Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

+19
Nuwanda
MoInSTL
HelpNow
lizalphonso
Judi58
Redpossum
TomW
NY Lady
Carol in CA
Sunrise
TR11005
mrmarti
mistermunster
chopthis91
Woof
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
23 posters

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 Empty Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is an actual report, and it a separate topic than the political topic in the "Politics" forum.

I've heard back from one of the members on my website who lives in Tokyo, Japan and he's reporting that Tokyo is doing fine. They didn't suffer any real damage. Apparently, the real damage from the Earthquake took place in Sendai. The deaths were a result of the tsunami that hit Japan as a result of the Earthquake and that the deaths were not caused by the Earthquake itself.

Do NOT post about the unemployment issue in this topic. There already exists a topic for that issue in the Politics forum.

Please only post your condolences, support and prayers for the Japanese people.

UPDATE: Rather than continuously updating the topic title, it has edited one last time to reflect everything involving the earthquake and tsunami.

Last edited by kemcha on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 am; edited 10 times in total

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 Empty Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by chopthis91 Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:57 pm

@janeWI...the theory that the melting of the ice caps is very troubling if you think about it. The possibility that increased water pressure on the plates at the bottom of the ocean(s) is alarming and if it's true then we can look for more of these type of quakes to occur worldwide. The quake in Haiti was NOT connected to any of the others because it lies on an entirely different plate.
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 Empty Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:16 pm

chopthis91 wrote:@janeWI...the theory that the melting of the ice caps is very troubling if you think about it. The possibility that increased water pressure on the plates at the bottom of the ocean(s) is alarming and if it's true then we can look for more of these type of quakes to occur worldwide. The quake in Haiti was NOT connected to any of the others because it lies on an entirely different plate.

That sounds like a good theory. Please forgive me if this has already been posted in this thread. I can't even imagine an island moving 8 feet.

Quake moved Japan coast 8 feet, shifted Earth's axis

"The powerful earthquake that unleashed a devastating tsunami Friday appears to have moved the main island of Japan by 8 feet (2.4 meters) and shifted the Earth on its axis."

http://articles.cnn.com/2011-03-12/world/japan.earthquake.tsunami.earth_1_tsunami-usgs-geophysicist-quake?_s=PM:WORLD

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:16 pm

Actually, I think California will be next. They've been talking about California having the "big one" for the longest time now and it's just a matter of time. It's going to cause California to break off from the rest of the continent.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:28 pm

Japan quake was upgraded to a 9.0..
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:29 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Japan quake was upgraded to a 9.0..

I believe the worst one in history was 9.2. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:35 pm

6.4 quake SW of Tokyo earlier...Near a volcano..That's the last thing the need is a volcanic eruption...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:42 pm

Japan quake live blog: Crew abandons control room at nuclear plant

[1:29 p.m. ET Tuesday, 2:29 a.m. Wednesday in Tokyo] The beleagured crew at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant had to abandon the control room Tuesday night because of high radiation levels, Kyodo News reported, citing plant owner Tokyo Electric Power Company. They were monitoring data from a remote site, Kyodo reported.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/15/japan-quake-live-blog-fire-erupts-in-fourth-reactor-radiation-warning-issued/?hpt=T1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:43 pm

JaneWI wrote:
Japan quake live blog: Crew abandons control room at nuclear plant

[1:29 p.m. ET Tuesday, 2:29 a.m. Wednesday in Tokyo] The beleagured crew at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant had to abandon the control room Tuesday night because of high radiation levels, Kyodo News reported, citing plant owner Tokyo Electric Power Company. They were monitoring data from a remote site, Kyodo reported.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/15/japan-quake-live-blog-fire-erupts-in-fourth-reactor-radiation-warning-issued/?hpt=T1

US Navy is moving their ships out of the area right now. No link yet, just saw it on the news.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:44 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:US Navy is moving their ships out of the area right now. No link yet, just saw it on the news.

Thank you for the information. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:45 pm

This keeps getting worse and worse..I cant even imagine how much anxiety the Japanese folks have right now.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TomW Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:52 pm

Just as a follow-up to the email message that I posted yesterday from my cousin in Sendai, below is a short email from him that I just received. They have decided to temporarily flee Sendai for safer ground due to the continuing problems with the nuclear power plants:

"We have decided to get out of Sendai, and are going to leave in a few hours from now to drive to Kyoko's family home in Kyoto. We are concerned about the major nuclear reactor problems in Fukushima, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) to our south. If there is a real melt-down and a major explosion we are not far enough away. Kyoto, though, should be very safe. I will be taking a laptop computer with me, so hopefully we'll have computer accessibility after we get to Kyoto.

We don't know how long the drive will take us. We are going to go through Yamagata Prefecture, then Akita Prefecture and drive down to Kyoto from there. A best case scenario, if expressways are open after Niigata, is a 12-15 hour drive. If we have to take surface streets, it could be easily more than 24 hours.

After we get settled in Kyoto we will try to contact you all again.

Thanks for all your concern and prayers.

Love,

Marty and family"
TomW
TomW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:54 pm

TomW wrote:Just as a follow-up to the email message that I posted yesterday from my cousin in Sendai, below is a short email from him that I just received. They have decided to temporarily flee Sendai for safer ground due to the continuing problems with the nuclear power plants:

"We have decided to get out of Sendai, and are going to leave in a few hours from now to drive to Kyoko's family home in Kyoto. We are concerned about the major nuclear reactor problems in Fukushima, about 60 miles (100 kilometers) to our south. If there is a real melt-down and a major explosion we are not far enough away. Kyoto, though, should be very safe. I will be taking a laptop computer with me, so hopefully we'll have computer accessibility after we get to Kyoto.

We don't know how long the drive will take us. We are going to go through Yamagata Prefecture, then Akita Prefecture and drive down to Kyoto from there. A best case scenario, if expressways are open after Niigata, is a 12-15 hour drive. If we have to take surface streets, it could be easily more than 24 hours.

Love,

Marty and family"

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 8 168630 Your family is in my prayers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:55 pm

TomW wrote:Just as a follow-up to the email message that I posted yesterday from my cousin in Sendai, below is a short email from him that I just received. They have decided to temporarily flee Sendai for safer ground due to the continuing problems with the nuclear power plants:

Love,

Marty and family"

Thank you for the update. Continued prayers being sent. Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks for the Update Tom. I pray they are safe. Praying
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:58 pm

Praying for a safe voyage. I wouldnt want to be anywhere near the reactors..I think we will see a full meltdown of all 4 of them...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:59 pm

Good move on their part Tom. Very glad to hear they are able to do this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:00 pm

Air traffic is now being re-routed away from Japan. US Aid workers have been exposed.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110315/ap_on_re_us/us_us_japan

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:04 pm

It said they were prepared to re route traffic if it worsens.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:06 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:It said they were prepared to re route traffic if it worsens.

Japanese civil aviation authority "has established flight restrictions keeping civil aviation flights away from the Fukushima facility" and said U.S. airlines have indicated they are complying with the new rules.[b] Razz

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:10 pm

"There is no credible information available at this point indicating the
need for further restrictions," Brown said in a statement Tuesday,
adding that if the situation worsens the FAA is prepared reroute air
traffic or take other measures." Wink
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by TomW Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Thanks to you all for your good wishes -- I'm confident that they will make it through this okay.
TomW
TomW

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:11 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:"There is no credible information available at this point indicating the
need for further restrictions," Brown said in a statement Tuesday,
adding that if the situation worsens the FAA is prepared reroute air
traffic or take other measures." Wink

But there are restrictions in place right now. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:18 pm

Keep praying. According to msnbc and cnn, they have airspace restrictions in place right now. They are replaying a news release that authorities are requesting all people seal themselves in their homes and offices. 12 mile evacuation. Prayers for Japan.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Actually, they have instituted a no-fly zone because radiation is leaking directly into the air and it's proving to be a dangerous situation. They're even having to deal with an active volcano which was set off after the earthquake and tsunami hit.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next