Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record

+3
Kulkulkan
DesperateInRI
Sandra5yearsunemployed
7 posters

Go down

New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record Empty New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record

Post by Guest Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:18 pm

A survey released today shows that people who have criminal records but are holding down a job have an easier time impressing hiring managers than do people who have been out of work for two years or more. The study is by Bullhorn, a Boston maker of recruiting software. The company ran an anonymous survey between August 23-28 of 1,500 staffing recruiters, corporate recruiters and hiring managers who use Bullhorn’s products.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2012/09/18/new-study-long-term-unemployment-viewed-by-hiring-companies-as-worse-than-a-criminal-record/

Back to top Go down

New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record Empty Re: New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record

Post by Sandra5yearsunemployed Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:45 am

So where did my post go on this? I just posted on this thread a few hours ago!
Sandra5yearsunemployed
Sandra5yearsunemployed

Back to top Go down

New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record Empty Re: New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record

Post by DesperateInRI Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:46 am

We lost recent information. The thread was spammed and in order to clear it had to be restored to an earlier time. Sorry for the inconvenience.
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Kulkulkan Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:03 pm

I guess instead of being fired after my nervous break 2 years ago form my part time retail job, I should have tapped the till and sent to jail for a year or so in the eyes of these folks. Too bad I'm too honest to steal...
Kulkulkan
Kulkulkan

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:59 pm

Being a "convicted felon" is not a handicap when working for the Romney campaign....
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:34 pm

elvis44102 wrote:Being a "convicted felon" is not a handicap when working for the Romney campaign....

Oh Elvis, you're SO cute!!
LMAO

Back to top Go down

Post by elvis44102 Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:50 pm

mackylebourne wrote:
elvis44102 wrote:Being a "convicted felon" is not a handicap when working for the Romney campaign....

Oh Elvis, you're SO cute!!
LMAO

They are NOT violent criminals.....just liars, thieves, con-men, huslersand film-flam artist...

both parties have them...but republicans have the abundance
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:26 pm

Hey, politicians are actually straight as straight lines... it's just the intersecting temptating lines that make them crooked as hell!

Like the Hering Illusion!

New Study: Long-Term Unemployment Viewed By Hiring Companies As Worse Than A Criminal Record 320px-10

Very Happy
macky

Back to top Go down

Post by jmainframe Sat Sep 22, 2012 3:04 pm

Yeah, hiring companies keep ignoring the fact that we are in the middle of a depression, with over 15% REAL unemployment! I guess they just can't imagine that our country can suffer a depression, with all the safeguards built into our economy to prevent this from happening. There are millions of able-bodied Americans who were put out of their jobs through no fault of their own!

Maybe these "companies" will get their heads out of their a**es and put these intelligent, experienced, self-motivated, and disiplined people back to work, where they rightfully belong!
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sandra5yearsunemployed Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:37 pm

jmainframe wrote:

Maybe these "companies" will get their heads out of their a**es and put these intelligent, experienced, self-motivated, and disiplined people back to work, where they rightfully belong!

Businesses need money to pay employees and I'm certain three things are working here. 1. Businesses are probably taxed like crazy to the point they can't afford to hire any more people. Think of business regulations. 2. If it is for-profit business, they probably push the cost to make the product (or service) on to the customer which creates LESS customers to come to their business and in the end - they have less ROI. 3. The big business could always just forget about number 1. Why? they can get major tax breaks by just giving giving giving so much of their money. There needs to be a LAW on how much one company can give out for the purposes of tax breaks.

4. The CEO's, CFO's and CIO's and VPs of all these BIG BIG corporations are probably paid over $1 million a year . . I mean the CEO's and the big wigs COULD take a pay cut down to say . . .$500K a year so they can hire 25 people at $20K a year. If the people at the top would just become more humble and live on ONLY what they need . . .more people would be able to get hired. But that will NEVER happen since CEO's think they NEED to earn $1 million or more a year.

I mean, what would I do with that? I don't need to earn any more than $100K a year. I can live very nicely with $100K a year. I would be able to afford to GIVE money away.
Sandra5yearsunemployed
Sandra5yearsunemployed

Back to top Go down

Post by need_a_break Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:10 am

That is so true about the criminal record but it is not just non felons. While I was on a bus a year ago or so, a guy got on the bus. I don't know who he was having a conversation with because he was behind me. But, he had just gotten out of prison for 10 years for killing someone during a robbery. He told that someone that he had just gotten a great paying job so now he was going to the DMV because his drivers license was suspended.

I, myself, was going to the DMV to renew mine. Yet, I had no job.

Well, observing him at the DMV, I didn't see how this guy had gotten a job. He was rude and insulting.

The only reason I can give is that companies are given tax breaks and such to keep him from going back to prison. And his parole officer probaly networked on his behalf. Which from what I saw from this guy's attitude, it will not be successful from keeping him from going back to prison. He appeared to be a bullying type. I feel sorry for his co-workers who may not be aware.

The are some people who have made mistakes and want to start over, this guy was not one of them.

need_a_break

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:30 pm

Most companies do a background check on individuals and do not hire individuals with felons or high end misdemeanors, aside from a few - like Home Depot.

Does anyone know the status of the Work Opportunity Tax Credit HIRE Act, Enterprise Zone Incentives Program, and the State Workforce training? I was just doing some Googling and possibly we should be focusing on these programs.

macky

Back to top Go down

Post by Springflowers Wed Sep 26, 2012 4:59 pm

tiya wrote:
A survey released today shows that people who have criminal records but are holding down a job have an easier time impressing hiring managers than do people who have been out of work for two years or more. The study is by Bullhorn, a Boston maker of recruiting software. The company ran an anonymous survey between August 23-28 of 1,500 staffing recruiters, corporate recruiters and hiring managers who use Bullhorn’s products.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/susanadams/2012/09/18/new-study-long-term-unemployment-viewed-by-hiring-companies-as-worse-than-a-criminal-record/

People need to start suing.

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down