Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him!

3 posters

Go down

Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! Empty Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him!

Post by Marian Mon Dec 26, 2011 12:33 pm

A FaceBook friend posted the following information~

Sen. Harry Reid has appointed his conferees for the tax cut/UI debate in January. Of his four picks, he was clear and said that Sen. Jack Reed will be handling the UI end of any debate. He will decide what gets added, deleted, changed in the upcoming bill for the 10 months needed to make it a year long bill. CONTACT HIM! In the comment box below I will leave ALL his contact info and highly encourage you to contact him daily and BE HEARD.

Reed (D-RI) is a HUGE supporter and fighter for the unemployed, your contacts will not fall on deaf ears, he will listen and hopefully fight. He does NOT have a twitter or FB account, so you must call or email him. His phone numbers are 1-202-224-4642 or 1-401-528-5200 or 1-888-340-6522 (if you call this # ask to be transferred to his office). His official website for emailing is http://reed.senate.gov/ CONTACT HIM AND BE HEARD! Fight for HR 589. DO IT DAILY!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! Empty Re: Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 1:25 pm

thank you for the info Marian! I urge everyone to start contacting Senator Jack Reed immediately on a daily basis. Especially the 99ers!! Its going to be a tough fight, as usual.

Back to top Go down

Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! Empty Re: Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him!

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:01 pm

Contact information:

http://reed.senate.gov/

Contact by Email:
http://reed.senate.gov/contact/

When contacting using this form, use the address for one of his local offices for the zip code.

Contact during Congressional Recess:

Cranston
1000 Chapel View Boulevard
Suite 290
Cranston, RI 02920-5602
Get Directions »

Tel: (401) 943-3100
Fax: (401) 464-6837

Providence
U.S. Disctrict Courthouse
One Exchange Terrace, Suite 408
Providence, RI 02903-1173
Get Directions »

Tel: (401) 528-5200
Fax: (401) 528-5242
TDD (800) 745-5555

Washington Contact Info:

Washington D.C.
728 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, DC 20510
Get Directions »

Tel: (202) 224-4642
Fax: (202) 224-4680

Senator Reed does not have a Facebook or Twitter account. The other Senator from RI, who has been quite vocal about unemployment extensions is Sheldon Whitehouse. He has both Twitter and FB. Reed and Whitehouse have an excellent working relationship, both co-sponsored S. 3706 last year, and sponsored the bill that was introduced in the Senate about a month ago to extend the current program through 2012.

http://www.contactingthecongress.org/cgi-bin/newmemberbio.cgi?lang=&member=RISR&site=ctc2011

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:06 pm

I've called and sent an email. We should all do both daily...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:26 pm

I emailed him and my senators, Brown and Kerry as well. This is a make or break moment. If we dont hit them hard now and everyday I fear what will happen. It does help to contact them so please do it everyone!! It only takes a few minutes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:29 pm

My people are Barbara Lee and Feinstein and they are both supporters...I keep sending emails and making calls too though...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:30 pm

I think I will #OccupyReed'sDistrictOffice while they are on recess!

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:36 pm

LOL! Me too!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:25 pm

We should, by all means, let Sen. Jack Reed know how we feel. I also have to say that I've always liked him and have thought that he doesn't get as many kudos as he deserves. I've been wrong about people before, but I'll be really, really surprised if he doesn't do the right thing.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:32 pm

That is great to know, Joan! Thank you!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Mon Dec 26, 2011 11:54 pm

Right back atcha, teach! Very Happy
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Dec 27, 2011 9:22 am

Please contact Senator Reed! He is a good man and has always been on the side of the working (unemployed) residents of the state. One drawback - he is too soft spoken. I am hoping he engages the assistance of his colleague Senator Sheldon Whitehouse, who has been an outspoken advocate for the unemployed for over three years.

Back to top Go down

Post by JoanB Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:18 am

You're right, DIR. We can never take it for granted that any of them will automatically do what we want without us giving them a push.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Tue Dec 27, 2011 12:55 pm

Let us all call and send emails daily...
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:08 pm

Made my daily call!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:26 pm

I called his offices today...The phone person was very nice...I thanked him for being open to listen, and for his past support of ...S3706 that went no where. I asked that the 99ers or Exhaustees not be left out of negotiations and they said they would surely pass along info.

I also called my CA. Senators, Boxer & Feinstein to ask that they communicate to Reed that 99ers & Exhaustees not be left out this time...I got the same thing...We will be sure they get the message. I hope so...I am going to call, email, fax, tweet who I can ect. until we get help...It's getting worse...Nobodys seems to want to hire the LongTermUnemployed so until they do, I am going to fight, and make sure Congress knows we are not going to just wither away.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:33 pm

I also called Reed and got the same type of response... Senators Boxer and Feinstein want what we want. The trouble is that the congress has too many Tea Party members who want to slash the benefits rather than add to them. I am certainly praying that they at least keep the benefits to 99 weeks... I wonder when they will be doing all of this..?
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:51 am

superstevies wrote:I called his offices today...The phone person was very nice...I thanked him for being open to listen, and for his past support of ...S3706 that went no where. I asked that the 99ers or Exhaustees not be left out of negotiations and they said they would surely pass along info.

I also called my CA. Senators, Boxer & Feinstein to ask that they communicate to Reed that 99ers & Exhaustees not be left out this time...I got the same thing...We will be sure they get the message. I hope so...I am going to call, email, fax, tweet who I can ect. until we get help...It's getting worse...Nobodys seems to want to hire the LongTermUnemployed so until they do, I am going to fight, and make sure Congress knows we are not going to just wither away.
I'm fighting with you, Steve! Sen Jack Reed/Handling UI Benefits--Contact Him! 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:55 am

‘No one more protective of the unemployed’ than RI’s Reed
December 27th, 2011 at 2:39 pm by Ted Nesi under Nesi's Notes

U.S. Sen. Jack Reed has been given the unenviable task of helping to broker a long-term compromise on the payroll tax cut (and jobless benefits) after a two-month extension passed last week. Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said Reed wasn’t an accidental choice (via the NYT):

Senator Jack Reed, Democrat of Rhode Island, will be a member of the House-Senate conference committee. In picking him, Mr. Reid noted that Rhode Island had high unemployment and said “no one in the Senate has been more protective of the unemployed.”
http://blogs.wpri.com/2011/12/27/why-reid-picked-reed/

Back to top Go down

Post by Marian Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:50 pm

That's great! Let's all keep calling him!
Marian
Marian

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down