Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

+19
Nuwanda
MoInSTL
HelpNow
lizalphonso
Judi58
Redpossum
TomW
NY Lady
Carol in CA
Sunrise
TR11005
mrmarti
mistermunster
chopthis91
Woof
gettheminNOVEMBER
Jobless_in_Ma
lendmeflight2
23 posters

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 Empty Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is an actual report, and it a separate topic than the political topic in the "Politics" forum.

I've heard back from one of the members on my website who lives in Tokyo, Japan and he's reporting that Tokyo is doing fine. They didn't suffer any real damage. Apparently, the real damage from the Earthquake took place in Sendai. The deaths were a result of the tsunami that hit Japan as a result of the Earthquake and that the deaths were not caused by the Earthquake itself.

Do NOT post about the unemployment issue in this topic. There already exists a topic for that issue in the Politics forum.

Please only post your condolences, support and prayers for the Japanese people.

UPDATE: Rather than continuously updating the topic title, it has edited one last time to reflect everything involving the earthquake and tsunami.

Last edited by kemcha on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 am; edited 10 times in total

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 Empty Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:10 pm

Ongoing prayers and good thoughts for these poor people.

Back to top Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 Empty Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:12 pm

Video of the power plant blast from MSNBC:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21134540/vp/42045714#42045714

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:21 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:Video of the power plant blast from MSNBC:

The Japanese government is covering up the real damage. They keep saying it over and over again on TV. Sad
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:25 pm

BP did the same thing with the Gulf Oil Spill and the dispersant they used to clean it up.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:29 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:BP did the same thing with the Gulf Oil Spill and the dispersant they used to clean it up.

Soon there won't be a safe place to live on this planet. Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings. - Page 3 681285
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:45 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

The Japanese government is covering up the real damage. They keep saying it over and over again on TV. Sad

Our government keeps covering up most of the problems we face. If an asteroid was heading straight for us (100% proof) do you really think that our government (or any government for that matter) would tell us immediately, wait until the last moment, or not tell us at all? I don't think they would tell us at all. Why? MASS HYSTERIA. Just a thought...
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:50 pm

chopthis91 wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:

Our government keeps covering up most of the problems we face. If an asteroid was heading straight for us (100% proof) do you really think that our government (or any government for that matter) would tell us immediately, wait until the last moment, or not tell us at all? I don't think they would tell us at all. Why? MASS HYSTERIA. Just a thought...

At least that would be quick. Getting cancer and having kids with defects is a lifetime of pain and suffering. It like 9/11 cleanup, workers need to know the truth.
Trust me I don't expect it at all. Funny how mass death of fish and birds does not surprise me anymore.

Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:52 pm

They always cite "national security" like the people wouldn't know how to act ... it's because the government has an obsessions with controlling information.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:51 pm

[8:30 a.m. ET, 10:30 p.m. Tokyo] Japanese authorities are making plans to distribute stable iodine, a treatment to prevent radiation poisoning, to residents near two damaged nuclear plants, the International Atomic Energy Agency says.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2011/03/12/japan-earthquake-live-blog-death-toll-rises-amid-widespread-destruction/

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:43 pm

This just keeps getting worse and worse. I feel for those people.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:08 pm

Japan ministers ignored safety warnings over nuclear reactors

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/12/japan-ministers-ignored-warnings-nuclear

Isn't that just like Governments and Corporate Powers.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Sat Mar 12, 2011 5:12 pm

mistermunster wrote:Japan ministers ignored safety warnings over nuclear reactors

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2011/mar/12/japan-ministers-ignored-warnings-nuclear

Isn't that just like Governments and Corporate Powers.

This is no surprise. They feed their people poison meat too. Watch the movie "The Cove"

We are slowly killing ourselves with all the Natural Gas drilling here. No Regulations at all on the drilling.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Im hearing now on CCC that Japan is announcing that one of the nuclear reactors is in a meltdown stage!!

