Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal

+7
gettheminNOVEMBER
Judi58
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
Falcon7
JoanB
Redpossum
exhaustedandtired/1208
11 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  Empty Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal

Post by Guest Wed Jul 06, 2011 11:56 pm

President Barack Obama is raising the stakes in the ongoing talks to raise the debt ceiling and lower the deficit — proposing $4 trillion in cuts over the next decade, including reductions to Social Security, The Washington Post is reporting.

Obama has already indicated he would support cuts to the "delivery-side" of Medicare and Medicaid as long as Republicans agree to new revenues, but including Social Security in the deal will be tough for many Democrats to stomach.
Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/white-house-seeking-social-security-cuts-in-deficit-reduction-deal-2011-7#ixzz1RNtmVpN0

Last edited by DesperateInRI on Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  Empty Re: Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:04 am

WOW! He's the best republican they have!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  Empty Re: Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:07 am

unemployed screwed first and next the Social security and now medicare and medicade... .. Now what he needs to do is cut taxes for the rich again!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:13 am

Hey I got it Obama!! Why not tax the unemployed and call it a unemployment tax. If your unemployed make us pay taxes..Then you can offset that by lowering the tax rate for the rich! Boy , you are a sure winner from both sides...

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:53 am

Wow.

Just...wow.

Just when I thought he couldn't possibly betray us any worse than he already has, Barak Obama reaches a new low.

Redpossum

http://possumhole.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:07 am

President Obama is pressing congressional leaders to consider a far-reaching debt-reduction plan that would force Democrats to accept major changes to Social Security and Medicare in exchange for Republican support for fresh tax revenue.

At a meeting with top House and Senate leaders set for Thursday morning, Obama plans to argue that a rare consensus has emerged about the size and scope of the nation’s budget problems and that policymakers should seize the moment to take dramatic action.

As part of his pitch, Obama is proposing significant reductions in Medicare spending and for the first time is offering to tackle the rising cost of Social Security, according to people in both parties with knowledge of the proposal. The move marks a major shift for the White House and could present a direct challenge to Democratic lawmakers who have vowed to protect health and retirement benefits from the assault on government spending.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/business/economy/in-debt-talks-obama-offers-social-security-cuts/2011/07/06/gIQA2sFO1H_story.html

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:26 am

Keith Ellison was on Morning Joe discussing this and claims it's more of a headline than fact. Talked about the cuts to medicare and it's more of looking into the cost saving aspects of Plan B for prescriptions. He did not discuss Social Security.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:37 am

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Hey I got it Obama!! Why not tax the unemployed and call it a unemployment tax. If your unemployed make us pay taxes..Then you can offset that by lowering the tax rate for the rich! Boy , you are a sure winner from both sides...

Reagan beat him to that idea. UC wasn't taxed until the 80s. But this really sucks too if it's true.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:37 am

Yes he did!!!! I tried to fwd the article but he certainly has discussed cuts and more! Someone told CNN in confidence about his negotiations!

http://www.cnn.com/2011/POLITICS/07/07/debt.crisis/index.html?iref=NS1

click and read!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Falcon7 Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:30 am

Oh, don't worry the Republican's will cut a few redundant Tax loopholes...

THIS PRESIDENT IS A TOTAL WUSS!
Along with many other Dems. JUST F'N PATHETIC!

Falcon7

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:55 am

This is flat-out treason. The President has betrayed us, sold us out to our enemies,*moderated*

Redpossum

http://possumhole.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:10 pm

I cant BELIEVE he is caving...I actually thought he would hold out. I understand we cant default, but COME ON!! MOST Americans were behind him on this!!! I AM BEYOND ANGRY!

Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  545210 Obama announces Social Security Cuts in Deficit Reduction Deal  552349450 mad no

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:27 pm

If he goes through with the cuts, he is going to lose even the backing of the Dems in the Senate. They are not happy about this at all - it will be the end of their political careers.

They have stolen my mid-life years by creating the mess the economy is in, robbing me of my retirement savings, no job so I'm not paying into Social Security and now I will not have anything better to look forward to. I won't even be able to think of retiring if I ever find a job again.

