Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

+13
helpnnc
americatheneedy
NCEB
demianhesse1
themidnightrider13
Dazed&Confused
gemini1girl
Chubz
bs1974
gettheminNOVEMBER
lizalphonso
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
17 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 Empty North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:16 pm

First topic message reminder :

I did a search and I couldn't find this posted anywhere so I made a new thread.

I went to print out some more work search forms today and I saw a notice on the Unemployment commission website saying that due to the decline in the unemployment rate that North Carolina no longer qualifies for extended benefits. The last week payable will be 4/16.

The unemployment rate went down from 9.8% to 9.7%. It has never been below 9.5% which I thought was the cut off rate. Something seems wrong here.

Does anyone else have any more information?

NC Democrats seek to pressure GOP on unemployment
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 Empty Re: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:42 pm

There is new news for this bill in North Carolina.

I just heard back from Tricia Cotham and she said she is a co-sponsor. There are now 4 co-sponsors, Cotham, Earle, Ross, and Wray.

The bill passed the first reading today.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits - Page 3 Empty Re: North Carolina Restores Extended Benefits

Post by gemini1girl Thu Apr 07, 2011 4:53 pm

Thank you for keeping us informed, it really means alot. If it continues to a vote, how long would that take?

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:03 pm

It could take a long time or it could be quick. If it has support enough to pass it will be quick. It has to got o committee after this reading. Then the committee decides how much it costs and if it gets sent to the floor. Then the speaker brings it up for a vote. If majority votes yes then it goes to the senate for a reading, then to committee (probably), then voted on.

It COULD happen in One or two days but we have to see if it does.

Also, remember when you write representatives to mention bill HR 676. Senate bill 676 is about banking. Another thing to remember is to contact state legislature, not the federal house. Some people above have mentioned contacting Hagan and Burr but they are on a national level and have nothing to do with this. It can't hurt but I am not sure how much they can do.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:11 pm

At first I did email Hagan, Goolsby and McIntyre. But the last few emails have been to the correct ones. I also do mention what the bill is and HR676.
I am keeping my fingers crossed.

I still don't understand why this wasn't a bigger deal on the news. Some of my former fellow co-workers didn't even realize this at first.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:35 pm

A lot of people don't know at all. I think that the news doesn't really understand the unemployment situation in general.

It went to the Job growth and commerce committee this afternoon.

I got this email back from Jeff Collins, a republican:

Haven’t seen this bill yet, as it hasn’t come before any of my committees, but I will pay attention to it now that you have pointed it out.

Thanks for the headsup!

Jeff
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:41 pm

well that is scary when our representatives don't even know what is going on. Thanks for keeping us update, it means alot.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:48 pm

Well, you have to understand that this is a new bill. It was only introduced today for all intents and purposes. The representatives don't spend too much time in the chamber. They have committee's and other things to be on.

It's almost 5 so I doubt much else we will be done today.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:52 pm

Thanks. Smile

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:44 pm

I got this back from Representative Larry Brown:

I do not know for sure if we can. I had heard it was not extended for NC. I will check. Larry

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:00 pm

I hope they can. But somehow I think since it has been dropping and even though it is still high, they think we don't need it anymore. If the money is there and already funded, I can't see the problem. I also believe the numbers will go up as we have the Coty Workers laid off and Wachovia Finance laying off 250 workers. We shall see, I am hoping.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:15 pm

Of course they can. Representative Brown has no idea what he is talking about. He is a republican so he doesn't want to know anything about the unemployed. Why can't he just say "if I can, I will"?
Thanks for hanging in there with me gemini1girl. Are the only people from North Carolina on this forum?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gemini1girl Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:32 pm

Thank you lendmeflight2 for the info and getting this going. I have been emailing my friends that are unemployed too telling them to be proactive. I am hopeful.

gemini1girl

Back to top Go down

Post by Chubz Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:26 pm

whats teh status on this as of now? I read that once you trigger off EB, you cant trigger back on for 13 weeks? That may only be for real off triggers. I'm not sure

Chubz

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Apr 08, 2011 6:42 pm

I have not heard that you can't trigger back on for 13 weeks. That would be devastating.

The bill was sent to the Job and commerce committee yesterday. If they think it is favorable (which I'm sure they will) it goes to finance. It probably won't get to finance until Monday now.

It now has 8 co-sponsors.

I emailed every single member of the state house yesterday. I got responses back from a few. The Democrats that wrote me back all got on board but the republicans didn't say anything either way. It should be able to come to a vote next week and if it passes we won't miss a check.

