Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure

+3
rxfranimal
cps70
Jobless_in_Ma
7 posters

Go down

GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  Empty GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 2:16 pm

Congressional GOP leaders said on Tuesday that the Obama administration has informed them that it will oppose a last-ditch stopgap funding measure proposed by House Republicans to keep the government running for an additional week.

White House Press Secretary Jay Carney would only go so far as to acknowledge and repeat the administration’s criticism of short-term funding measures. “What we have said is that it is not necessary and not acceptable to continue to create a toll booth where you have to pay to keep the government [funded] every two weeks or one week or three weeks. That remains our position,” he said at an off-camera gaggle. “It is counterproductive, we think, to assume that we have to negotiate a short-term CR when we have an agreement on the table that can be reached for the full fiscal year.”
GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  Closed10
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/04/05/gop-leadership-says-white_n_844961.html

Back to top Go down

GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  Empty Re: GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:16 pm

High Drama As Congressional Leaders Lose Hope Of Avoiding Government Shutdown

After a White House meeting with President Obama Tuesday, leaders on Capitol Hill and their aides made it clear that they've reached an impasse in the spending cut fight, and see no way around it

http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/04/high-drama-as-congressional-leaders-lose-hope-of-avoiding-government-shutdown.php?ref=fpi

Back to top Go down

GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  Empty Re: GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:29 pm

Im not surprised by this at all. Of course the GOP is going to blame the Dems for this because they didnt approve massive cuts to vital programs.

Both parties are to blame IMHO.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by cps70 Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:52 pm

Remember the Repubs are doing what the Dems refused to do last year which mind you is one of there constitutinal duties and that's pass a budget.As the majority it was there responsibility not Obama even though he was the only Dem to even offer a budget which mind you isn't even his responsibility it was Nancy P. responsibility but being an election year the Dems refused to touch it so this is why I denounce both partys they are equally responsible for being derilic in there duties and should be removed.....One can hope can't they....lol

cps70

Back to top Go down

Post by rxfranimal Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:52 pm

The Dems blame the GOP, the GOP blames the Dems and Obama runs away. And what do we get???? HOSED!!

rxfranimal

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:07 pm

For Once in a long time I agree with Obama. The budget process is not a toll road.

I say both parties should stay 24/7 until something is hashed out. We need to move on to other issues instead of just BUDGET!!! H.R. 589 should be used like the last UI tax cut deals.

I for one..think the GOP likes this process...because they can blame everybody else and keep every other issue at bay due to not having the budget passed.

Lets get a bill passed that says when there is a stalemate like this nobdy goes home until IT GETS DONE!!!! & They have to eat nothing but government issued cheese and beans while there.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:16 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Im not surprised by this at all. Of course the GOP is going to blame the Dems for this because they didnt approve massive cuts to vital programs.

Both parties are to blame IMHO.

I hate to disagree with a fellow Admin, but I put most of the blame on the GOP. Ryan's budget cuts are outrageous. He is cutting everything from the middle-class, disabled, elderly and poor, yet proposing tax cuts for the rich for job creation. That hasn't worked so far, has it? Just the fact that the Heritage Foundation endorsed this budget stinks.

Back to top Go down

Post by rxfranimal Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:18 pm

I just emailed and faxed the Whitehouse asking that we (the unemployed & 99'ers) be part of any "negotiations". No deals should be made without that. I'd hate to see him leave us out again.

rxfranimal

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:22 pm

rxfranimal wrote:I just emailed and faxed the Whitehouse asking that we (the unemployed & 99'ers) be part of any "negotiations". No deals should be made without that. I'd hate to see him leave us out again.

Hey rxfranimal.....The White House will be sure to file your fax in their round filing bins.....LOL the GB can. I feel like they do not even bother with our comments anymore.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by rxfranimal Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:27 pm

I hear ya!

Sometimes I do it just to keep myself from going crazy.

rxfranimal

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:31 pm

Personally I am glad to see this. I am glad to see the white house stand up and stop giving in. If the republicans won't agree to compromise on cuts then they should let the them shut the government down.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:07 pm

I say shut down the government and then see how that plays out for both sides.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:24 pm

I think this is once again more than just school playground bullying. Who benefits from this? NO ONE, and neither party really seems to care. They are both too stuck up on partisanship and not whats best for the American citizens as a whole.

Meanwhile this will delay any and all progress that may of been made in regards to "job creation" and Hr 589.

Keep note of our new clock we have on the forum. Thus far 90 days with 0 job creation bills being brought forth by the GOP. Big OLE GOOSE EGG.

Not trying here to bash the GOP but come on now, they flat out lied in their campaigns as usual,l and so far those "Tax breaks" have yielded nothing in jobs or spur job growth..
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 05, 2011 8:31 pm

0 Job Legislation. Tax Breaks = Profits. GOP Leadership: White House Has Rejected Emergency One-Week Funding Measure  34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:04 am

Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum