Latest topics
» I see this board has been quiet
Tue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Wed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:01 pm by member

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Fri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Mon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Mon Oct 06, 2014 6:33 am by 

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Fri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Mon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

» things are going to get worst
Sun Sep 21, 2014 7:51 pm by 

Social Networks
September 2016
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
    123
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Calendar Calendar


Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest on Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:41 pm

First topic message reminder :

This is an actual report, and it a separate topic than the political topic in the "Politics" forum.

I've heard back from one of the members on my website who lives in Tokyo, Japan and he's reporting that Tokyo is doing fine. They didn't suffer any real damage. Apparently, the real damage from the Earthquake took place in Sendai. The deaths were a result of the tsunami that hit Japan as a result of the Earthquake and that the deaths were not caused by the Earthquake itself.

Do NOT post about the unemployment issue in this topic. There already exists a topic for that issue in the Politics forum.

Please only post your condolences, support and prayers for the Japanese people.

UPDATE: Rather than continuously updating the topic title, it has edited one last time to reflect everything involving the earthquake and tsunami.


Last edited by kemcha on Tue Mar 15, 2011 3:17 am; edited 10 times in total

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down


Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by lendmeflight2 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:41 am

Thanks for the back up getthem, I expected to be flamed for giving my opinion. The "I don't care about them, what about me" attitude is what got us into this mess. Americans are a selfish bunch. How can we expect to receive help when we don't want to help others? Like attracts like. I try to do everything I can to make the world a better place and, for the first time since I lost my job, I might actually see a way out of my situation. For the record it doesn't involve added weeks either.

lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:04 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:Wow, 15 pages and a 24 hour news cycle and some people still don't really get it. Japan is devastated, ruined. This is Hiroshima type of devastation. Not in a Nuclear way but in real damage it is. This will get worse before it gets better. The Japanese DO need our help. For God's sake Afghanistan offered aid, I think we can help out as well. Maybe we could take one day and not worry about our 14 weeks and do whatever we can to help these devastated people.

They definitely deserve help from every country around the world. When you put things in perspective, the issues we are facing are diminished compared to their crisis. Their lives will never be the same, at least in our lifetime.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:29 am

U.S. State Department bringing chartered aircraft to Tokyo to help Americans exit Japan - Reuters

http://www.breakingnews.com/seed/ahBicmVha2luZ25ld3Mtd3d3cg0LEgRTZWVkGKvU6AIM/2011/03/17/us-state-department-bringing-chartered-aircraft-to-tokyo-to-help-americans-exit-japan-reuters

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:40 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:Thanks for the back up getthem, I expected to be flamed for giving my opinion. The "I don't care about them, what about me" attitude is what got us into this mess. Americans are a selfish bunch. How can we expect to receive help when we don't want to help others? Like attracts like. I try to do everything I can to make the world a better place and, for the first time since I lost my job, I might actually see a way out of my situation. For the record it doesn't involve added weeks either.

These are the times I wish I was a rich man and could make a difference. I would assemble teams of construction crews and all the supplies I could gather.

If things get any worse it gonna happen fast.

One thing that might help is giving blood. Not sure if they need it but I would think about it and find out.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by lizalphonso on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:57 am

kemcha wrote:I hate to admit but Americans are a greedy sort. Look what has happened every time Tiers 1-4 were extended, the unemployed simply abandon the rest of the unemployed online community until they see their benefits about to run out and then they panic.

Hate to say it but they seem to act like "me, me, me" and then when they got their benefits, the Tiers 1-4 folks seem to up and disappear as soon as they have their safety net. While this may sound detrimental, it's the truth.

Maybe if those who are on Tier 1-4 would be out here advocating along with the rest of us then maybe we could have gotten this bill just a little bit further.

Are you blaming the unemployed because the bill has not passed?

Is this statement based on facts or statistics that you can provide or just an opinion?

I know a lot of people still on the tiers that send emails and fax and that statement is unfair and insulting to them.

I know a lot of people who are employed that write emails to try to help too.

I know a couple of 99ers who do nothing to try to help the cause.

Why would you make a statement like that, it will not endear the unemployed who are still on the tiers to help you.

lizalphonso
Member

Posts : 35
Join date : 2011-03-16

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by HelpNow on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:06 am

lizalphonso wrote:
kemcha wrote:I hate to admit but Americans are a greedy sort. Look what has happened every time Tiers 1-4 were extended, the unemployed simply abandon the rest of the unemployed online community until they see their benefits about to run out and then they panic.

