Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users

+5
mistermunster
Abbie
lendmeflight2
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
9 posters

Go down

GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users Empty GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:18 pm

They are coming out in force this weekend!

FARENTHOLD: "Drug testing for recipients of various welfare programs, I really think that’s something that needs to be considered. We’ve gotta, you know, nobody wants to starve anybody. Everybody wants to help folks out. But we’ve got a system where you can stay on unemployment for an awfully long time. And I think we need to create a system of decreasing benefits over time to encourage you to get a job. I think anybody who’s had an alcoholic in their life or somebody with a drug problem, realizes that until things get bad enough there’s no incentive to change. I think that we’re so generous in some of our social problems that people are unwilling to get a job outside in the heat. Rather than get 15 dollars to go get roofing they’d rather get 9 or 10 dollars in benefits. I think drug testing is not an unreasonable requirement to get benefits."

Watch the video in the article!

http://thinkprogress.org/2011/04/29/blake-farenthold-unemployment-drugs/ Evil or Very Mad

Back to top Go down

GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users Empty Re: GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:40 pm

ok, last I knew street drugs AND alcohol cost lots of money if your an addict. How could anyone on welfare or UE benefits afford drugs?

I think anybody who’s had an alcoholic in their life or somebody with a drug problem, realizes that until things get bad enough there’s no incentive to change. I think that we’re so generous in some of our social problems that people are unwilling to get a job outside in the heat.

bull crap bull crap bull crap!!! things are worse than "bad" THERE ARE NO F****** JOBS!!! Why do they not acknowledge this? You cant get something that IS NOT THERE! I am so sick of these half assed comments made by members of congress!

I think we need to put him at the top of the list with the other reps we are contacting and fill him in on things.

BLeep

Back to top Go down

GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users Empty Re: GOP Rep. Blake Farenthold Compares Unemployed Americans to Alcoholics and Drug Users

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:46 pm

This sounds awfully similar to another Repubs plans last year.

These folks will go out of their way to discredit and blame the unemployment problem on the unemployed while safe harboring the actual folks responsible for this mess.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:49 pm

I will pee in a cup if they will. We will see who fails!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:01 pm

Notice how he says, "we are so generous in some of our social programs". He didn't want to come right out and attack the unemployed. What a sneeky SOB.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Apr 30, 2011 11:05 pm

Really? is that the case. Things aren't bad enough? How bad do they have to be? Do I have to be homeless before I am motivated to work.

It's a surprise that these people don't get punched in the mouth when they go out places.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Sun May 01, 2011 11:18 am

Our Reps are the ones who need drug/alcohol tests taken at random during their terms and then kicked out without benefits if the test is positive. No second chances, no rehab at our expense.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun May 01, 2011 3:16 pm

Liars, Cheats, Thieves, and adulterers abound in Congress, and I'm sure a few cokeheads too.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun May 01, 2011 3:46 pm

I wonder he realizes unemployment is not welfare, we pay unemployment insurance. Why is this fact not reported more? I bet he makes money off the drug testing companies.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun May 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Robert Watson, Rhode Island lawmaker who ripped pot smokers, busted for marijuana possession

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/04/26/2011-04-26_robert_watson_rhode_island_lawmaker_who_ripped_pot_smokers_busted_for_marijuana_.html#ixzz1L8GKVUvd

All politicians should be tested for drugs Laughing

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun May 01, 2011 6:08 pm

America1st wrote:Robert Watson, Rhode Island lawmaker who ripped pot smokers, busted for marijuana possession

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/politics/2011/04/26/2011-04-26_robert_watson_rhode_island_lawmaker_who_ripped_pot_smokers_busted_for_marijuana_.html#ixzz1L8GKVUvd

All politicians should be tested for drugs Laughing

I just love hearing these stories.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Brain Droppings Sun May 01, 2011 10:59 pm

I think anyone w/ the name, "Blake Farenthold", which sounds like a cartoon character, should resign immediately!

Razz
Brain Droppings
Brain Droppings

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Mon May 02, 2011 12:57 pm

I think ALL political figures should be drug tested at their own expense then tested again randomly. I bet you a thousand dollars that we have some politicians doing them becuase look at the way some of them behave on a daily basis. Turn about is fair play IMO.... Laughing
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon May 02, 2011 1:19 pm

chopthis91 wrote:I think ALL political figures should be drug tested at their own expense then tested again randomly. I bet you a thousand dollars that we have some politicians doing them becuase look at the way some of them behave on a daily basis. Turn about is fair play IMO.... Laughing

I think they should be given breathalyzer tests before they enter the Capitol. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Mon May 02, 2011 1:52 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
chopthis91 wrote:I think ALL political figures should be drug tested at their own expense then tested again randomly. I bet you a thousand dollars that we have some politicians doing them becuase look at the way some of them behave on a daily basis. Turn about is fair play IMO.... Laughing

I think they should be given breathalyzer tests before they enter the Capitol. Razz

That would stop some of those martini lunches they have on a daily basis (at taxpayer's expense)...

chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Thu May 05, 2011 11:23 am

chopthis91 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

That would stop some of those martini lunches they have on a daily basis (at taxpayer's expense)...

If the breathalyzer test happens, they would have to get a new Speaker.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu May 05, 2011 11:27 am

Abbie wrote:
chopthis91 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

Another one that would be out the door would be Max Baucus in the Senate. Remember his drunken speech on the Floor during the healthcare debates? They should have thrown him out right there and then.

drunken

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 05, 2011 11:28 am

we should push hard for alcohol and drug testing for congressional members and president!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu May 05, 2011 11:29 am

Whoop's.... They have the power! We have no say after they are voted in!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Thu May 05, 2011 11:31 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
Abbie wrote:
chopthis91 wrote:
DesperateInRI wrote:

Another one that would be out the door would be Max Baucus in the Senate. Remember his drunken speech on the Floor during the healthcare debates? They should have thrown him out right there and then.

drunken

I remember him too. This could be a way to rid ourselves of several career politicians in both parties, too bad the bunch that votes themselves raises would never pass a bill like this.
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Thu May 05, 2011 2:42 pm

I can't even go there. Just Dazed
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down