Not good!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:23 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:Im hearing now on CCC that Japan is announcing that one of the nuclear reactors is in a meltdown stage!!

Not good!

This can't be good at all.

Official: 'We see the possibility of a meltdown'
http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.quake.nuclear.failure/index.html?hpt=T1&iref=BN1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:25 pm

Concern about food, fuel shortages in wake of Japan disasters

http://www.cnn.com/2011/WORLD/asiapcf/03/12/japan.quake.scene/index.html?hpt=T1

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:26 pm

*Moderated*

Back to top Go down

Post by chopthis91 Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:52 pm

NBC Nightly news reported just now that there are 3 reactors in trouble and 1 in particular could be headed for meltdown soon. They are using sea water to try and keep the reactors cool. There are 7 stages in a meltdown situation and according to an expert in Washington that one reactor and maybe all 3 are a level 5. Level 6 would be as bad as Three Mile Island and level 7 Chernobyl.

Last edited by chopthis91 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:55 pm

OMG...We all need to pray that this doesnt get any worse! Praying

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:56 pm

There are conflicting reports. The japanese ambassador to the US us denying these reports. Why would they cover this up, there a many lives in danger.
When I saw they expanded the evacuation zone and were using sea water to cool I knew this was not a good sign.

Sea water is NOT going to cool a nuclear reactor enough.

This keeps getting worse as the hrs go by.. There are still massive after shocks going on as well...
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:01 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:There are conflicting reports. The japanese ambassador to the US us denying these reports. Why would they cover this up, there a many lives in danger.
When I saw they expanded the evacuation zone and were using sea water to cool I knew this was not a good sign.

Sea water is NOT going to cool a nuclear reactor enough.

This keeps getting worse as the hrs go by.. There are still massive after shocks going on as well...

Have there been any more earthquakes? I know about the initial one, then there was a 6.6 one.

The thought of a nuclear reactor melting down is pretty scary. There can be some pretty serious after effects that last for years.

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:03 pm

There have been some 50+ after shocks of high magnitude.

The 1st earthquake was a 7.2 followed by the MONSTER 8.9 quake.

Since then many aftershocks of 5-6+ magnitude.

As far as a melt down, certain radioactive isotopes remain active for hundreds of years.

Chernobyl has never been the same and its 25 yrs now since then. affraid
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:05 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:There have been some 50+ after shocks of high magnitude.

Thank you for replying. Smile
I need to catch up on what's happening in Japan and what happened/is happening with the tsunami.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:09 pm

Let me state this . I care about human life and all mankind.
However, I care more about the United States.

I care less about Japan, China, etc and I am sure they give less than a
hoot about us. Here we go again trying to be the savior of the world when we dont even take care of our own. (Remember Katrina)? How about the Unemployed. Is it Politically correct to say this? Probably not but it is a fact.

We are so hypocritical!

Back to top Go down

Post by mrmarti Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:14 pm

JaneWI wrote:
Jobless_in_Ma wrote:There have been some 50+ after shocks of high magnitude.

Thank you for replying. Smile
I need to catch up on what's happening in Japan and what happened/is happening with the tsunami.

This is a website that tracks all earthquake activity worldwide. Take a look at it and be astonished at the amount of earthquakes (and aftershocks) that Japan has experienced Before and after the 8.9 quake.

http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recenteqsww/Quakes/quakes_all.php
mrmarti
mrmarti

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Sat Mar 12, 2011 9:14 pm

rgreen001 wrote:Let me state this . I care about human life and all mankind.
However, I care more about the United States.

I care less about Japan, China, etc and I am sure they give less than a
hoot about us. Here we go again trying to be the savior of the world when we dont even take care of our own. (Remember Katrina)? How about the Unemployed. Is it Politically correct to say this? Probably not but it is a fact.

We are so hypocritical!

Listen, THIS does concern the US. If there is a meltdown, radiation gets into the AIR in the Pacific stream and that CRAP hits OUR west coast. You want that????
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10, 11, 12  Next