Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Bashing Occupy Wall Street EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Bashing Occupy Wall Street

5 posters

Go down

Bashing Occupy Wall Street Empty Bashing Occupy Wall Street

Post by jmainframe Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:58 pm

What makes me laugh (er ANGRY) is listening to some of these New York radio talk show hosts, especially the ones who's studios are downtown Manhattan, right next to the Occupy Wall Street groups in Zuccotti Park (or Zucchini Park as some of them like to call it). They rant and rant, calling these people animals, clowns, bums, thugs, yada yada yada. When I hear this, I keep thinking of the phraise, "Methinks doth protest too much". And they do, WAY too much, and it comes through the radio loud and clear! They really need to take acting lessons.

Inside, they probably consider these heroes a threat. The last thing they want is for this movement to take hold and spread. That's why they keep bashing them on the air every chance they get. The last thing they want is for anything to change. They are gainfully employed, doing very well, AND NOT GIVING BACK TO THE COMMUNITY while everyone around them suffers. They wouldn't want to have it any other way.
jmainframe
jmainframe

Back to top Go down

Bashing Occupy Wall Street Empty Re: Bashing Occupy Wall Street

Post by JadeBlue Fri Aug 24, 2012 2:07 pm

The Occupiers need to take some constructive criticism to help their image and work efficiently to actually achieve their goals. But comments like that only serve to ignite the rage of their critics and take away any credibility the protesters have. It's okay to disagree with someone, but making wide assumptions and getting your audience to believe the same is just wrong. If news anchors and radio hosts were actually aware of their influence, I think they would be humbled, if not frightened.

JadeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:35 pm

With the election this year, things will only become real heated. People know the truth. The problem now is between the super rich and the shrinking middle class. When will they realize that people have had enough of the super rich BS. We can only beat them at the voting booth.

The Occupy Wall Street across the country has been quiet this Summer. What are their future plans? They need to set goals now. Venting and demonstrating can only get you only so much notice.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by snday Sun Aug 26, 2012 11:38 pm

If news anchors and radio hosts were actually aware of their influence, I think they would be humbled, if not frightened.

snday

Back to top Go down

Post by MaryKay Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:07 am

I think it depends on your area. In Philadelphia, it was peaceful, every march.

There have been the March against the Banks, March for employment, they got all the unions together and they had a rally three weeks ago, very successful.
This week, I am working with them in conjunction with the PA DOT and we are handing out ID cards in center city, Roxborough, West Phila, Southwest Phila, South Phila, Germantown, East Falls, Manyunk, North, Northwest and Northeast Phila. This will help those without proper picture ID be able to vote.

This group in Phila has a committee with lawyers, bankers and accts, we are all informed of meetings, plans of action etc. Very organized and everyone gets a say.

MaryKay

Back to top Go down

Post by JadeBlue Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:26 pm

It's good that some of them are organized. Around here they are mostly just dedicated. The major problem here is that a lot of these demonstrators are actually employed and have too many obligations keeping them away from really working at this. They've partnered with some community groups on issues, but in other areas, there aren't many community groups already in existence.

JadeBlue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down