Hate to say it but they seem to act like "me, me, me" and then when they got their benefits, the Tiers 1-4 folks seem to up and disappear as soon as they have their safety net. While this may sound detrimental, it's the truth.

Maybe if those who are on Tier 1-4 would be out here advocating along with the rest of us then maybe we could have gotten this bill just a little bit further.

Are you blaming the unemployed because the bill has not passed?

Is this statement based on facts or statistics that you can provide or just an opinion?

I know a lot of people still on the tiers that send emails and fax and that statement is unfair and insulting to them.

I know a lot of people who are employed that write emails to try to help too.

I know a couple of 99ers who do nothing to try to help the cause.

Why would you make a statement like that, it will not endear the unemployed who are still on the tiers to help you.
I agree with you Liz. Also, Americans are not a greedy sort.

HelpNow
Member

Posts : 12
Join date : 2011-03-16

Back to top Go down

NY Times says UN said Radioactive Cloud from Japan will Hit California by Friday

Post by Carol in CA on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:29 am

Take precaution.

Don't know for sure what other states this will hit, but it is coming to California.

Could cross over other states later.

I say take precaution because you know how they cover up and down play these things.

Better to be safe than sorry.

I have read on other sites how this radiation is much worse then they are letting on.

They say they do not want to panic the public.

Plus on other sites they say it may rain Friday in CA.

And instead of washing the contamination away, they say rain only makes it worse.

Read New York Times article below and UN report about radioactive cloud from Japan coming to California.

=======================================
New York Times

Scientists Project Path of Radiation Plume

By WILLIAM J. BROAD NY Times

Published: March 16, 2011

A United Nations forecast of the possible movement of the radioactive plume coming from crippled Japanese reactors shows it churning across the Pacific, and touching the Aleutian Islands on Thursday

before hitting Southern California late Friday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/17/science/17plume.html?_r=2&ref=williamjbroad









Carol in CA
Member

Posts : 97
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by mistermunster on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:38 am

THE GOVERNMENTS ARE LYING TO US ALL and the Cover Up in the media is OBSCENE !!!!!!! DON'T BELIEVE THEM'

mistermunster
Member

Posts : 847
Join date : 2011-02-19
Age : 54
Location : ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Carol in CA on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:43 am

Right.
We know who controls the mainstream media.
I am not saying we should panic.
Just take precaution and don't get soaked in this rain if you are in CA.
Because we still do not know for sure how much contamination will be in this cloud that is suppose to cover California Friday. Best to stay indoors if you can.

Carol in CA
Member

Posts : 97
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by lendmeflight2 on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:46 am

I don't really agree with what Kemcha said but It makes me laugh when you say Americans are not greedy. Give me a frickin' break. We are the greediest people on the planet by a long shot. Almost no one in this country cares about anyone but themselves. That is why we have wall street controlling our country and crappy schools and 57 million with no health care.

lendmeflight2
Member

Posts : 1219
Join date : 2011-02-21

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by mistermunster on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:34 am

well if it hits the Aleutian Islands on Thursday, the radiation detectors should give us advance warning on the amount of radiation there is. The QUESTION is WILL the FEDERAL GOV report this INFORMATION???Downplay it, or WHAT???

Now with that said, I do feel that that reactor will melt down and you can kiss the north of Japan goodbye. They should have been dumping borite and concrete on it DAYS ago to contain it. Its a lost cause by all accounts so far. affraid

mistermunster
Member

Posts : 847
Join date : 2011-02-19
Age : 54
Location : ca

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Carol in CA on Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:48 am

You should have seen the front page photos of Japan on the Huffington Post tonight. It looked like Hiroshima all over again. The only thing standing in some places was twisted metal frames of one or two buildings left standing but completely gutted out. Mud and debris everywhere. Stores with their shelves completely cleaned out. Really shocking photos. I hope we find out how much radiation we will get hit by.

Carol in CA
Member

Posts : 97
Join date : 2011-02-23

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by MoInSTL on Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:40 am

As far as me, me, me and benefits and people on tiers not advocating---that is a very broad, sweeping, incorrect statement!

All I have to say is that A LOT of us lobbied for hours on end for months on end before becoming 99ers. Please stop this sort of divisive rhetoric. We are ALL unemployed/underemployed.


