Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts

4 posters

Go down

Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts Empty Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:40 pm

Looks like the U.S. Economy could end up taking another hit. Apparently, MSNBC.com is reporting that Japanese investors may end up withdrawing their investments from the U.S. economy and bring their money home to help finance reconstruction in Japan.

The article goes on to say that such a tremendous withdrawal of financial resources could have a severe impact on the stock market as well as devalue the U.S. dollar.

Source: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/42061784/ns/business-world_business/

Back to top Go down

Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts Empty Re: Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:53 pm

Mr. President better tell the Corporations Hoarding the cash to START SPENDING!

WOW Wait Till the markets open on Monday. This is a game changer in the GOP plans.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts Empty Re: Japan's Investors to Abandon U.S. Economy for Earthquake & Tsunami Reconstruction Efforts

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:54 pm

I'm not surprised nor do I blame them. There country and people are more important than investing in our economy etc right now. I would be upset if they didnt really.

Can we say American investors would do the same??? scratch
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:56 pm

This is what has always been so inspiring about the Japanese people. It's unfortunate that U.S. businesses and corporations don't feel that same way about their country, the United States.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:04 pm

When was the last time the states were ever united? If ever??
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:20 pm

Amen.

Our country has always lived by the motto: One Nation Divided

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:44 pm

There was one time America was united in their efforts that I remember and that was the 911 New York terrorist attack. Everyone was pitching in and donating time, supplies and money. I was never more proud to be an American.

I wish we would be like that again now and make our country great again.
Kathy
Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:47 pm

I think what we're going to see is Wall Street dropping about 1,000 points this coming week. Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:00 pm

We are screwed but the riches will really GET screwed with their self made house of cards. The Prez NEEDS to CALL OUT "ALL" the companies to COME HOME and INVEST...OR ELSE.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Kathy Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:06 pm

This may not sound nice but I hope Wall street crashes and burns. That is the only way the government and the super wealthy are going to finally get that this country is in real trouble. Money seems to be the only thing that matters to them.
Kathy
Kathy

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:00 pm

The Japanese have been the biggest financial contributors to our economy since the end of World War II. With this disaster, that is about to end. Even oil prices won't be enough to offset the losses of Japanese investors pulling back.

We're about to sink deeper into debt because I can almost guarantee that this will result in thousands of more job losses as businesses, corporations and retailers on main street start laying off employees.

The same thing happened back in 2007 and 2008 when the stock market crashed over those junk bonds and the mortgage market.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:06 pm

Kathy,

I feel the same way, I hope it crashes and burns.... From what I've read we are on and precipice of an economic collapse anyways.

Think about it and it makes sense to me; no jobs, unemployment high, gas high, food going higher, clothing going higher, homelessness rampant, people on food stamps all time high. We are in the cross hairs of the perfect storm.

didn't factor in the problems over seas....

Kathy wrote:This may not sound nice but I hope Wall street crashes and burns. That is the only way the government and the super wealthy are going to finally get that this country is in real trouble. Money seems to be the only thing that matters to them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:12 pm

While I hate to say it, I really do hope the financial markets crash and burn. Republicans would have no choice but to pass comprehensive unemployment benefits and then you'd see our debt spiral to $20 trillion.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down