Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices

Go down

U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices Empty U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:13 pm

In a sign that may signal the beginning of inflation, a slap in the face to Chairman Bernanke, U.S. Businesses have signaled that they either have or will soon start raising prices on everything from clothing to food, raising concerns about potential inflation.

While Chairman Bernanke, head of the Federal Reserve, told Congress that growth had occurred in all parts of the country, businesses from the east coast to the west coast are signaling that they're preparing for a growth in retail prices as they prepare to pass on increasing costs to the consumer.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41873026/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

Back to top Go down

U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices Empty Re: U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices

Post by chopthis91 Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm

kemcha wrote:In a sign that may signal the beginning of inflation, a slap in the face to Chairman Bernanke, U.S. Businesses have signaled that they either have or will soon start raising prices on everything from clothing to food, raising concerns about potential inflation.

While Chairman Bernanke, head of the Federal Reserve, told Congress that growth had occurred in all parts of the country, businesses from the east coast to the west coast are signaling that they're preparing for a growth in retail prices as they prepare to pass on increasing costs to the consumer.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/41873026/ns/business-stocks_and_economy/

It has been speculated for months now that inflation was going to creep into our already dismal economy and one of the first signs has been at the grocery store. I try to buy store brands and coupon shop a lot. Publix has a lot of BOGOs which I also take advantage of if and only if I know I will use it down the road! Anyway...if gas prices continue to rise it's only going to make food prices rise because the transportation industry will will be forced to raise shipping rates then grocery stores will also be forced to do the same.

As for the Fed. Well...I'm not a big fan because they are just an extension of the banks and Wall Street and as we all know the banks and Wall Street are the biggest reason we are in the mess we are now. Can't keep printing up money because the dollar is devalued and the threat of inflation increases. The IRS is another problem. Our forefathers warned us not to rely on banks nor to allow corporations to exist more than 30 years. The end result is what may be starting to happen now but who really knows for sure?
chopthis91
chopthis91

Back to top Go down

U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices Empty Re: U.S. Businesses Signal Plan to Raise Retail Prices

Post by Guest Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:05 pm

Actually, here in Michigan, food prices have been steadily going up. This is not news ... I doubt that the economy is going to improve anymore, even with the Federal Reserve continuing to make purchases in the bond market. There's only so much it can absorb before it starts kicking back and we're already starting to see that.

The Federal Reserve has already put out too much money into circulation and we've been seeing the economy reflect this as prices on the retail side have increased, dramatically. And, it's only going to get worse. This is only the beginning. Just wait, you're going to see more and more employers start laying off more employees as they start to cut losses and try to stay in the black.

Like I said, inflation is starting to kick in and not even the Federal Reserve can put a halt to that. The only way they can ease inflation is allow the economy to fend for itself but their response is usually a knee-jerk reaction ... the Federal Reserve has only made the problem worse and the economy hasn't learned to fend for itself.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down