Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
quit my job EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
quit my job EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
quit my job EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
quit my job EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
quit my job EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
quit my job EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
quit my job EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
quit my job EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
quit my job EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
quit my job EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
quit my job EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
quit my job EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
quit my job EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
quit my job EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
quit my job EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

quit my job

+3
TR11005
lendmeflight2
beretta1071@gmail.com
7 posters

Go down

quit my job Empty quit my job

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:56 am

I know you are all going to hate me. In this bad economy I know all of you are desperate for a job. Well I quit mine last week. I was depressed and miserable everyday, with a job that was stressfull, unmotivating. Managment and the company could care the least bit about anybody. Very sad situation.

It was the most difficult decision I have ever made, but going to work everyday was torturous. Our manager only responded with saying that more work is going to be heaped on us. She did nothing to alleviate our burden, but just added to us.

I could not bear going everyday to a job I absolutely hate. I felt I was leaving a part of myself everyday. i dreaded going to bed everynight just thinking of going their everyday for 8 hours a day. That is alot of time to spend at something you just cannot stand.

I'am not the only one that feels this way, many people in this dept, would quit also, except they are afraid to do so.

I was too, but at this point I chose no paycheck to being depressed/miserable ALL THE TIME.

I think it is awful to be unemployed or in job that you hate in the economy, I think either choice really sucks! Sad

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

quit my job Empty Re: quit my job

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:00 am

I always hate to hear people say this, after what I have been through the last year and a half. I hope you made the right decision. Either way you are in the right place, the people here know a lot and will help with anything.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:04 am

I know being unemployed must suck, but so is going to job that you hate. I do not wish either choice on anybody, believe me I'am scared/terrified of my decision, but it was either quit or eventually get fired because it started affecting my attitude and quality of work.

I know i'am going to get berated about this. Going to job where you feel its a prison because the atmosphere is oppresive and joyless is just as bad.

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:06 am

I won't berate you. I know how you feel about working a job you hate.

I am just here for support. If you need any advice please ask us. It is a different world now.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Feb 24, 2011 3:58 am

Your health is more important then your job. Good Luck

You can get other jobs, but it is harder to keep your sanity in toxic environments.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Feb 24, 2011 6:38 am

beretta1071@gmail.com wrote:

I think it is awful to be unemployed or in job that you hate in the economy, I think either choice really sucks! Sad

Isn't this the problem at the core. Being ENSLAVED to crappy people and a sh!tty economic system just to put a roof over your head or food on your table. That is not living and at this point in our human evolution we should have better than this. Until we can focus on the betterment of the human condition. We work all our lives to have 3 main things (food, shelter, and medical care) everything else is worthless to base survival as long as we keep focusing on the NEED of these things. If somehow on a world scale if everyone could have these things by right I'm sure much strife and overall problems will end. So much for my futurist philosophy.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Mcfly Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:03 am

Your points are valid mistermunster. Very. If your job is good, okay then. If not, you are enslaved to a toxic environment by people who mean nothing, are nothing and yet control your life. Strange.

quit my job 681285
Mcfly
Mcfly

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Thu Feb 24, 2011 7:17 am

Mcfly wrote:Your points are valid mistermunster. Very. If your job is good, okay then. If not, you are enslaved to a toxic environment by people who mean nothing, are nothing and yet control your life. Strange.

quit my job 681285

It not strange but rather insane to build your society around such crap that cripples peoples spirits. Remember, we have all been fed the BS line. "Get an EDUCATION so you can GET a GOOD JOB." Getting a GOOD job entails that you WORK for SOMEONE ELSE. Now if for decades if we had been pushing the idea of "GET a GOOD education so you can START a business" Things might be different. But the whole system was DESIGNED to ENSLAVE us to OTHERS with money. Now those with money NO LONGER NEED US. Add to the OTHER fact is we KEEP electing RICH PEOPLE to make the LAWS that govern and control us. yeah, the system works fine doesn't it. Rolling Eyes
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Feb 24, 2011 11:06 am

My father also said, "You don't get rich working for other people." I should have listen.

How true, mistermunster.

When your old then retire, then it makes it harder to start a business. Now, they made sure we don't have enough retirement funds, So, they keep us working even if we can collect early SS benefits.

You have to remember the people at work, generally are not your friends, there your competitors. It is better to be in a productive environment where at least you feel good about yourself or doing your own thing. I have always took it as a learning process for my next job and not to take it personnel. Don't be complacent, that is dangerous these days.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Yes Mistmunster:
I will tell you some of my co-workers would love to quite, but just like you said, they have to keep a roof over their head and they have kids. Thank fully I do not have either, but it was still a very hard thing to do.

Yes we are enslaved to either being unemployed (homeless, starving) or chained to a job that you hate, that seems to be the choices a lot of people have these days, what a horrible way to live.

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beretta1071@gmail.com Thu Feb 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Mistermunster

I have the same futurist thinking as you. Why can't our basic needs (food, roof over our head) be automatically met. I have always thought that. We should not have to depend on an economic system or market to meets these two basic needs. It would avoid so much misery like we are going thru right now striving to meet those needs at crappy jobs or depending on UI payments.

Or have something live a basic universal income (UBI) for every person. I don't think these things are so radical, I think as much as we have progressed, this should already be.

This economic darwinism that we have to live in is barbaric, in my opinion, just as bad as old medieval torture devices.

beretta1071@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:29 pm

I feel bad for the workers that are left after layoffs. They now have to do three other peoples jobs and worry if they are next to be layed off. They dont get a raise and the bosses let them know every day that they are easily replaceable.

Remember when your job used to be a good thing? If you were loyal to the company the boss would be loyal in return to you. Co workers used to be your friends and you felt good about the job you were doing? I miss those days!
Kathy
Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:30 pm

Yes, I agree with both you. Food, shelter, medical care, should all be basic human rights.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:30 pm

I wouldn't have quit. I would've looked for another job at the same time. But quitting wouldn't have been an option for me.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Hunterforjobs Thu Feb 24, 2011 2:32 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Yes, I agree with both you. Food, shelter, medical care, should all be basic human rights.

Someone taking care of you like the government to put food on our table? I don't know any country in this century or past centuries that do or did that.
Hunterforjobs
Hunterforjobs

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down