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:59 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:If he goes through with the cuts, he is going to lose even the backing of the Dems in the Senate. They are not happy about this at all - it will be the end of their political careers.

They have stolen my mid-life years by creating the mess the economy is in, robbing me of my retirement savings, no job so I'm not paying into Social Security and now I will not have anything better to look forward to. I won't even be able to think of retiring if I ever find a job again.

So very well said and my sentiments exactly.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:19 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:If he goes through with the cuts, he is going to lose even the backing of the Dems in the Senate. They are not happy about this at all - it will be the end of their political careers.

So very well said and my sentiments exactly.

I agree...
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:20 pm

JoanB wrote:
exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:Hey I got it Obama!! Why not tax the unemployed and call it a unemployment tax. If your unemployed make us pay taxes..Then you can offset that by lowering the tax rate for the rich! Boy , you are a sure winner from both sides...

Reagan beat him to that idea. UC wasn't taxed until the 80s. But this really sucks too if it's true.

Reagans dead but I am sure Obama will come up with the idea to tax the unemployed off benefits!!! Get it!!! OFF! Out, nada 99er!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:55 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208 wrote:
JoanB wrote:

Reagans dead but I am sure Obama will come up with the idea to tax the unemployed off benefits!!! Get it!!! OFF! Out, nada 99er!!!

Funny 1208 how you MINDLESSLY blame Obama when its the RIGHT with YOUR state SENATOR Mitch wanting the cuts. BY THE WAY OBAMA IS NOT CAVING.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/07/social-security-cuts-debt_n_892070.html

ITS THE FRIGGEN RIGHT THAT WANTS TO MAKE THE CUTS DAMMIT I AM TIRED OF THIS BS BLAME OBAMA BULLSHITE!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:13 pm

Redpossum wrote:This is flat-out treason. The President has betrayed us, sold us out to our enemies,*moderated*

How about blaming the RIGHT, THE REAL ENEMY and put them in front of a firing SQUAD???

I know its all Obama fault. keep buying that BS. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes We should change your name to BLUEpossun since you are a Democrat?
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:37 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
JoanB wrote:

Funny 1208 how you MINDLESSLY blame Obama when its the RIGHT with YOUR state SENATOR Mitch wanting the cuts. BY THE WAY OBAMA IS NOT CAVING.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/07/social-security-cuts-debt_n_892070.html

ITS THE FRIGGEN RIGHT THAT WANTS TO MAKE THE CUTS DAMMIT I AM TIRED OF THIS BS BLAME OBAMA BULLSHITE!

wait til this is over and we'll see! I think I'll stick with my intuition~

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:45 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
JoanB wrote:

wait til this is over and we'll see! I think I'll stick with my intuition~

How come your "intuition" never blames Mitch Mcconnell or the GOP? They are the one PUSHING for the DAM cuts????
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:46 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
Redpossum wrote:This is flat-out treason. The President has betrayed us, sold us out to our enemies,*moderated*

How about blaming the RIGHT, THE REAL ENEMY and put them in front of a firing SQUAD???

I know its all Obama fault. keep buying that BS. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes We should change your name to BLUEpossun since you are a Democrat?
Put people if front of a firing squad ? Did not alot of you blame all republicans and the "baggers" along with Palin for the shooting of Gabby Gifford BECAUSE OF THIS EXACT TYPE OF RHETORIC ? Obama will FOLD because it is in his history to. You can back him all you feel like but he has shown his true colors.

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by stansmad Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:47 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Put people if front of a firing squad ? Did not alot of you blame all republicans and the "baggers" along with Palin for the shooting of Gabby Gifford BECAUSE OF THIS EXACT TYPE OF RHETORIC ? Obama will FOLD because it is in his history to. You can back him all you feel like but he has shown his true colors.

stansmad

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Please all, I post this earlier http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/07/social-security-cuts-debt_n_892070.htmld

Thanks for the link getthem.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:58 pm

stansmad wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

True colors HUH YOU BUDDY REDPOSSUM SAID PUT OBAMA ON THE END OF A ROPE. I am tired of it. Both of you NEVER help out only DEFEND THE right. You sit in the shadows waiting to defend your GOP. PATHETIC!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next