Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
 Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll

5 posters

Go down

Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  Empty Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:40 am

Some economists might be worried about a double-dip recession, but a large number of Americans have an even worse scenario in mind.

Approximately 48 percent of Americans say they think that a Great Depression is either very or somewhat likely to occur within the year, according to a CNN Opinion Research Poll, the highest percentage of respondents that have stated that level of certainty since CNN first started asking the question in October 2008.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/09/nearly-half-of-americans-fear-depression_n_874406.html

Back to top Go down

Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  Empty Re: Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:12 pm

Sadly, I think many of us feel this way for a reason. We see no upside coming in what matters most. Jobs!! Without them, those of us looking can't buy, pay bills, save money, take care of our families. How can the majority of the people feel good about even slight economic growth, it doesn't help us.

Please contact your Representatives today, Where are the Jobs????

Last edited by MaryKay on Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll  Empty Re: Nearly Half Of America Says U.S. Nearing Great Depression: CNN Poll

Post by laine25 Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:21 pm

I really think we are in a depression. The numbers are incorrect. When somebody says 9.3% unemployment, it is really much higher. It's more like 16% or higher. I do contact my representatives but they are not listening. Maybe the correct word would be they are "ignoring".
laine25
laine25

Back to top Go down

Post by suri Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:24 pm

I agree and there's nothing 'Great' about it Recession or Depression! When it's YOU AND YOURS 'it' doesn't matter? No where to turn...

suri

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:56 pm

There is another term that could be oorth mentioning, that being Long Depression. This is a term refering to an economic depression that started in 1873 & lasted for almost all of the remainder of the 19th century. There has been talk that we could be in the early stages of something similiar to that.

Last edited by jchapman on Wed Jun 15, 2011 5:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:05 pm

There is no doubt that we are in a Depression, and it will be a long one. None of the "great minds" in Congress know what to do about it. "Avoidance" and finger pointing are the way they are handling it. IMO, we are in this one for the long haul.

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:17 am

And the problem's not just here. Its worldwide!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Jun 15, 2011 7:14 am

I believe, as many of you here that we are already in a depression. The government and employers, with their heads up their butts, kept blaming the unemployed for being unable to land jobs when it was the economy all along, and they knew it. Blind optimism doesn't get you very far when it's not rooted in reality.

IMHO, the government and large corporations, with their comprehensive economic forecasting models, knew this depression was coming years before it happened. They knew that the economic policies of America and countries overseas were unsustainable. They were bubbles just waiting to burst.

Last edited by jmainframe on Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:19 am; edited 1 time in total
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:11 am

My elderly father who passed away in 2008 said this was going to happen. He lived through the first one and saw the signs.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:24 am

americatheneedy wrote:My elderly father who passed away in 2008 said this was going to happen. He lived through the first one and saw the signs.

Sorry for your loss ATN. I know he's in a much better place now.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:04 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:There is no doubt that we are in a Depression, and it will be a long one. None of the "great minds" in Congress know what to do about it. "Avoidance" and finger pointing are the way they are handling it. IMO, we are in this one for the long haul.

This is my worst fear as well. I've said before, I think the finger pointing and polarizing is political theater because they won't listen to the experts and since they didn't and won't admit it was a bad decision, neither party really knows how to get us out of this without admitting they were wrong and rolling up theirs sleeves and working together. I think when those who finance them find themselves in trouble again and no "bail out" is available, they will then find a way to work together, they will have no choice. It amazes me that neither party has had the gumption to bring in the economists and work with them on both sides to get this turned around

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down