Last edited by MoInSTL on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:30 am; edited 1 time in total

MoInSTL
Member

Posts : 317
Join date : 2011-02-17
Age : 61

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 am

Forecast for Plume's Path Is a Function of Wind and Weather - Video of projected time frame and range

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2011/03/16/science/plume-graphic.html

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:54 am

Fukushima's nuclear plant workers walking into certain death by radiation

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/fukushima_heroes_walking_into_certain_kxe5jvUT8MMti45nZk1FrO#ixzz1GrQxYkRU

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:58 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/sc_nm/us_nuclear_usa

US shows growing alarm over Japan nuclear crisis

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:51 am

Just watching the news and they had a physics expert on the show I recognize. He said their efforts are "like using a squirt gun on a forest fire."

Folks its going to meltdown and will be 3 reactors. Each reactor had 90 tons of material. affraid

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:02 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Just watching the news and they had a physics expert on the show I recognize. He said their efforts are "like using a squirt gun on a forest fire."

Folks its going to meltdown and will be 3 reactors. Each reactor had 90 tons of material. affraid

The helicopters that are dumping the water can't get down close enough due to the radiation to spray their target. As of very early this morning, only one chopper managed to hit their target.


Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:21 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:Just watching the news and they had a physics expert on the show I recognize. He said their efforts are "like using a squirt gun on a forest fire."

Folks its going to meltdown and will be 3 reactors. Each reactor had 90 tons of material. affraid

The helicopters that are dumping the water can't get down close enough due to the radiation to spray their target. As of very early this morning, only one chopper managed to hit their target.


So they are using coffee cups to put out a forest fire.

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 2:23 pm

Oh, it gets better ... did you read the article posted at Huffington Post?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/16/japan-nuclear-crisis-us-officials_n_836772.html

"They need to stop pulling out people -- and step up with getting them back in the reactor to cool it. There is a recognition this is a suicide mission," the unnamed U.S. official was quoted by ABC as saying.

I couldn't believe how callous this official was for saying this. I don't see him volunteering to go in there and stop that radiation leak. Oh, it's easy to tell other people to do it when you're sitting behind you nice comfortable desk, living a nice long life.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:03 pm

kemcha wrote:Oh, it gets better ... did you read the article posted at Huffington Post?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/16/japan-nuclear-crisis-us-officials_n_836772.html

"They need to stop pulling out people -- and step up with getting them back in the reactor to cool it. There is a recognition this is a suicide mission," the unnamed U.S. official was quoted by ABC as saying.

I couldn't believe how callous this official was for saying this. I don't see him volunteering to go in there and stop that radiation leak. Oh, it's easy to tell other people to do it when you're sitting behind you nice comfortable desk, living a nice long life.

The fifty that have stayed on to try to contain this disaster have been exposed to lethal doses of radiation. Their lifespan now is no longer than three months. Sad

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Jobless_in_Ma on Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:33 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
kemcha wrote:Oh, it gets better ... did you read the article posted at Huffington Post?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/16/japan-nuclear-crisis-us-officials_n_836772.html

"They need to stop pulling out people -- and step up with getting them back in the reactor to cool it. There is a recognition this is a suicide mission," the unnamed U.S. official was quoted by ABC as saying.

I couldn't believe how callous this official was for saying this. I don't see him volunteering to go in there and stop that radiation leak. Oh, it's easy to tell other people to do it when you're sitting behind you nice comfortable desk, living a nice long life.

The fifty that have stayed on to try to contain this disaster have been exposed to lethal doses of radiation. Their lifespan now is no longer than three months. Sad

That is horrible...

_________________
Thanks to all members for participating in the discussions.

Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

Posts : 2348
Join date : 2011-02-16
Age : 42
Location : Ma

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:01 pm

HEY POWER IS BACK ON in the reactors. GREAT NEWS!! Water can flow. Not out of the woods yet but still good news.


Last edited by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Guest on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:02 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:HEY POWER IS BACK ON in the reactors. GREAT NEWS!!

Unfortunately it is too late for a lot of people.

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER on Thu Mar 17, 2011 7:05 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:HEY POWER IS BACK ON in the reactors. GREAT NEWS!!

Unfortunately it is too late for a lot of people.

Very true but the glass is half hull now and not half empty. Keep praying Praying

gettheminNOVEMBER
Member

Posts : 2626
Join date : 2011-02-21
Age : 41

Back to top Go down

Re: Japanese Earthquake & Tsunami on going after shocks and Tsunami warnings.

Post by Sponsored content Today at 12:49 am


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 12 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum