Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip'

4 posters

Go down

White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' Empty White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip'

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 9:26 am

"This is not a double dip," Council of Economic Advisers Chairman Austan Goolsbee told Reuters Insider after the government report showed the economy created only 18,000 jobs in June. "This is a reflection and reiteration that the growth rate slowed at the beginning of this year."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/08/double-dip-goolsbee-austan-recession_n_893175.html

Back to top Go down

White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' Empty Re: White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip'

Post by TR11005 Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:38 am

I believe him. However, it is a Great Depression II.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip' Empty Re: White House Adviser Austan Goolsbee: 'This Is Not A Double Dip'

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 11:43 am

TR11005 wrote:I believe him. However, it is a Great Depression II.
I like your way of thinking - it is the truth! Although I'm sure that wasn't what he meant, he can't hide it any longer. It has gotten to the point of being beyond "bad". I can't wait until this clueless Economic Adviser leaves in August! Last month it was just "a bump in the road" (which has now turned into a sinkhole), this month "no double-dip". This guy needs a real job.
BLeep

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:34 pm

I think he is accurate. We seem to have a feeling in this country that if anything goes wrong ever or there is some kind of setback or if something doesn't live up to expectation, that the whole thing is going to hell.

I don't really think that this is the case. Now, with that being said, if the debt ceiling is not raised or something else happens to work in conjunction with this, then we could see a double dip. Things are still A LOT better than they were a few months ago. I see a lot of stuff to apply for now that wasn't there months ago.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Jul 09, 2011 4:29 pm

Goolsby knows the 99ers by name and he chooses to ignore them. I really don't like when he told the unemployed to just hang in there. Its time for him to go. Twisted Evil
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:03 pm

I do agree lendme. Certain areas of the economy are slowly coming back, just not hiring unfortunately. I also agree with you getthem, he specifically spoke to us last summer when he first accepted the job, he did a town hall as well, if anyone remembers, he specifically addressed the fact that it made "perfect sense to help the 99ers and we ought to address it" citing how we spend our benefits, circulate the money usually within the day it's received, how that in turn helps the stores, utilities etc. Then he went deaf and mute. I realize he doesn't write legislation, but he certainly was there to guide. Truth is, as long as the Tea Party is around, we will have a tough time getting anything unless the Dems give up something else.

Back to top Go down

Post by gonzofl Sat Jul 09, 2011 5:43 pm

Of course it's not a double dip....we haven't recovered from the first one yet.
gonzofl
gonzofl

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down