Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed

+2
Kathleen
Unjobbed
6 posters

Go down

Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed Empty Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed

Post by Unjobbed Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:54 pm

Unjobbed

Back to top Go down

Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed Empty Re: Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:00 pm

Many unemployed folks usually don’t understand why they’ve been out of work for so long. Their obvious scape goat is the economy and the other billion job seekers that are their competition. This excuse is completely warranted, but I can’t let them off the hook so easy. It’s just not happening.

Here are 6 reasons why you most likely haven’t found a job yet:

I will gladly give him a piece of my mind! MAD

Back to top Go down

Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed Empty Re: Please tell this guy to stop picking on the unemployed

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:05 pm

As one poster elegantly put it, advice from someone getting paid to give you advice. Very clever. Do we know anything about him? What are his creds. Should people even think about taking advice from him?

I know, let's email him and tell him to GET A JOB!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathleen Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:20 pm

MaryKay wrote:As one poster elegantly put it, advice from someone getting paid to give you advice. Very clever. Do we know anything about him? What are his creds. Should people even think about taking advice from him?

He's doing what the media and other blogging job sites say we all should do......... create our own job. Personally I couldn't do it, it would feel to much like ripping off people in trouble for my own monetary gain.
Mad
Kathleen
Kathleen

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:00 am

http://www.wausaudailyherald.com/article/20110622/WDH0101/106220515/Legislative-inaction-kills-jobless-benefits-extension?odyssey=obinsite

" Republican Rep. Robin Vos of Burlington, the co-chairman of the Joint Committee on Finance, is among legislators who think extending unemployment benefits gives the unemployed a reason not to take low-paying work and search for better-paying jobs. "

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:02 am

I wonder what Rep Robin Vos would do if he had no income, would he collect unemployment? Would he take any job, and by the way even "minimum wage" jobs are not a slam-dunk.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:48 am

wausauguy wrote:I wonder what Rep Robin Vos would do if he had no income, would he collect unemployment? Would he take any job, and by the way even "minimum wage" jobs are not a slam-dunk.

That's a very good question. Vos would probably have no idea how to cope.

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:34 am

He made some valid points. What about the unemployed workers that have all tried these suggestions. You have to keep trying different things. If employers and recruiters are not calling it could be a lack of jobs and not effort on many. Don't judge people by the actions of a few. This is his dangerous assumption and make many of us very angry!

There needs to be living wage jobs!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:39 am

Kathleen wrote:
MaryKay wrote:As one poster elegantly put it, advice from someone getting paid to give you advice. Very clever. Do we know anything about him? What are his creds. Should people even think about taking advice from him?

He's doing what the media and other blogging job sites say we all should do......... create our own job. Personally I couldn't do it, it would feel to much like ripping off people in trouble for my own monetary gain.
Mad

My husband and I talk about this all of the time. It is extremely difficult to start your own business. Number one, most of us have bad credit due to the lack of job and no one will give us a loan. number two, the economy is so bad that most new businesses are going to find it very difficult to stay in business.

People like this piss me off! Ill be giving him a piece of my mind as well!!

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:23 pm

TR11005 Thanks for commenting.

I find it interesting that when I emailed Vos and Gov Walkers office last night I ended my emails to them with the comment...

"We need living wage jobs with benefits!"

[Sickandtired You are so right on about all the "just start your own business." while a few find a way it really is more difficult when more and more people lack income, have reduced income, or are in fear so they are not spending. Bad credit, even relatively good credit won't help in this economy because money borrowed has to be repaid, but with low or no sales, it just doesn't happen.[/size]

I will also add today, while some people may be sincere when they give their "tips" advising what unemployed people should do, they really are slapping them in the face. The rhetoric of networking, switching fields, moving, etc (as if we have not tried) really are not working as well in this economy.

We need living wage jobs ..... not advice.... maybe then we could move away from unemployment extensions...

John

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 2:45 pm

I've known many folks in business, most filed bankrupcy, some were lucky to sell the assets at a hugh discount just to get out with something. Some with bad credit tied the loan to their home, you can guess what happened when they folded.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:32 pm

What gets me the most is, do they really think we haven't thought of these things ourselves??? The advice they give, whether well intended or not, is just plain insulting at times. I wish they would do their homework and research the facts before they make assumptions. None of them realize how painful this whole ordeal is!! We are not dealing with a normal job market. times are extraordinary.

