Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
~Just A Reminder~ EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
~Just A Reminder~ EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
~Just A Reminder~ EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

~Just A Reminder~

Go down

~Just A Reminder~ Empty ~Just A Reminder~

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:18 am

I wanted to take a minute to remind all members of a few things. Sorry if I sound like "Mom".

When I returned home last night to post the information I found out yesterday, I was really distressed to see some of the comments on our forum. So I want to take a minute and remind members of a few things we have been doing:

1. While advocating for the 99ers, HR589 and the UE Extensions, many of us have contacted Congress/Senate and members of the press. They have been invited to view our forum, see what we do and the members who are asking for their help to extend unemployment benefit, pass HR589 and a much needed jobs bill. Our motto has always been we are here for one another, we are not the "lazy, addicted" people some would make us out to be. We are united in our cause for help for all the unemployed and for jobs.

2. We are a group of people who should be seen as survivors and as a family, who are always there for one another.

After reading some of the things that are happening, I don't think this is a good way to show the people who are willing to help us, this is who we are.
Every single one of us is united in this fight. Every single one of us has our own very unique problems and one united problem of unemployment. We are all frightened of never having a job, worried about how to pay any bill, much less all the bills, in addition to daily family life struggles, many more serious than others.

That being said, we are all different and have opinions. There are ways to handle this. We have a pm button to use if something offends you. It can be discussed directly, in the proper manner. We have a foe button, you can use it to block posts from someone who offends you. You have the option when scrolling through the topics to not read or post in a topic that isn't your cup of tea. You don't have to post how much you dislike a topic. We also have the option to contact the Administrators or Moderator if something is particularly offensive to you. We also have the option to contact the Administrators and Moderator if you would like to share your ideas for topics or advocating. All ideas are welcomed.

Many members come here for advocating and comfort. That is why we are here. There is enough negative, nasty things being posted on almost every comment section of every internet news story and blog, we're here so people feel like they have a home. We have remained united for three years through the worst time in our Country, that's hit us all the hardest, let's not fall apart now and let's not do it for all to see. ~Just A Reminder~ 34243

Back to top Go down

~Just A Reminder~ Empty Re: ~Just A Reminder~

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:26 am

Amen to that.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

~Just A Reminder~ Empty Re: ~Just A Reminder~

Post by Guest Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:51 am