Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
honestly how are we gonna survive? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

honestly how are we gonna survive?

+8
StressedOutMax
lendmeflight2
Jobless_in_Ma
jmainframe
Springflowers
americatheneedy
delko
cablab
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

honestly how are we gonna survive? Empty honestly how are we gonna survive?

Post by cablab Fri Apr 15, 2011 3:52 am

cablab
cablab

Back to top Go down

honestly how are we gonna survive? Empty Re: honestly how are we gonna survive?

Post by delko Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:27 am

We are not going to survive. And just wait until the artificial 'float' from the TARP Bail Outs in 2008 finally wears down, after the Wall Street scum pocketed all the money...and the next market collapse hits...and this time there is no bail out. Looks like we will have a lot of company joining us on the Unemployment Line.

delko

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:37 am

I don't know if you have land, but I have planted a garden with tomatoes, cucumber, strawberries and others. I can at least have a salad. I also coupon. That said, it don't pay the mortgage. They want us to die and go away-that way they "kill" two birds with one stone- no more unemployment and reduction in SS and medicare down the road.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:01 am

Pray to God.

If you have some land start using it and grow some food. I wish I did, we are considering moving so we can grow some food but its so expensive.

Move to rural area with some community. {Trying to convince husband of this, not sure if I will succeed or not, if I wasnt disabled, I may already gone myself by now and said you can join me}

Strengthen social networks, family networks, and others where you will have other people you can turn to for help. Easier done in smaller communities. The one I live in is antisocial and out of touch, even the churches are more busy collecting and traveling overseas.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:16 pm

GET OUT OF THE CITIES while you still can....
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:21 pm

americatheneedy wrote:GET OUT OF THE CITIES while you still can....

EXACTLY!!!! GET OUT OF THE CITIES!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:29 am

Do anything you can to survive! Get into survival mode, take all that anger you're feeling about being unemployed, and turn it into something else! DO NOT LET THIS COUNTRY OR THOSE IDIOTS IN CONGRESS DESTROY YOU!!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:52 pm

Take it one day at a time. Myself I'm moving back home with my Mom...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Apr 18, 2011 5:47 pm

Are you moving soon JIM?

If nothing changes I am moving next week. I hope there is no fight with my roommate over May's rent because I don't have it.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:00 pm

lendmeflight2 wrote:Are you moving soon JIM?

If nothing changes I am moving next week. I hope there is no fight with my roommate over May's rent because I don't have it.

Im moving this Saturday unfortunately. Back to moms basement. Its not bad though, its finished, has it own bathroom and is fairly roomy.

I lived there for a year back in 09.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:01 pm

We live day to day. It is very difficult to NOT be able to think of the future. ITS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! I thought living week to week to was stressful, living day to day and some times hour to hour is EXTREMELY stressful.

I have to admit that my husband and I have been fortunate. We have family that continue to surprise us when we least expect it. For example, today I went to the mailbox feeling depressed and hopeless until I reached in and pulled out an envelope addressed to me from my mom. Enclosed was 2 fifties!!!!

The timing was perfect. My kids are on school vacation this week and we had 5 bucks left to our name. Now, we will be able to do a little something with them and buy easter baskets from the easter bunny.

Also, a family member called and asked my husband to install a breaker and outlet on Saturday and is going to pay him to do it!

Other than that, we have sold just about everything that we own to get by. We are running out of options. It is frightening.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Thats great SNT. At least we have family who understand. I feel bad for those who do not have family or friends to help out.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:07 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:

Im moving this Saturday unfortunately. Back to moms basement. Its not bad though, its finished, has it own bathroom and is fairly roomy.

I lived there for a year back in 09.

Yeah, If eb doesn't get restored this week or maybe next week I will probably have to do the same. I feel fortunate that I have somewhere to go. Even If I was offered a job today I wouldn't get paid in time to pay my rent. It's almost a relief. The fight for survival is almost over for me. When I get internet set back up I will continue the fight for added weeks and try and find a part time job somewhere in the town where they live.

Does your mom live close to you or will you have to give up all your friends? That will be the hardest part for me.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:10 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Thats great SNT. At least we have family who understand. I feel bad for those who do not have family or friends to help out.

Me too its terrible. My husband and I use to be the ones that were always able to help family financially when they needed it. Now, we are the ones that need help.

I could never imagine not helping someone I love if I am able.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:12 pm

I am sorry you have to move lendme...good luck and ongoing prayers Praying

Last edited by Sick & Tired on Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:13 pm

Friends?? LOL. Dont really have any anymore. My family is my friends. She lives not too far from where Im at. Ive only been at this location for a year too. I moved last may after losing our condo, and now moving again due to my wife and I being seperated and her definitely wanting a divorce, as well as being a 99er 2nd week of may.... Im stuck in a lease till November too, and had to break the lease. Its been a very stressful few weeks...

