Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Background Checking EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Background Checking EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Background Checking EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Background Checking EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Background Checking EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Background Checking EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Background Checking EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Background Checking EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Background Checking EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Background Checking EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Background Checking EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Background Checking EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Background Checking EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Background Checking EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Background Checking EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Background Checking

2 posters

Go down

Background Checking Empty Background Checking

Post by sraney Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:10 am

I've been wondering how much government information is made available, i.e., via tax withholding, gov't services, etc. This morning I found the link below to a government website which appears to have "privatized" the service to a number of favored background checkers. Is there anyone out there that's familiar with this? GSA, a gov't website, provides employment background checks - is this from social security records?

http://www.gsaelibrary.gsa.gov/ElibMain/sinDetails.do?executeQuery=YES&scheduleNumber=738+X&flag=&filter=&specialItemNumber=595+27

What is this? Upon request, investigative services offered include Local Agency Check (LAC), National Agency Check with Local Agency Checks and credit checks (NACLC),

sraney

Back to top Go down

Background Checking Empty Re: Background Checking

Post by TR11005 Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:35 pm

"We offer the widest selection
of products and services!

At GSA, we are committed to assisting Federal employees worldwide by meeting today's acquisition challenges. GSA Advantage!® is the government's premier online shopping system. With GSA Advantage!®, you'll have instant access to literally millions of high quality products, services, and solutions from thousands of approved commercial vendors."

From link hitting GSA: https://www.gsaadvantage.gov/advantage/main/elib.do?pg=home&src=elib

Looks like an approved list of government vendors.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by sraney Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:59 pm

You missed my point!! From the above link - look at the contractors they've given permission to do background checks and the types of information they are allowed to obtain!!

Examples of pre-employment Screening support include but are not limited to: Provide background investigations (background checks) for potential or existing employees in accordance with applicable Federal, State and local regulations. Examples include: Verification of previous employers; salary histories; criminal records checks; education verification; and credit history checks. All investigative activities must be conducted in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act as amended. Upon request, investigative services offered include Local Agency Check (LAC), National Agency Check with Local Agency Checks and credit checks (NACLC), Single Scope Background Investigations (SSBI), SSBI - Periodic Reinvestigation (SSBI-PR) and Single Scope Background Investigations - Misconduct Investigations (SSBI-MI). These investigative services can support the authorized Department/Agencies in acquiring Reports of Investigation (ROI) in areas of public trust, national security and suitability investigations conducted by the Federal Government in compliance with appropriate sections of the United States Code (i.e. Title 5, Title 15), Executive Orders and requesting Department/Agency Directives, Policies and Procedures. Service providers must operate from a facility approved in accordance with the provisions of the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM). Investigative Support Personnel and the Field Investigator staff must have active security clearances to the appropriate level as required by the customer Agency/Department

sraney

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:19 pm

I don't see anything wrong with it that is standard language used on the form that employers and agencies use on their background check forms. I have read many doing Contract Assignments.

"Pre-employment Screening support include but are not limited to: Provide background investigations (background checks) for potential or existing employees in accordance with applicable Federal, State and local regulations. Examples include: Verification of previous employers; salary histories; criminal records checks; education verification; and credit history checks. All investigative activities must be conducted in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act as amended."

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by sraney Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:00 am

I don't see anything wrong with it that is standard language used on the form that employers and agencies use on their background check forms. I have read many doing Contract Assignments.
You don't see anything wrong with your government supplying and making money from outsourcing information they have about you? For instance, letting your potential employer know that you're broke, collecting food stamps and other welfare benefits? Kelly Services makes you fill out Form 8850, which it uses to get a tax break via the work opportunity credit. Congress extended this credit to include the long term unemployed, but they ask if you are receiving food stamps? What does that have to do with long term unemployment? I can suggest one thing: you can rest assured that you won't come anywhere near to earning what you have in the past. There's just so much wrong with these background checks it's a disgrace. When I began investigating this matter, I found that it's a scam in Britain as well - their problem is misinformation - ours may be too, but we'll never know, because you never hear why you weren't chosen - just that there was a "more qualified" candidate.

sraney

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:05 am

What is really bad is when an agency wants to charge you for a background check and drug test. Most don't, but there are some. I do refuse there business on principal.

I do think constantly checking your background and doing drug test for contract work that don't last is wrong. I have had 3 Contract Assignments already ths year and it is only April!

This has turn in to a money making scam. I don't think things like credit checks and other information is going too far for most position and assignments.

I didn't realize the government is making money off this situation.

You would think that you should not have to go through more then once a year!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by sraney Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:29 pm

Background checking harms your credit. I spoke with an attorney at EEOC several weeks ago and she told me that they are very close to winning two very important lawsuits - both limiting corporations from using credit checks. Background criminal checks and employment verification is one thing, but they've clearly gone overboard. Even if these cases limit checks it still won't help people like you and me. The other thing is that once corporations start something it's very hard to get them to stop - especially without enough personnel for oversight. I resent it that people have access to my personal business and information - your finances are very personal - it's nobody's business how much I own or do not, whether I've had a bankruptcy, etc. If you've never checked your credit history it is amazing what they see, and it draws attention to your credit card holders and others who routinely go over your records. Too many hits raises a red flag - without which their attention would never have been drawn.

sraney

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:10 pm

I meant to say credits and other information is going too far.

Bank of America messed up my credit just because my daughter now 25 had temporarily exceeded their credit limit by less then $50. I signed when she was 20 to establish credit for her, because she was not 21. According to them that can last forever if you cosign even though you don't use it. That actually stopped a refinancing. They went past the Federal 30 day limit for clearing it up. They said there policy is 90 days. I read them the riot act. Told them I didn't care about their policy! With a credit notice from Discovery I found out they did it the same day.

With the way people have been unemployed, I think you have to look back 10 years before anyone passes judgement. Many agencies just care if you can past a drug test and don't not a felony. I don't think the banksters have had to go through abuse, when compared to others.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum