Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks.

2 posters

Go down

Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. Empty Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks.

Post by TCpdx Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:49 pm

About a month ago I applied for a specific job and never heard anything. Last week I saw the job come open again and applied. This time I got a call back. They had me in for an interview today and they asked the manager if she wanted me to fill out an application while I waited. From her office I heard her say no. After the interview, I saw another candidate in the waiting area filling out an application. I feel like the interview was more of a formality but I'm not sure how to read it. I would hope that business don't cost people money and time dragging them in on a lame duck interview.

Also, I've been waiting for almost 2 weeks on the results of a background check for another company. I've called them but they say the haven't heard anything. Is this common?

Lastly, I'm waiting on yet another job that I've been on 3 interviews for that's actually entry level. We're talking $10.00 an hour. I'll take it if I have to...But 3 interviews for a courier position when the employer has told me that he's had other applicants come in in the meantime. Supposedly I'm on the short list, but all of this feels really negative.

Any feedback is appreciated.

TCpdx

Back to top Go down

Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. Empty Re: Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks.

Post by elvis44102 Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:32 pm

welcome to the forum...

seems like an awful long time for a background check

its hard to say on the application, i have actually filled them out AFTER
i started working in the past...
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks. Empty Re: Not asked to fill out application? Also background checks.

Post by Guest Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:09 pm

TCpdx wrote:About a month ago I applied for a specific job and never heard anything. Last week I saw the job come open again and applied. This time I got a call back. They had me in for an interview today and they asked the manager if she wanted me to fill out an application while I waited. From her office I heard her say no. After the interview, I saw another candidate in the waiting area filling out an application. I feel like the interview was more of a formality but I'm not sure how to read it. I would hope that business don't cost people money and time dragging them in on a lame duck interview.

Also, I've been waiting for almost 2 weeks on the results of a background check for another company. I've called them but they say the haven't heard anything. Is this common?

Lastly, I'm waiting on yet another job that I've been on 3 interviews for that's actually entry level. We're talking $10.00 an hour. I'll take it if I have to...But 3 interviews for a courier position when the employer has told me that he's had other applicants come in in the meantime. Supposedly I'm on the short list, but all of this feels really negative.

Any feedback is appreciated.

I think you are reading a lot into each of your interviews. The person that was filling out the application might have been on a second interview or might have just been hired.

Yes, if you went on a drug test you should be working by now. Go in person and inquire as to your status. Was there a false positive?

Don't let your worry slow you down or show to others.

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down