Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table

+9
Riled American
MoInSTL
462Tech
JoanB
mistermunster
Jobless_in_Ma
TR11005
gettheminNOVEMBER
exhaustedandtired/1208
13 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 Empty House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table

Post by Guest Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

Today 8:23 PM Senate Votes To Kill Boehner's Debt Ceiling Plan

Final vote is 59-41.
Today 8:15 PM Conrad: McConnell Won't Negotiate With Reid

During an appearance on MSNBC on Friday night, Sen. Kent Conrad (D-N.D.) said that Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell told Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid that he would not work with him to negotiate a compromise to raise the debt ceiling. According to the North Dakota Democrat, the Republican leader indicated, however, that he would be willing to engage in talks with the president.
Today 8:10 PM House GOP To Vote Down Reid's Debt Proposal On Saturday

The House will hold a Saturday vote on the debt plan offered by Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) just to show that it can't pass, a senior GOP aide said Friday.

Brad Dayspring, a spokesman for House Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-Va.), took to Twitter with the news.

"BREAKING: House to vote on @SenatorReid's Debt Ceiling bill tomorrow - will show not capable of passing," he tweeted.

The GOP plan is largely for theatrics; their aim is to put on full display that Reid's bill, in its current form, lacks the support to pass the House. News of their plan comes at the same time the Senate is lining up a Friday night vote on the House GOP debt plan, which is expected to crash and burn in the Senate.

The House is scheduled to go into session at noon on Saturday and move to vote around 1:00 p.m.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/27/debt-ceiling-deadline-_n_911605.html#362_senate-votes-to-kill-boehners-debt-ceiling-plan
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 443294

Back to top Go down

House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 Empty Re: House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Sun Jul 31, 2011 11:02 am

I can live with them doing a deal without the tax increases now, because Obama can use the Bush tax cuts as his ace in the hole next year when they expire, should he get re-elected and by some chance have a democratic majority. But if he approves anything that changes the big three and caters to the Tea Party, he is digging his own grave with respect to his already shaky re-election chances.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 Empty Re: House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:13 pm

Agreed Too Old, he will really damage his chances, then we will all be in big trouble, the three will more or less be evaporated over a set period in order to allow the population to make other plans, yea right.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:16 pm

If he damages the big three he is toast. There will be know reason to vote for him. I have no idea what I will do because I will damned if I will vote for a republican. A lot of people compare Obama to Carter but he is more like Tony Blair, England's prime minister after Thatcher, both of them catered too much to the conservative side.

The thing I don't understand is why people think the democrats are not willing to compromise. I was watching cspan on Friday and all the republicans said that the "democrats can't have everything they want". Really? What are they getting? We have democrats writing republican bills to keep crazy hard right bills from passing.

This is insanity.

Another point is since when does the speaker of the house get a rebuttal every time the president says anything? I know a lot of people didn't know much about government or the political system before they lost their job but this is unheard of. It's not "both sides should get their say", both sides do not always get their say. There is only a rebuttal after the state of the union address and even then the tea party doesn't get a second rebuttal!
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:45 pm

One thing I am trying to keep in mind while SS and other things are on the table for being cut...It may not last for ever. If dems get the house back and Obama is re-elected then what ever is cut may possibly be reversed. Its not written in stone. It may be a naive way to think, but its what is getting me through this for now and keeping me from smashing my tv
House passes GOP debt bill over objections of Obama, Democrats; Senate votes to table - Page 2 545210

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2