It would be great if we could get as many people as possible to write the house of representatives. I wrote each member individually yesterday.

Remember, don't write the senator or house members in Washington. Burr and Hagan have nothing to do with this. It has to be voted on at the state level.

Here's to hoping this passes.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by themidnightrider13 Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:21 pm

It should not shock anybody on the 16th, If you are like me you got the shock from your mailbox on the 7th. Thats when I received my letter from the NCESC telling me the plan expires on the 16th. I have been on unemployment since I was laid off In August of 09. Sounds like a long time, I know, and it has been. I've taken the oppurtunity to better myself as I have received three certificates to help me better my career. I have applied to hundreds of jobs over the last year and a half and nothing has come to fruition. It seems to me awful ingorant for the State to turn down the FED's assistance in this case. People are depending on these benefits to feed and house their families in this crisis. I still have four months remaining on my EB but will only receive two more weeks of assistance as of the 16th right now. I am 34, have a clean arrest record, clean drivers license and am drug free and have yet to find a decent job. Which makes me wonder how impossibly hard it is for someone who has made mistakes in the past to find a job in North Carolina's market right now. Turning down GOVT aide to citizens of your own state seems down right low to me. Thanx alot North Carolina. I think this Republican has finally seen the Democaratic light.

NCESC EB Benefits Expire 16th North Carolina extended benefits north carolina employment security commision unemployment set to expire on 16th

"above are just some tags to help direct people to this site if they google, alot of us had a hard time finding any info on the topic. Hopefully those tags will help. If u have already posted on the topic please edit your post and copy and paste the tags into your post to help search engines find this site."

Last edited by themidnightrider13 on Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:47 pm; edited 4 times in total

themidnightrider13

Back to top Go down

Post by Chubz Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:24 pm

I think, your state will get the fix done. it's in legislation and being fast tracked, or so it appears

Chubz

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sat Apr 09, 2011 1:39 pm

The latest info that I have is that the democrats seem to be on board 100% and the republicans ignore me or pretend they don't know what I'm talking about.

This should easily see a vote by next week. I am going to start working on the senate Monday. I have waited because they will probably just tell me that it's a house bill and that I have to wait.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Sat Apr 09, 2011 8:51 pm

Best of Luck to all in North Carolina, good work Lendme. I think it will pass. If it were not for the Republicans, this would be a shoe in. Once again good luck. We will be fighting this same good fight in PA shortly. D&C
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:21 pm

It really makes me upset hearing about all these stated now cutting back on UI benefits when the economy is not yielding jobs.
I cant help but feel like its an all out assault on the unemployed American. As if this was our fault as some would lead you to beleive.

Disgraceful is a word that comes to mind that I can use without tripping my own word censoring..
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:24 pm

moved this by the way to the new States EB news forum as Im sure we will be seeing more of this in the future..
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Apr 10, 2011 12:28 am

We all need to stay mobilized and fight in PA next. I feel like we are fighting the civil war or something. lol.

Maybe it is foreshadowing of times to come.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:56 am

It will be in Philadelphia if it don't get done.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:54 pm

bump
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:08 pm

Someone mentioned not being able to go back or waiting 13 weeks. Delaware's UR did not allow them Tier 4. There UR rate went back up and I believe they immediately could file for Tier 4. This whole thing is an F''n mess. Congress sincerely did not realize unemployment rates would go down, therefore the 2 year look back would not work so they offer states a 3 year look back, I don't believe that they didn't know for one second. I believe they will pass it and get everyone on it as soon as possible. After almost shutting down the government, I don't think anybody wants to look bad and the only ones this would reflect badly on is the Republicans...D&C
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:36 pm

Dazed, I think it was the opposite. I think that they thought that the unemployment rate would be down to a reasonable level, most people would be back to work, and it wouldn't matter by now. Due to failed policy or obstruction from the republicans, whichever anyone chooses to believe, it hasn't happened and now these 2 year look backs have become an issue. I can't figure out why these two year look backs were implemented in the first place. If the unemployment rate here is 10% it is 10% NOW. I don't care what it was 2 years ago.

The entire administration plan was that the unemployment rate would go down and it hasn't happened. I do believe that a lot more people are working than were a year ago. I am somewhere in the middle on that one. I honestly believe things are better somewhat. I see a lot more jobs to apply for. They are all low paying or part time but I didn't even have that a year ago. Extended benefits should have been based on the unemployment rate and nothing else. No look back, no tiers, just a straight look at the unemployment rate. The republicans would never have gone for that because they would be convinced that we would all just do this forever.

lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next