Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!

Go down

Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! Empty Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:01 pm

http://www.unionofunemployed.com/blog/recent-news/recipe-for-the-economy-jobs-jobs-jobs/

Bill Clinton’s group offers recipe for economy
By Andrew Stern, June 29, 2011, Reuters
If banks loaned out their $2 trillion cash hoard, if worker training programs were stepped up and if 3 million job openings were filled, the economic recovery would be far stronger, a panel assembled by former President Bill Clinton said on Wednesday.
Clinton opened the meeting of his six-year-old Clinton Global Initiative with a discussion entitled “Jobs, Jobs, Jobs,” that the organization for the first time is focused squarely on the United States.
“The banks in America have well over $2 trillion in cash not committed to loans. Now, there’s nowhere near $2 trillion in loan demand out there but there’s some that is unsatisfied,” Clinton told the gathering of 750 leaders of business, government and nonprofit organizations.
Clinton opened the two-day conference by announcing several “commitments” by business and labor groups aimed at financing new jobs.

Back to top Go down

Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! Empty Re: Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!

Post by USA Citizen Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:36 pm

We will only have to wait until 2023 to get jobs !!!

"The economy is recovering more slowly from what has been dubbed the Great Recession than any downturn since World War Two. Though the recession formally ended in mid-2009, the economy is being held back by sluggish job growth, weak housing prices and meager demand for loans.

“The current path of the economy means we will not close the job gap until 2023,” former Clinton presidential aide Laura Tyson told the gathering, referring to recovering not only jobs lost in the recession but also creating jobs for the influx of 125,000 new workers a month."

http://www.unionofunemployed.com/blog/recent-news/recipe-for-the-economy-jobs-jobs-jobs/
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs! Empty Re: Recipe For The Economy - Jobs, Jobs, Jobs!

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:37 pm

Thats unacceptable! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:21 pm

I truly believe if we want this to happen, we have to make it happen. I am seriously thinking about contacting local business in NJ and getting ideas from them about what type of people they plant to hire in the near or distant future, where to they see the company going, growing? If I could get maybe ten companies to listen, seriously consider hiring the unemployed/99ers, possibly I could continue to get more and more. I feel right now that waiting on Wash DC I will be very, very old and will no longer care about a job, I will care far more about being able to reach my walker or cane. Former President Clinton is right now doing more than anyone has in the last 3 years. What will come of it, who knows, but he is trying at least.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down