Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

CBS Sunday News: Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression

5 posters

Go down

CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression Empty CBS Sunday News: Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression

Post by evw59 Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:42 pm

evw59
evw59

Back to top Go down

CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression Empty Re: CBS Sunday News: Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:24 am

"If you have been unemployed for 6 months or more, it takes a much deeper toll - not just on your personal finances and your career prospects - but on your emotional well-being," said Paul Taylor, an executive vice president with the Pew Research Center.

Tinong Nwachan said no matter how hard it's been, he isn't giving up on his search.

"I'm taking everything one day at a time. Eventually I know I'm gonna find something," Nwachan said.

All he says he's hoping for is a job that will take more of his time, and take him off the streets.

Read more: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2011/06/05/eveningnews/main20069136.shtml#ixzz1OSkNnasG

Back to top Go down

CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression Empty Re: CBS Sunday News: Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:25 am

This article needs to be tweeted, retweeted, shared on Facebook and sent to every member of the House & Senate!

Oh yeah, Austan Goolsbee too! He doesn't have a clue! Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

Post by suri Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:04 pm

Clueless? You are TOO KIND!! CBS Sunday News:  Chronic unemployment worse than Great Depression 895764

suri

Back to top Go down

Post by Kulkulkan Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:12 pm

"That person has to realize that, discover what field they want to work in, become trained and find a job in that field," said Jerry Nickelsburg, Sr., an economist at UCLA.

Duh, nitwit. Perhaps if you ivory tower types were to , perhaps, give us some idea WHAT to be retrained in, or how someone with NO money can afford that, you would be worth something. Really insulting, really, since it implies we are somehow too dumb and/or stubborn to adapt.

Also, the comments section just makes me Mad. At this point I don't care if Obama or Bush are to blame. Just help us fix it!
Kulkulkan
Kulkulkan

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:23 pm

I am so frickin sick of hearing about retraining. I went back to school and retrained for a area with mass "shortages"-teaching, now they are laying all the teachers off because they have blown the money on bs. Now I am stuck with loans because of my retraining. I am so sick of hearing this-I know others are as well. Retrain in what???? Nobody is hiring.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Mon Jun 06, 2011 5:40 pm

That retraining B***s*** is just another excuse in a long line of excuses, that started with "we inherited a mess left by George Bush.. The economy sucks, & the news media is just trying to cover Obama's lies & the Wall Street crowd that he keeps company with.

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:39 pm

I've spent countless hours doing research looking through trade publications and other articles trying to figure out what to consider being retrained for. Almost everything is tied to the fact that if the unemployed don't have money to spend, then it is likely that particular industry will not have plentiful jobs either. I've seen all the stats posted from the BLS about what fields are growing, mostly healthcare (and, I really am still not convinced of that, I know nurses that have been laid off). And, I live in a sunbelt state with elder folks. Medical facilities are actually over built in some places. I'm not opposed to retraining, but I'm too old to go 100 percent into this line of thinking, come out of the training with no experience, and limited jobs because that field has been blown up as well during my training period, or whatever.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down