Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America

2 posters

Go down

Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America Empty Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America

Post by Springflowers Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:20 pm

Wow on this blog...I found it the other day...

http://ramennoodlenation.blogspot.com/

Lots of very interesting articles...

The Squawker's Introduction to Ramen Noodle Nation

It's about time, that there was a blog to speak for those of us who have been left with out a voice, where our life's reality is not shown in books, media or anywhere else anymore. Where only the lives of the wealthy are allowed to be shown in books and television, as the days of Willa Cather, Alice, and Laverne and Shirley are long gone. The truth about the collapsing American dream and finding a life outside the constricting box that has been drawn for so many as consumerist materialism falls off a cliff. Some of us see what is coming and already have been living it, while others remain asleep in the decline, that accelerates faster. This blog will be about telling the truth, and speaking for those who have been pushed to the margins. It was named after Ramen Noodles, the cheapest food, that many who live on the cusp turn to for sustenance and to fill their bellies. --The Squawker

Americans Have Become Slaves to Debt
Debt Slavery: 30 Facts About Debt In America That Will Blow Your Mind The above article has a lot of great points, he is right that th...

The People's Haikus
Congressman Scrooge: run that "Surplus Population Joke" by me once more. Scrooge replies: people suck up to you around here.....

Being Poor
On this website, on an article called BEING POOR , people share what it is like to be poor and what they face. There are over a hundred peo...

Where is Everyone? Economic Nomads and the Destruction of Community
One thing that modern American life has done is break up communities, it breaks up families, it breaks up marriages, it keeps you from ...

The College Bubble: The Next One To Burst: The Burden of Student Loans
If you have not seen this video yet, please watch it, though it is long. It tells you how the whole MONEY-MAKING BUSINESS of the UNIVERS...

Poor America
It's sad that it's always foreign news now telling us what is happening in America, while our news lies to us about the 'improved econom...

U.S. Liquidating its Best Companies
U.S. Liquidating its Best Companies From the Globalism is a failure files: "500 patents—is now a Chinese company. Westinghouse Nucle...

Grandma and Grandpa have 47 Times the Wealth, because they had Good Jobs and We Did Not ?
Older Americans are 47 times Richer Than Young No, I didn't make that statistic up... 47 Times RICHER! Hey all any of us have to ...

Don't Cry For Me, America
The Squawker's adult life has been spent in poverty with some brighter periods of on the edge working class "stability". The reasons fo...

Temp Slave Sounded The Early Warnings
Years ago when my life was a bunch of part-time and temp jobs pieced together, during the "zine" revolution of the 1990s, I discovered ...
Blog Archive

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America Empty Re: Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America

Post by elvis44102 Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:48 pm

There is a local chainstore around here that always has a security guard in it....
I have seen them check little old ladies bags, etc, etc...

I usually wont go in because of the gaurds...
I needed a key made and rather then go five miles extra, i stoped in...

The clerk had me leave my purchases at the counter while i went back and had a key made...

long story....somebody stole my pound of ham (on sale) while the key was being made...the store just let me get another pound as i had the reciept but i suppose it was hilarious (sort of)...

First the gaurd was eyeballing me, then they bent over backwards appologizing...

the whole time i kept thinking the gaurd thats appologizing would have tackeled the poor 5$ ham thief all this trouble for a pound of ham...

Thats what being poor is someone stealing food and the fact that the store feels it needs to have a gaurd...
elvis44102
elvis44102

Back to top Go down

Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America Empty Re: Two People Write About What It's Like to Be Poor in America

Post by Springflowers Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:36 pm

elvis44102 wrote:There is a local chainstore around here that always has a security guard in it....
I have seen them check little old ladies bags, etc, etc...

I usually wont go in because of the gaurds...
I needed a key made and rather then go five miles extra, i stoped in...

The clerk had me leave my purchases at the counter while i went back and had a key made...

long story....somebody stole my pound of ham (on sale) while the key was being made...the store just let me get another pound as i had the reciept but i suppose it was hilarious (sort of)...

First the gaurd was eyeballing me, then they bent over backwards appologizing...

the whole time i kept thinking the gaurd thats appologizing would have tackeled the poor 5$ ham thief all this trouble for a pound of ham...

Thats what being poor is someone stealing food and the fact that the store feels it needs to have a gaurd...

Yeah I would stay out of stores that need a security guard. More signs of a declining society.

Actually what if the security guard stole your ham?

Springflowers

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down