Life really stinks right now on every level.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Geez Jobless in Maine sounds horrible. So sorry
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:58 pm

Jobless in Maine?? I live in Massachusetts LOL. Maine is ME
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

honestly how are we gonna survive? Empty There's folks out there .....

Post by StressedOutMax Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:14 pm

For the past 3 years I have been thinking that I am the only one feeling overwhelmed, desperate, angry and defeated because I lost my job and havent been able to find another. Then I fell across this forum and realize that plenty of folks feel just as despondent as I do; it's good to know I'm not alone ......... thank you for making me feel like I have somewhere to go where people will understand why I'm so sad all the time .....

StressedOutMax

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 18, 2011 8:21 pm

StressedOutMax wrote:For the past 3 years I have been thinking that I am the only one feeling overwhelmed, desperate, angry and defeated because I lost my job and havent been able to find another. Then I fell across this forum and realize that plenty of folks feel just as despondent as I do; it's good to know I'm not alone ......... thank you for making me feel like I have somewhere to go where people will understand why I'm so sad all the time .....

Welcome. Sorry you have to be in the position to need this site. It has been 3 years and one month for me. I struggle everyday with the feelings you are describing, as a matter of fact, today is one of those "down days". We are all here to support each other through this hell we are currently living in. Anytime you need to vent, cry or just say hello to fellow unemployed members, feel free. That is what we are here for.

We are all together in this and we will get through it. Hang in there, something good has to happen. I am glad you found us. Every voice in this fight for jobs and additional weeks counts.
honestly how are we gonna survive? 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by MissRi Mon Apr 18, 2011 9:36 pm

StressedOutMax wrote:For the past 3 years I have been thinking that I am the only one feeling overwhelmed, desperate, angry and defeated because I lost my job and havent been able to find another. Then I fell across this forum and realize that plenty of folks feel just as despondent as I do; it's good to know I'm not alone ......... thank you for making me feel like I have somewhere to go where people will understand why I'm so sad all the time .....
I know exactly what you mean. I'm almost never happy and everyday I feel sad. I had one friend I regularly spoke with and after I lost my job she almost immediately stopped even texting me. To this day I haven't had the courage to ask why. I figure it doesn't matter because the answer probably wouldn't be anything I want to hear anyway. It's okay though, I don't harbor any negative feelings in regards to that.

But no one else I know is unemployed and I feel like such a loser and a failure in life. I feel nothing I did was worth it and I worked so hard in high school to get into a good college and then so hard in college to keep up a good GPA. I feel it was all for nothing and like what am I even doing here?

It really does feel good to be with people like here who can really understand what you're going through.

MissRi

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:11 pm

I know how you feel MissRi, worked my butt off while others partied...and now I wonder WHY?? I feel like a complete idiot for doing what I was told by everyone growing up..playing by the rules..It would be easier to accept this unemployment if I could at least blame it on partying etc. but the whole it will pay off in the end is a blatant LIE. Oh did I mention the student loans?????
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by cablab Tue Apr 19, 2011 6:27 am

Got even harder today as my MOMS car broke down...$877.00 to fix it insurance won't cover it as it was mechanical... Two weeks of EB left and im gonna hit the streets kickin the curb. I cannot believe our own Government can treat us this way? I started working when i was 13 YO tossing news papers and never stopped working since. I remeber asking my dad What the heck is FICA...lol. Yet here i sit layed off due to lack of work and cant find a job if my life depended on it...IT DOES!!! where the flip is my government when i need them? My father and grandfathers served in the military and served our country with PRIDE!!! Where is my country at now when us the unemployed need them the most? ON VACATION AGAIN!!! I am starting to lose faith in this OBAMANATION! We need jobs and we need them NOW! GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND MY PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU! H.R 589 needs to show movment lets get together and see if we cant get this passed, at least it will help in the short term.
cablab
cablab

Back to top Go down

Post by delko Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:54 am

What's truly amazing too, is when you mention to people who still have jobs, the lack of empathy. And sometimes even attacked, like I am some kind of scourge to Society. I know, its Human Nature. The good old "it can never happen to me" syndrome as I like to call it. Because deep down, in dark places called reality that people do not want to come to grips with, they know they could be just a step away from where we are at today. So this is how they write it off and rationalize it.

delko

Back to top Go down

Post by StressedOutMax Tue Apr 19, 2011 9:09 am

Thank you all so much for your kind words! It has made me feel better. @cablab .... omg, the water pump went on our vehicle over the weekend! Now it has to sit in the driveway for 2 weeks until I have enough money to get it fixed. Lose-Lose situation. Cant fix the car cuz of no job, but can't look for a job or take interviews cuz there's no car .... round and round I go ... sigh

StressedOutMax

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next