Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
DO I DARE??????? EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
DO I DARE??????? EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
DO I DARE??????? EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
DO I DARE??????? EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
DO I DARE??????? EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
DO I DARE??????? EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
DO I DARE??????? EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
DO I DARE??????? EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
DO I DARE??????? EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
DO I DARE??????? EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
DO I DARE??????? EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
DO I DARE??????? EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
DO I DARE??????? EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
DO I DARE??????? EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
DO I DARE??????? EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

DO I DARE???????

3 posters

Go down

DO I DARE??????? Empty DO I DARE???????

Post by MarilynL Tue Oct 02, 2012 10:34 pm

Well, I just got hired to work at Target...and I should be happy but I am not. Retail was the last place I wanted to work...

Have to meet with them tomorrow morning, not sure when I actually start...but I will no more details tomorrow. I don't even know what the pay is, but I suspect it will be minimum wage...and here in Mass I think it's 8.00hr. Whoopie!!!

My fear is loosing all my benefits for little hours and little pay...is it going to be worth it.
I also get paid right now to close a church that I belong to, every day...very little, but I don't want to give it up. And with the random hours that a retail store gives you to work, I may not be able to keep it. So it scares me to give up a secure little job, for something that may hurt me in the end.

Will have to wait and see what they say tomorrow...

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

DO I DARE??????? Empty Re: DO I DARE???????

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:06 am

Congrats on the job even though its not the greatest. You never know what may come if it.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Wed Oct 03, 2012 8:23 pm

yes congratulations...any job is better than no job...maybe the store will work with you...i am just guessing but i thought Walmart, target. Kmart only hired for about three days a week...definitely not 40+.
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Congrats! Don't worry. jobs are short term. Enjoy getting back into the mainstream... more will fall into place in time.

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:23 pm

So, I had to get wonderfully drug tested this morning...it just infuriates me...at 59 years old, I never had to be drug tested once in my life, and now at my age, I have to....it's such a demeaning thing to do. They told me that I had to be there for 9:00 sharp, and if I was late, it would bounce me out of the system...and I guess it would jeopardize the job...as gullible as I am I believed it. So, because the hospital was 3 towns over, I left at 8:00, of course got lost several times, due to no street signs in the town (that also infuriates me), and got there in time. When I question them why it was mandatory to be there at 9:00 and what happens when someone was late...they just laughed and said "nothing...that's their way of making you show up"....Target...you lied! Geez, I'm not some stupid teenager!!! Give me credit will ya! And I hate liers!!! Now it's a waiting game until they get the results - which takes 2 weeks.

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:28 pm

elvis44102 wrote:yes congratulations...any job is better than no job...maybe the store will work with you...i am just guessing but i thought Walmart, target. Kmart only hired for about three days a week...definitely not 40+.

You're right, any job is better than no job. They asked me what the maximum hours I would work, so I told them 40...knowing that I would probably never see it. They do have a 30 minute lunch break if you are scheduled to work 6 hours or more in one shift, and I could run to the church to lock up, but that is going to depend on what time of the day it is. I don't think they will want me locking up at after 7:00 at night...and it's going to be tuff to make it in 30 minutes during the winter. So again, I will have to take one day at a time...and see where it leads me.

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:30 pm

mackylebourne wrote:Congrats! Don't worry. jobs are short term. Enjoy getting back into the mainstream... more will fall into place in time.

macky

Supposedly this is a permanent position and not seasonal. They said it was the only permanent position open, and I was lucky to get it. We will see how lucky I am...lolol cheers

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:33 pm

MarilynL wrote:So, I had to get wonderfully drug tested this morning...it just infuriates me...at 59 years old, I never had to be drug tested once in my life, and now at my age, I have to....it's such a demeaning thing to do. They told me that I had to be there for 9:00 sharp, and if I was late, it would bounce me out of the system...and I guess it would jeopardize the job...as gullible as I am I believed it. So, because the hospital was 3 towns over, I left at 8:00, of course got lost several times, due to no street signs in the town (that also infuriates me), and got there in time. When I question them why it was mandatory to be there at 9:00 and what happens when someone was late...they just laughed and said "nothing...that's their way of making you show up"....Target...you lied! Geez, I'm not some stupid teenager!!! Give me credit will ya! And I hate liers!!! Now it's a waiting game until they get the results - which takes 2 weeks.

Don't be upset, Marilyn. It's the way of the world. Was it a urine or hair test? Urine test results should be within days.

Perhaps you'll be surprised when they call you before two weeks.

Anyways girl... cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

You're back on track!!!

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by MarilynL Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:51 pm

DO I DARE??????? 305108 It was a urine test..and if they had pulled a piece of hair out of my head, I think I would've screamed...lolol... Geez, what will they do next?

For some reason, Target told me two weeks before I hear from them(probably another lie)...that's okay...I have to go shopping for tan pants and red shirts, and comfortable shoes!...Yipee!!!! My new uniform...lolol...I think I'm going to be sick....

MarilynL

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum