Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

+8
cablab
hello
couth11
americatheneedy
laine25
USA Citizen
lendmeflight2
gettheminNOVEMBER
12 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 Empty Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:45 pm

First topic message reminder :

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2011/06/20/249307/georgia-man-robs-for-health/

Yet when he was laid off from Coca Cola three years ago, Verone was desperate to find work. He eventually found work as a convenience clerk, yet he began to notice a protrusion in his chest. He developed arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome, and soon the pain became too much for him to bear. He filed for disability, but he was denied any sort of coverage by the federal government.

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by Guest Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:02 pm

I agree. Who are they to place a value on anyone's life? It makes me sick. No one deserves to suffer.

Back to top Go down

Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage - Page 3 Empty Re: Shame Of America: Desperate Man Robs Store For One Dollar In Order To Go To Jail To Get Health Coverage

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:03 pm

flexy633 wrote:Yes, I do blame the government for this. And I also think we need a decent healthcare system in this country that isn't tied to a full-time job. What bozo thought that up anyway? You have to have a full-time job in order to have health care. What???

If we had decent healthcare in this country, this man would not have had to do what he did.

I hope you don't have any pre-existing conditions. Many Americans do and will at one time in thier life. You will be denied now under current policy. The system needs an overhaul and NOT in private hands.

Don't know if you have kids but it allows them to stay LONGER under their parents insurance. They still have alot of work to do.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by New_Wave_Princess Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:21 am

flexy633 wrote:I found this board by doing a search on the guy who robbed a bank for $1. Unfortunately, this will probably be more common as more and more people cannot find jobs and need assistance.

What are people to do? Especially a man who has no children under 18 that he is supporting?

Why are more people not screaming for help to those that are single without children? As New Way said, "Should I just die? Is my life not worth as much as a parent who has children?" She is right!

Example: My mom is 60 years old. She lost her job and applied for public aid after unemployment ran out (before the extensions started). She was only given about $140 a month in food stamps. No medical or financial assistance. The woman at public aid told her, "It is very difficult to get help in this country unless you are disabled or have children under 18 living with you." But, she has a difibulator in her chest that needs to be checked and she is on a bunch of different medications.

So, I told her, "Just adopt a baby from Africa and you'll get all the care you need." Seriously. Why can't people see that it is wrong to ignore singles who have worked all of their lives, paid property taxes towards schools, and all of the social programs that support people with children?

Another example: I applied for a pell grant when I was unemployed. My income for the previous year that I had to report was all based on my unemployment compensation. It amounted to $19,000. I was denied. My friend who just became unemployed had to report her previous year income while she was still work which was $50,000. She was approved. Why? Because she had two kids under 18.

Even the Board of Education was in disbelief when I called about this. How is this fair???? Wake up people!

Everyone needs to look at this and wake up. A great post and completely on the mark. We are discriminating against childless and it's not fair. Personally, I'd rather save her 60 year old mom than a woman on welfare with many kids she knew she couldn't afford.

New_Wave_Princess

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:48 am

New_Wave_Princess wrote:
flexy633 wrote:I found this board by doing a search on the guy who robbed a bank for $1. Unfortunately, this will probably be more common as more and more people cannot find jobs and need assistance.

What are people to do? Especially a man who has no children under 18 that he is supporting?

Why are more people not screaming for help to those that are single without children? As New Way said, "Should I just die? Is my life not worth as much as a parent who has children?" She is right!

Example: My mom is 60 years old. She lost her job and applied for public aid after unemployment ran out (before the extensions started). She was only given about $140 a month in food stamps. No medical or financial assistance. The woman at public aid told her, "It is very difficult to get help in this country unless you are disabled or have children under 18 living with you." But, she has a difibulator in her chest that needs to be checked and she is on a bunch of different medications.

So, I told her, "Just adopt a baby from Africa and you'll get all the care you need." Seriously. Why can't people see that it is wrong to ignore singles who have worked all of their lives, paid property taxes towards schools, and all of the social programs that support people with children?

Another example: I applied for a pell grant when I was unemployed. My income for the previous year that I had to report was all based on my unemployment compensation. It amounted to $19,000. I was denied. My friend who just became unemployed had to report her previous year income while she was still work which was $50,000. She was approved. Why? Because she had two kids under 18.

Even the Board of Education was in disbelief when I called about this. How is this fair???? Wake up people!

Everyone needs to look at this and wake up. A great post and completely on the mark. We are discriminating against childless and it's not fair. Personally, I'd rather save her 60 year old mom than a woman on welfare with many kids she knew she couldn't afford.

Please only use one profile. We know they are both you. Rolling Eyes It just confuses people and its against forum rules.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by USA Citizen Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:02 am

The bank robber Verone was filmed at jail and said that he has no regrets about robbing the bank for $1 because he is now getting great health care besides the 3 hots and a cot. His prison doctor told him that he is gaming the system, which Verone admits. Verone expects to get out in a few years in time to get his retirement and has a condo lined up near the beach. He doesn't recommend going his route though. Perhaps Obamacare will solve some of the problems that unhealthy poor people have, because putting all of the unemployed in jail would be very expensive. It is time for Obama to declare a state of national emergency so that FEMA camps could be opened for those no longer able to care for themselves and give them food, shelter, and health care. Even HR 589 will only provide a short term solution and it isn't likely to pass. Even better would be a national solution that created jobs for the millions of unemployed people.

Last edited by USA Citizen on Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:11 am

I agree USA Citizen

FEMA camps would be safer than having homeless families roaming the streets and I feel it would put pressure on Washington to pass jobs legislation quickly. They aren't feeling the pressure yet (how this is possible is beyond me, but they obviously arent feeling it yet) If this continues suicides will rise even more and crime will go through the roof because people are desperate. Its the logical thing to do...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3