Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
September 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget

+4
Abbie
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
tristen303
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 Empty Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget

Post by Guest Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:45 am

First topic message reminder :

[He] will call for shrinking the nation’s long-term deficits by raising taxes on wealthier Americans and requiring them to pay more into Social Security, drawing a barbed contrast with a Republican plan to save money by deeply slashing Medicare, Medicaid and other domestic spending.

http://tinyurl.com/6ypwg8q

Back to top Go down

Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:18 pm

The "wealthy" do not create jobs. What the wealthy do is contribute mightily to Republican campaigns.

DEMAND creates jobs and only DEMAND creates jobs. Why do 9 business out 10 FAIL their first five years? It is NOT a lack of investment. It is a lack of DEMAND

recall how many jobs were destroyed when Bill Clinton raised taxes on all those "job creators"!

NONE as a matter fact 22 million jobs were created.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 Empty Re: Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget

Post by nky101 Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:09 pm

GOOD GRIEF!!! You cannot have it both ways. If you want to bash one party more than another, that's OK, but don't bash them and then turn around and beg for their support. We are all in this together and need help, but all the basing does not help. Turn it back a couple of notches.

nky101

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:19 pm

nky101 wrote:GOOD GRIEF!!! You cannot have it both ways. If you want to bash one party more than another, that's OK, but don't bash them and then turn around and beg for their support. We are all in this together and need help, but all the basing does not help. Turn it back a couple of notches.

By the way the crewof42 are the only ones fighting for the unemployed and they are all Ds. Just a fact, and I have given the Ds plenty of hell trust me.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:38 pm

tristen303 wrote:I can't get the link to work

Seems to me you can't get your conservative economics to work. How many times and in how many places do they have to fail before you guys figure that out?
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:01 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:
nky101 wrote:GOOD GRIEF!!! You cannot have it both ways. If you want to bash one party more than another, that's OK, but don't bash them and then turn around and beg for their support. We are all in this together and need help, but all the basing does not help. Turn it back a couple of notches.

By the way the crewof42 are the only ones fighting for the unemployed and they are all Ds. Just a fact, and I have given the Ds plenty of hell trust me.

Not to mention the fact that most of this is the fault of republicans anyway. On top of all that the new policies that they put forth will make the problem much worse. Representative Ryan's budget is ridiculous. I don't pretend to speak for Gethem but I will bash who I please and who I blame. You may say we are all in this together but the republcians don't act like they are in it with us. If it weren't for republicans tier 5 would have passed in October of last year.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:19 pm

tristen303 wrote:The case has been made on this forum that by birth if you’re an American you are owed something especially from individuals that are more successful (since they have benefited so well from being an American then have to give back), so the majority that don't pay taxes have benefited also so they must pay back their fair share instead of just receiving; the argument works both ways. We as a nation are broke and this sense that one group must constantly pay for the other while the later receives benefits must end. The Wisconsin election shows that (after claiming how this vote was a vote on Gov Walker the public supported him by how many thousand more the Unions puppet). Whether it is just $50.00 or $100.00 as Americans everybody needs to pony up no excuses.

Even a few of the richest people in America would disagree with this statement. Bill Gates and Donald Trump said publicly that they DID NOT WANT the tax breaks and feel that the rich should be contributing more in such a bad economy. I personally don't want any of their money. I just want them to have to sacrifice if the poor and middle class have to. Its wrong on so many levels to cut benefits and entitlements right now.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Apr 13, 2011 10:23 pm

Sick & Tired wrote:
tristen303 wrote:The case has been made on this forum that by birth if you’re an American you are owed something especially from individuals that are more successful (since they have benefited so well from being an American then have to give back), so the majority that don't pay taxes have benefited also so they must pay back their fair share instead of just receiving; the argument works both ways. We as a nation are broke and this sense that one group must constantly pay for the other while the later receives benefits must end. The Wisconsin election shows that (after claiming how this vote was a vote on Gov Walker the public supported him by how many thousand more the Unions puppet). Whether it is just $50.00 or $100.00 as Americans everybody needs to pony up no excuses.

Even a few of the richest people in America would disagree with this statement. Bill Gates and Donald Trump said publicly that they DID NOT WANT the tax breaks and feel that the rich should be contributing more in such a bad economy. I personally don't want any of their money. I just want them to have to sacrifice if the poor and middle class have to. Its wrong on so many levels to cut benefits and entitlements right now.

Obama said it in his speech too now that is a true PATRIOT! Obama To Draw Sharp Distinction From Republicans On Budget - Page 2 66067 Sacrifice for your COUNTRY! If we can only OPEN his eyes to the jobs crisis and to stop listening to his EGGHEAD advisors?????
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2