryan, who authored the House GOP plot to cut Medicare by using vouchers and to give that money to the rich in the form of more tax cuts, drank two $350 bottles of wine with two "economists". Of course, they WEREN'T lobbyists, and he paid for one of the bottles, and he only drank one glass of wine. I'm sure Ryan learned a lot about economics from those two "economists", who each polished off almost a whole bottle of of that 350 buck wine.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:09 pm

Cantor spoke to Jim Cramer. Has no interest in helping the Unemployed at all.

May that man face the chopping block soon.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:07 am

TR11005 wrote:Cantor spoke to Jim Cramer. Has no interest in helping the Unemployed at all.

May that man face the chopping block soon.

Every time I see that weasel and Bonehead on TV, I change the channel. I am afraid I may break my TV. Had it since 2001 and still working great. Can't afford a new TV now.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum