Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
May 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

+19
Nuwanda
MoInSTL
HelpNow
lizalphonso
Judi58
Redpossum
TomW
NY Lady
Carol in CA
Sunrise
TR11005
mrmarti
mistermunster
chopthis91
Woof
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
23 posters

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 Empty Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is an actual report, and it a separate topic than the political topic in the "Politics" forum.

I've heard back from one of the members on my website who lives in Tokyo, Japan and he's reporting that Tokyo is doing fine. They didn't suffer any real damage. Apparently, the real damage from the Earthquake took place in Sendai. The deaths were a result of the tsunami that hit Japan as a result of the Earthquake and that the deaths were not caused by the Earthquake itself.

Do NOT post about the unemployment issue in this topic. There already exists a topic for that issue in the Politics forum.

Please only post your condolences, support and prayers for the Japanese people.

UPDATE: Rather than continuously updating the topic title, it has edited one last time to reflect everything involving the earthquake and tsunami.

Last edited by kemcha on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 am; edited 10 times in total

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 Empty Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:29 pm

A volcanic eruption would be unbelievable..
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 Empty Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:03 pm

Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:59 pm

The Nuke Techs that stayed behind might have been exposed to a lethal amount of radiation Sad 70 out of 800 stayed behind.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:00 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:The Nuke Techs that stayed behind might have been exposed to a lethal amount of radiation Sad 70 out of 800 stayed behind.

They are true heroes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Praying Sad No words can express my sorrow for them and their loved ones.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:41 pm

Keeping good thoughts for all of them and praying. It seems that the news keeps getting worse.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:02 pm

MaryKay wrote:Keeping good thoughts for all of them and praying. It seems that the news keeps getting worse.

X2

Back to top Go down

Post by guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:15 am

@TomW, thoughts and prayers for the safety of your family. Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:33 am

The United States has 104 reactors and most of them are past their original design time period to opperate.

They now want to re-sign them for another 20 years and run them at 120% affraid

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:43 am; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:34 am

msnbc is reporting that they pulled the workers due to high levels of radiation. Prayers for all.

Oh sorry, now they are reporting they are allowing some back. One is apparently missing.

God Bless these poor people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:30 pm

My thoughts are with the Japanese people.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:31 pm

kemcha wrote:My thoughts are with the Japanese people.

X2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:33 pm

Since I am starting work soon I am sending 20 bucks to the redcross. I wish I could do more. Sad
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Redpossum Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:11 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Since I am starting work soon I am sending 20 bucks to the redcross. I wish I could do more. Sad

Save the $20 for yourself, or send it to a 99er here in the USA.

What you're not being told is just how bad this nuclear contamination is. Forty years worth of spent fuel rods are going up in flames, spewing radioactive trash into the atmosphere. This is going to make Chernobyl look like a Sunday school picnic, and millions of Americans are going to wind up sick or dead because of it.

Redpossum

http://possumhole.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 3:44 pm

Redpossum ... what kind of remark is that? If I had the extra money, I'd send a donation to the Japanese Red Cross.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Mar 16, 2011 4:04 pm

Redpossum wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Since I am starting work soon I am sending 20 bucks to the redcross. I wish I could do more. Sad

Save the $20 for yourself, or send it to a 99er here in the USA.

What you're not being told is just how bad this nuclear contamination is. Forty years worth of spent fuel rods are going up in flames, spewing radioactive trash into the atmosphere. This is going to make Chernobyl look like a Sunday school picnic, and millions of Americans are going to wind up sick or dead because of it.

I take 20 dollars every month and buy food with my food stamps and donate to my local food pantry.

Two times a year I do a blanket drive for my local animal shelter. Giving feels good, I suggest everyone try it in some way. Very Happy
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Judi58 Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:58 pm

Japan is not a third world country.... they need our help with technology like the Nuclear problem... not money. We have US bases in Japan they are helping.
we the (US) will feel this in the cost of most electronics going up in cost and cars..
Honda Toyota... then TV Sony Panasonic just to name a few.. semiconductors are mostly produced in Japan.. the final assy may be China but MOST of the components come from Japan.. That will in turn hurt you and me.. the unemployment will go up yet again.. The new Ipad has been put on hold with no new release date ... things we just dont think about..(not that I was going to buy one) but less product in stores means lay offs... I feel for the people of Japan I have many many friends there and have been trying to reach them . But the economic structure is the part that will take a while to rebuild.. again why the market is taking a hit..
I do care and feel for the Japanese losing everything BUT unlike the US they will take care of their own it is their way. Proud people remember they take care of their parents and grandparents it is the Japanese way
I know just my opinion.....
Judi58
Judi58

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:11 pm

Ongoing prayers for the Japanese people. They are in need of all our prayers.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:13 pm

Judi is quite correct. Japan is a developed industrial nation, like the United States. For a list of Third World Countries, check out the following list:

http://www.nationsonline.org/oneworld/third_world.htm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:34 pm

getthem, what a lovely person you are. I am glad that giving feels good. So many who need will appreciate your generosity.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:38 pm

Still reporting that the Radiation problem is Extremely high and worsening. US officials have pushed back the fallout zone to 80 miles for American citizens.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:08 pm

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Supporting-Japan-%E6%97%A5%E6%9C%AC%E3%82%92%E6%94%AF%E6%8F%B4%E3%81%99%E3%82%8B/173694222679052?sk=wall

Here is a group that is starting to help Japan. Even if you can just share it out it will help.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:11 am

Scientists Project Path of Radiation Plume

A United Nations forecast of the possible movement of the radioactive plume coming from crippled Japanese reactors shows it churning across the Pacific and touching the Aleutian Islands on Thursday before hitting Southern California late Friday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/17/science/17plume.html?_r=1

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:27 am

Wow, 15 pages and a 24 hour news cycle and some people still don't really get it. Japan is devastated, ruined. This is Hiroshima type of devastation. Not in a Nuclear way but in real damage it is. This will get worse before it gets better. The Japanese DO need our help. For God's sake Afghanistan offered aid, I think we can help out as well. Maybe we could take one day and not worry about our 14 weeks and do whatever we can to help these devastated people.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:30 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:Wow, 15 pages and a 24 hour news cycle and some people still don't really get it. Japan is devastated, ruined. This is Hiroshima type of devastation. Not in a Nuclear way but in real damage it is. This will get worse before it gets better. The Japanese DO need our help. For God's sake Afghanistan offered aid, I think we can help out as well. Maybe we could take one day and not worry about our 14 weeks and do whatever we can to help these devastated people.

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 9 938557

Thankyou marykay for the nice words too.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next