Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA

Go down

If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA Empty If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA

Post by hopelessinCA Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:32 am

When I realized that I might be homeless, I tried to gather as much information possible. One way was in CA, there are homeless assistance which can use for once in life time. I went to DPSS(Department of Public Social Service) and asked to the information worker about homeless assistance, they told me to wait until homeless case worker come and talk to me.

The homeless case worker said, DPSS will assist you 16(2 week +2day) days and pay $500 towards security deposit if you find place to move within that time frame. They will give you $455.0 for 1week check which you can stay at motel(65 * 7), when you come back the following week with receipt, they will give another check for 1week. After that you can get $130.0 for 2 days. You are usually need to bring 3 days notice or if you live with someone else and the lease is in their name, your word alone "I don't have no place live" works too.

After my situation changed so I was no longer in risk of homeless, I look through craigslist and there are many people who are renting room for 450.0-500.0. I thought that if I became homeless use that check from DPSS to rent a room for 1month, then another check for another month. Well, that is 2 month off the street if it comes to that. They usually ask for some form of deposit, so you might have to sell whatever you have and get that money.

I am sharing with this so if anyone be in that situation they should check with their state DPSS before any other place. I was told that all states have similar program but the amount could be less or more depends on the state.

I am not sure if this apply to single person or people without dependent children but don't hurt to ask, I think they have something in place for those without children since this is Once in a Life time only assistance.

Last edited by hopelessinCA on Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:33 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Spelling Error)

hopelessinCA

Back to top Go down

If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA Empty Re: If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:54 am

Wow, that is great info! Thanks for sharing! I'm sure it will be useful to many.

Back to top Go down

If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA Empty Re: If you have children and you are in risk of becoming homeless in CA

Post by Guest Sun Apr 15, 2012 1:04 am

I agree... thanks so much hCA. Personally I'm really grateful you've joined and contributed so much already.

Thank you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down