Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners - The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations

5 posters

Go down

The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   Empty The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners - The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations

Post by Guest Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:10 pm

Of course, the one issue missing from the public debate is that employers have benefited mightily from the fruits of workers' labor in the last couple of decades. According to the EPI study, productivity among American workers grew by 62.5% in the 20 years ending in 2010. Increased productivity benefits companies by reducing their need to hire and train more workers, among other savings.
thumbs down
See full article from DailyFinance: http://srph.it/hHJiuZ

Back to top Go down

The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   Empty Re: The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners - The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations

Post by mistermunster Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:19 pm

WAGE SLAVERY, nothing more. They GET rich on the backs of OUR toil, only to discard us at THEIR whim. Is this FAIRNESS???I don't think so.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   Empty Re: The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners - The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations

Post by soupbone Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:12 pm

Mister Munster, I have been a union member for 31 years. My grandfather fought scabs on the waterfront in SF forming a union. you won't find anyone who is more pro workingman/woman than me. People need to realize that we have 2 choices. work for ourselves or for someone else. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to scream because I make the same money as those who do less. However I stay because my job is the best I can do. That's my fault not the companys. Of course they get rich off of our labor. We get jobs out of their desire to get rich. They take the risk, borrow the money and create services and products. If they fail they lose and we just walk away. My company doesn't owe me anything and if i don't like it i can go somewhere else. I don't have any where else to go because i never learned anything else. My fault.

soupbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Nuwanda Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:03 pm

soupbone wrote:Mister Munster, I have been a union member for 31 years. My grandfather fought scabs on the waterfront in SF forming a union. you won't find anyone who is more pro workingman/woman than me. People need to realize that we have 2 choices. work for ourselves or for someone else. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to scream because I make the same money as those who do less. However I stay because my job is the best I can do. That's my fault not the companys. Of course they get rich off of our labor. We get jobs out of their desire to get rich. They take the risk, borrow the money and create services and products. If they fail they lose and we just walk away. My company doesn't owe me anything and if i don't like it i can go somewhere else. I don't have any where else to go because i never learned anything else. My fault.

Soupbone. I have to say that Im a bit perplexed by your post here. At 1st glance it seem you are blaming the unemployed for being out of work???
You also seem to feel so confident that you could just up and find another job.

If thats the case, let one of us know when you are planning to and we will gladly take your job, and also like to see how long it takes you to find another one.

Of course it may not take you as long as you are a fresh soldier..

Dont make it sound like its the unemployed folks fault for not finding work. Do you deny out sourcing? DO you deny that 15 million jobs have been lost in last few years? DO you deny only 1 jobs per 5 people looking?

DO some research and homework before you make claims like "Its my fault etc for not getting trained.

YOU have a job so you posting those comments are just strange...

YOU are lucky to have a job right now and dont forget that. We have ALL worked all our lives and never had an issue finding a job.

To be honest with you, your story sounds very familiar from what Ive seen on other Unemployment sites from members who like to fudge! with the unemployed.
Nuwanda
Nuwanda

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:09 pm

soupbone wrote:Mister Munster, I have been a union member for 31 years. My grandfather fought scabs on the waterfront in SF forming a union. you won't find anyone who is more pro workingman/woman than me. People need to realize that we have 2 choices. work for ourselves or for someone else. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to scream because I make the same money as those who do less. However I stay because my job is the best I can do. That's my fault not the companys. Of course they get rich off of our labor. We get jobs out of their desire to get rich. They take the risk, borrow the money and create services and products. If they fail they lose and we just walk away. My company doesn't owe me anything and if i don't like it i can go somewhere else. I don't have any where else to go because i never learned anything else. My fault.

1 POST....Could it BE.....NAW, MAYBE???? Just might....a corportists rightwing apoligists for the MAN. NAW it's "NOT the COMPANIES FAULT" It the EMPLOYEES FAULT" isn't it, always is in some folks minds who can't accept the truth. They rather act like abused spouses and ACCEPT their fate because it's their fault. Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by mistermunster on Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:12 pm

Munster check your Pm's please?
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Mon Mar 21, 2011 11:40 pm

Nuwanda wrote:
YOU are lucky to have a job right now and dont forget that. We have ALL worked all our lives and never had an issue finding a job.

To be honest with you, your story sounds very familiar from what Ive seen on other Unemployment sites from members who like to fudge! with the unemployed.

Guys a plant, has to be. Work regular for 28 years with NO trouble finding a job with a decent wage and bennies. NOW "BOOM" nadda, nothing except peasant part time work for crumbs.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Tue Mar 22, 2011 6:40 pm

What a bunch of capitalist spew!
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:42 pm

americatheneedy wrote:What a bunch of capitalist spew!

I assume your talking about Soupy?
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:49 pm

OH YEA, Munster, sorry I agree with you!! It's our fault for not keeping up with what dirty tricks the corps. will come up with next? You can train all day for 10 years and just as soon as they find someone overseas to do it for a penny less it doesn't matter one bit! Mad

Last edited by americatheneedy on Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:52 pm

americatheneedy wrote:OH YEA munster sorry I agree with you!!
The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   468390 The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   468390 The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   468390 The Sorry State of America's Wage Earners -  The Only Real Winners: the Wealthy and the Corporations   550579
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by soupbone Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:26 pm

Mr Munster, I think I did a poor job in trying to convey my point. I'm not a plant and I'm not a right wing conservative nut job. I am on the average guys side.I'm not saying your not deserving of a job or your not trying your best to get one. So let me try again and if I offended you or anyone else I'm sorry. I would never kick anyone let alone when they are struggling. I read a comment how corps use us etc and the general theme on here that corps and companies basically suck. So let me try again. I was on strike 4 years ago for 6 weeks. I started at my company ( I'm a garbageman) when I was 20. I make good money driving a truck not because I'm good at it but because I got hired as a union driver. That strike was the first time I ever had to confront the loss of my job and knowing I could never find another with that kind of pay and bennies terrified me to no end. Couldn't sleep or eat etc. I realized that I was totally at my companies mercy. I never learned or tried to learn anything else. Never went to college and spent all my money on crap and fun. My company is not evil. They exist to make money and could care less about my life and they shouldn,t have to. So my point is it's up to me to take care of me and if I'm going to rely on someone elses business to support me then I have to accept the fact that that i'm dependant on them by choice. It doesn't do anyone any good to blame companies for wanting to make money first and foremost. to be angry at companies because they don't hire only hurts the person who is angry. once again I'm sorry if I came across as an uncaring right wing plant and wish you success in your job hunting.

soupbone

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down