Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployment Extension problem EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployment Extension problem EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployment Extension problem EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployment Extension problem

2 posters

Go down

Unemployment Extension problem Empty Unemployment Extension problem

Post by phjohan Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:26 am

What, a problem. Not again. Somebody may have received a part time job such as short work. Afterwards, we file for unemployment insurance, however do not get the full weeks. OK - so there are extensions. Point being, federal extensions have an income requirement. That is, multiply your weekly benefit amount and the total must be greater than a specific number. Had an appeal and that is reality. No further benefits and future jobs are slim. Twisted Evil

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Unemployment Extension problem Empty Re: Unemployment Extension problem

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 29, 2011 1:49 am

Please elaborate more on this situation if you could. You will get better answers that way.

NO way to answer you based on that post. Were you already a 99er? Were you in between tiers etc.

More info is needed to help. As well as what state too.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:49 am

phjohan wrote:What, a problem. Not again. Somebody may have received a part time job such as short work. Afterwards, we file for unemployment insurance, however do not get the full weeks. OK - so there are extensions. Point being, federal extensions have an income requirement. That is, multiply your weekly benefit amount and the total must be greater than a specific number. Had an appeal and that is reality. No further benefits and future jobs are slim. Twisted Evil

Another member went through what you are describing and was kind enough to share information on how it was resolved. Here is the thread that may answer your question and hopefully, help you get your benefits reinstated. Good Luck!

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org/t656-part-time-penalty-bye-update

Back to top Go down

Post by phjohan Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:00 am

Well, I actually received 99 weeks. Following the 99 weeks, I received part time or 3 months work with the Census. After the work was complete, I was eligible for part time UI benefits and not the full 26 weeks. Afterwards, I presumed part-time extension benefits. However, since my weekly benefit amount was below a threshold, I did not qualify for extension benefits. The appeal judge stated that he could not do more since he just goes by numbers. Point being, there are two federal clauses, which can create further hardsips. confused

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Post by phjohan Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:08 am

Here are the specifics to the extension problem since I received the appeal response. BTW, a letter had been sent off via the whitehouse.gov website stating that the extension did not provide assistance to all who need assistance.

First, public law 110-252, section 4001(d)(2)(A) and section 4552(e)- does the claimant had sufficient wages in the base period of the parent claim to qualify for extended benefits. Translation: Did you make enough money during the year to qualify for emergency benefits. Not enough money is a problem.

Calculation: Is 40 times the weekly benefit less than earnings during the base period. Translation: Is your yearly income greater than 40 times the weekly benefits checks.

Point being: small part time jobs and difficulty of employment causes ineligible for benefits.

confused

phjohan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down