Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills

4 posters

Go down

Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills Empty Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 pm

So, it's an easy question. Do you have a tax refund coming or are you burdened with an income tax bill? Fortunately for me, like always, I ended up with an income tax refund. Ended up paying off a $50 loan that I borrowed from my mom to get my taxes done and for a pair of new pants that I needed.

The rest? Well, I purchased a few Blu-ray movies for myself and I have about $250 slipped away until I find out how much my new prescription eyewear is going to cost. Unfortunately, because my eyesight has been getting worse, and due to the high astigmatism in my eyes, I cannot wear contacts. Hopefully, Sears Optical has some decent stylish frames for their "2 Pair for $100" deal. I'm expecting the total bill to be, at least, $150. I'm hoping it's not going to be for more than that.

Back to top Go down

Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills Empty Re: Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills

Post by lendmeflight2 Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:02 pm

I had a refund this year because I had 10% taken out for taxes. However, I owe the IRS from past years so that is where my refund will go.

Strangely enough, after I my standard deduction and my exeemption I still paid $500 in taxes but my taxable income was only $5,000. How little do you have to make to be under the poverty level and not owe taxes?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills Empty Re: Income Tax Refunds or Income Tax Bills

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:05 pm

I am lucky to be getting a refund on my Federal Tax even though I had the 10% taken out of my UI checks each week. With the property tax deduction and the standard deduction, it brings your adjusted income lower. As for the State of Pennsylvania, they give you a break by not taxing your UI benefits, but don't give breaks on anything else. Flat tax rate of 3.07%. I actually had to pay a small amount on my interest income, which was peanuts, given the interest rates today.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:08 pm

Ouch, that hurts. I know that I only received about $4000 to $5000 in unemployment but I ended up getting back $382 from my Federal Returns.

Back to top Go down

Post by cousinsal Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:29 pm

Because I couldn't live on unemployment benefits last year, I didn't have them take out federal taxes. Therefore, I owe them $63! I can't believe it was so low. I also owe the state $127, but I always owe the state a little bit. I had unemployment take out the state taxes all year because I knew it would be a problem.

It's the first time in a long time I've had no big federal refund to catch up on bills, and it's the worst time for that to happen. I hate that they tax unemployment benefits - kick you when you're down. Last time I was unemployed years ago, I owed $1,300, so I'm lucky to only owe $63 this time.

cousinsal

Back to top Go down

Post by MoInSTL Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:40 pm

I got so little in UI each week I didn't have any taxes withheld. I am still in touch with my mother's best friend who owns an H&R Block company across the state from me. She has been kind enough to do my taxes every year for some time now. I will only owe the state $14.
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:44 pm

I've always had them take out a little more by claiming "0" on my tax forms. That way, I don't end up with any tax liability and I get everything back.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down