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:09 pm

Tonight our 5pm local news had a bit about how unemployment was up in May from April so they bring on some 20 something economist saying that the economy is strong???????? ANd they ended the clip with the reporter saying we will have staffing people coment on common mistakes applicants make..... when will the focus be where it should be...... we need living wage jobs... period.

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:12 pm

They are so misinformed at the local level more so than anyone. We should inform them and encourage them to do their homework before reporting. Didnt that use to be the cardinal law of reporting...knowing the facts first???

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:14 pm

Sick & Tired I have to add now because on the 6pm news they did has staffing agency person actual state there are more appicants than jobs and that they have never had so many applications. They also had a couple of young people explaining their frustration over the lack of job opportunities. The economics expert even did a different spin.

I still think the 5pm news could leave people misled, but I had to comment on how they did seem to have a more factual response on the 6pm news and redeemed themselves.

Take Care

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:43 pm

What a tool! The only reason I'm working now is pure luck. And if more people who are working were honest, they'd admit the same. But they'd rather believe that they're just better or smarter or some other horse$#!+.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Unjobbed Fri Jun 24, 2011 1:34 am

The mean length of unemployment is now at nearly 40 weeks. This, of course, does not include anyone who worked any sort of temporary job since losing their job. Even one day of work will re-set the unemployment duration as far as the Department of Labor is concerned. It's likely that the more realistic mean number of weeks is much closer to one year...possibly longer.

These statistics and all the others just simply don't bode well for anyone that is unemployed. Anyone with half a brain can figure that out. No matter how perfect a job candidate one is, no matter how many times they retool their resume and improve their interviewing and networking skills, the numbers just are not in their favor.

The author of the blog doesn't seem to get it. It's much easier for the so-called experts like him to live by the old rules that if you were unemployed for any great length of time that there must be something wrong with you. That biased way of thinking is not at all applicable in this job market.

Hopefully this was a bit of a wake-up call for the blogger. Snap judgments are unwarranted when so many people are really, really hurting (and even dying) because of the decimated job market. There is room for guidance, support and constructive advice, but there is no place for "tough love" when lives are being shattered.

Unjobbed

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri Jun 24, 2011 5:23 am

That person will only get it, if it only happens to him. Since 2004, I have had many temporary jobs, too many to put half of them on a two page resume. I know how to get a job, the problem is it is impossible to keep a job in this economy. Nobody wants to permanently hire an older worker.

Sorry I live off the government, but now I am allowed to. Since I made it to 62 for early Social Security. That is not enough to live on. McDonald type jobs will not hire me. Remember Al, at least I made where I will at least have food. I am a skilled educated person, many of the unemployed are too. None of us asked for this. Quit telling it is our fault and that we don't know how to find work.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:20 am

Well, my email to Voss and Gov Walker has recd no response.

I wrote them the other day and even asked for direct leads on a job.

I will be following up with them once a week... I will keep nagging them.

Anyone making assumptions on the unemployed deserves a wake up call.

J

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Unjobbed Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:45 pm

He's at it again with a new blog post:
http://www.cornonthejob.com/career-advice/my-reaction-to-the-comment-war-that-was-6-reasons-you-dont-have-a-job/
This time there's swearing and he says the unemployed need a kick in the behind, only he doesn't say "behind", and need to grow up. And, we should all pay him. What a jerk.

Unjobbed

Back to top Go down

Post by cablab Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:00 am

IGNORE THE PERSON AND HE WILL LEAVE!!!
cablab
cablab

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 am

cablab is right. The more we visit his blog and post comments, the more he likes it because it generates traffic to his site and probably makes money that way as well. I commented on the initial blog and wished I hadnt afterwards. He is mindless and not worth our time and energy! Try not to let it get to you. He is probably paid by one of those teaparty groups that pay their followers to create chaos on the web.

I know its hard, but try not to let it bother you, don't give him the satisfaction.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum