Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays? Tell us your story

Go down

Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  Empty Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays? Tell us your story

Post by superstevies Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:29 pm

I was reading my email on yahoo, and on the home page was this article in conjunction with ABC News. They want to know how we are doing through the holidays.

http://us.lrd.yahoo.com/_ylc=X3oDMTJhc2o5a24wBF9TAzM5ODMwMTA0MQRnc3RhdGUDMQRwb3MDNARzZWMDbndfdG9wc3RvcmllcwRzbGsDdGl0bGUEdGFyA25ld3MueWFob28uY29t/SIG=13it59tkd/EXP=1324927323/**http%3A//news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/jobless-over-holidays-tell-yahoo-news-story-144131603.html

Now we want to hear about how being unemployed is affecting your holiday celebrations this year.

Among the things we want to know:

• How are you cutting back or economizing for your holiday? Are you spending less on gifts? Staying home instead of traveling?
• If you have children, how are they reacting to the situation? Do they understand?
• Do the holidays come as a welcome period of rest and relaxation, or do they feel like just one more cause of stress?
• What are some free or low-cost ways to celebrate that you've found and want to share?
• Are there any upsides? Have you found that you've focused less on consumerism, and more on family and friends?
• What are your resolutions for 2012?

Be sure to tell us some basic details about yourself: your age, where you're from, how long you've been out of work, where you were working previously. And include any other information that gives us a sense of your situation and how you're getting by.

Unless you tell us otherwise, we may publish all or part of your email, along with your first name and the first letter of your last name.

We'll pick some of the most interesting responses, and publish them at Yahoo News and on our Down But Not Out Tumblr site, creating a portrait of how America's jobless are handling the holidays four years after the Great Recession officially began.

Last edited by superstevies on Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Fixed Spelling)
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  Empty Re: Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays? Tell us your story

Post by Guest Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:05 pm

Wow, do I have a story for them! Working on it now! Thanks for posting this, Steve, and I hope others will participate too.

Back to top Go down

Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays?  Tell us your story  Empty Re: Yahoo Home Page...Jobless Over Holidays? Tell us your story

Post by superstevies Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:18 pm

NO problem...I posted mine as well. I don't think there will any shortage of stories for them to rummage through. It's just a shame any of us have to post stories like these at all. Here's to holding on to some hope we might get a Xmas miracle in the form of H.R.589....Then again I would prob. win the lottery first.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down