Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues

5 posters

Go down

Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues Empty Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:44 pm

U.S. households are now getting more in cash handouts from the government than they are paying in taxes for the first time since the Great Depression. Households received $2.3 trillion in some kind of government support in 2010. That includes expanded unemployment benefits, as well as payments for Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid, and stimulus spending, among other things.

But that’s more than the $2.2 trillion households paid in taxes, an amount that has slumped largely due to the recession, according to an analysis by the Fiscal Times.

And the handouts from the government have been growing.
Government cash handouts account for a whopping 79% of household growth since 2007, even as household tax payments--for things like the income and payroll tax, among other taxes--have fallen by $312 billion.

That is a tough feeding trough to take away from voters.
Read more: http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/2011/04/20/government-cash-handouts-exceed-tax-revenues/#ixzz1K6dCUSb6
no

Back to top Go down

Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues Empty Re: Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:49 pm

PISH POSH!! MAD

Back to top Go down

Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues Empty Re: Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 7:51 pm

LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:55 pm

What about all the taxes being paid every day. Sales taxes on everything you buy, even food in some states. Gasoline tax, cigarette tax, liquor tax, property tax, automobile license tax, and probably many more depending on what state you live in. Of course, you can't pay into income tax when you don't have any income that is taxable. But, UI is also taxable, forgot that.

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:10 pm

what they are saying is probably true but that just means that we are in a recession and those people (us) either have no job or have a job paying a lot less than in 2007. Any economic growth these people have is due to government "handouts". This seems obvious to me.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:19 pm

The independent Government Accounting Office (GAO) found that 72 percent of large foreign controlled companies and 55 percent of large U.S. controlled companies haven't paid taxes. On the other hand, American families will spend an average of 28 percent of their income to pay federal, state and local taxes this year according to the non-partisan Tax Foundation.

http://dccc.org/blog/entry/middle_income_families_pay_their_taxes_while_some_major_corporations_dont/

From the Fox article:

In short, Americans have the government, not private enterprise, to thank for their wealth growth.

Wealth growth? Can I have some of what this woman is smokin"?

Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:53 pm

wealth growth...PLEASE! Most of us are on the verge of homelessness or are already, have moved in with family, lost vehicles, credit is shot, spent rainy day savings annuities, etc. I would love to know what wealth growth means to these people.

Lets not forget, FOX IS A CROCK!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Apr 20, 2011 10:12 pm

What he meant to say is that
In short, Americans have got the private enterprise, to thank for their wealth loss, Job loss and possibly homelessness.

Thank you!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:53 pm

Wait!!!!!!!!!

Wasn't last summer supposed to be the "summer of recovery"?

OH!!! Wait!!!!

Didn't they say that we came OUT of the recession?

Is it like fuzzy math?

DEPRESSION, WE HAVE BEEN AND STILL ARE IN A DEPRESSION.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:01 am

MAD Dont ask me why, but I was just reading the comments section on this article....Now I am extremely frustrated!
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues 545210

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:04 am

Sick & Tired wrote: MAD Dont ask me why, but I was just reading the comments section on this article....Now I am extremely frustrated!
Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues 545210

Vent Away! Fox Business: Government Cash Handouts Now Top Tax Revenues 317789 Never, never read comment sections. They are always worse than the articles itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:24 am

LOL!!!!! I love how they say "handouts". The sad thing is FOX ( aka FAUX ) is going to continue to push this delusion and the self-righteous, judgemental, watered down versions of "Americans" are going to continue to buy into it until they are affected by the same government they so called love and trust...excuse me while I go and post this on the same site....no worries DesperateinRI wont read there ...just copy and pasting.
Mad lol **sigh** Mad

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Abbie Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:19 am

I wonder how many of her 'statistics' she pulled out of her Jerk. In the first place as of November 2010, according to the WSJ, who I am sure any FOX *cough* journalist could cite, says there were 43.6 million on Food Stamps at that time.

http://blogs.wsj.com/economics/2011/02/02/some-43-million-americans-use-food-stamps/

Second, did this FOX bimbo think over 40 million ELIGIBLE Seniors who were robbed to pay into SS/MED were never going to cash out? Not to mention all the unemployed people who had to take an early retirement, how many articles have there been about that? Maybe she ought to pull her head out of her Jerk where she obviously gets some of her statistics and check out real data and other sources.

Third, if you look up the banks cited in the article you will find they both could receive tax refunds in 2010 in the millions.

All this Idiot had to do was search with the phrase' companies who don't pay taxes' and she would see who is really getting the biggest fricking handouts of anyone in this Country.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2008/08/12/us-usa-taxes-corporations-idUSN1249465620080812

http://www.buzzfeed.com/gregp3/pay-your-taxes-these-10-companies-didnt-2nvq

I could go on and on about who the real welfare queens are but I'll spare you.

Stupidity at FOX as usual reigns supreme.

Oh and I didn't say Jerk Smile
Abbie
Abbie

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:05 am

I like your rant better, shoul've posted that one.

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:05 pm

Nice, I stated the facts about FS and UE and how they stimulate the economy and the posts never showed showed up.

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Apr 21, 2011 5:45 pm

Lets see. Obama gave libya rebels 25 million for so called non lethal use!! yeah right!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:54 am

And it cost 5,000 per hour to run the drones over libya. that Obama just authorized..

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down