Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
October 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension

4 posters

Go down

Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension Empty Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension

Post by freds Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:11 pm

freds

Back to top Go down

Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension Empty Re: Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:23 am

I signed this hoping that people who were recently laid off get benefits equal to those of us who lost our jobs two or more years ago.

Once again, NELP has forgotten the people who have been devastated by this great recession - the original "99ers". Those numbers are in the millions too.

Hope everyone signs this, and then let NELP know they left a large portion of the unemployed out - AGAIN!!

Back to top Go down

Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension Empty Re: Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension

Post by jchapman Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:52 pm

I received an email from NELP about signing this petition over 2 months ago, Instead of signing the petition, I sent a reply stating that I would not sign it unless there is mention of help for those that have exhausted all extensions. or the 99ers. I have yet to receive any kind of a reply.
I'm sorry, but as long as NELP continues to ignore the 99ers, I will continue to ignore this petition.

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:19 pm

jchapman,

I think its safe assessment to say that several folks have or share that same thinking process as you, including me as they're overall philosophy clearly isn't including the exhaustees at all over the past 6 months especially, however I do still mention their organization as an advocacy non-profit agency in support of displaced/working citizens along with couple others, due to fact that particular one is quite involved research wise with unemployment insurance etc... and we are still very isolated/small group of citizens it appears that havent yet reached the politicians on either side of the isle.

The interviews on Cspan etc.. clearly are not doing it, nor is the job creation/intervention subcomittee meetings this early/late fall from the non-profit advocacy groups, sorry to say but it is what it is. Im still very optmistic we'll come out of recession by 1st or 2nd quarter of 2013 completely, and mid 2012 start finally see decent FT jobs for all qualified/credentialed folks. At this point, none of the politicians have clue or interest in supporting or aiding us, to the fullest extent to what is needed.

And, they ALL continue to ignore us exhaustees and I also will not sign any petition which doesn't do much anyhow in large scheme of things. Plus its reactive, very much late to be doing that now, not 'proactive'.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:25 pm

To ignore all the folks that have stood tooth and nail from day one who partook in the initial extensions when this recession truely began, late or 3rd quarter of '07, reveals lack of loyalty to those folks that have been w/o any insurance assistance/income dating back to around EASTER/APRIL of last year, yes 2010, so that to me personally is unnaceptable. And, the georgia works program is just that state of georgia where has its own mentality, culture, jobs, trades, costs/budget for it, etc... so if that's the best the hearing people can do is talk about tha as for jobs and getting folks into community colleges or trade schools we are in trouble, that's all I ever have heard about up to this point, thus reason 6 months ago I stopped engaging self from political standpoint and full fledged advocate.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:17 pm

I hear your disgust mj, but I am still fighting for us. I think the AFL-CIO and NELP should clearly state they are advocating for the 99ers as well.

We are lobbying and advocating straight to Ways and Means and Human Services along with Congress.

Back to top Go down

Post by Lacey Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:29 pm

MaryKay wrote:I hear your disgust mj, but I am still fighting for us. I think the AFL-CIO and NELP should clearly state they are advocating for the 99ers as well.

We are lobbying and advocating straight to Ways and Means and Human Services along with Congress.

Thank you MaryKay,

You are definately a positive light, in the dark, for so many on this unemployed website.

Everyday, when I read the news: crime, domestic abuse, ect ect ect

My heart bleeds for the poverty, & injustice, that seems to go unheard by so many.

Bless your day, MaryKay

Lacey

Back to top Go down

Post by mj33 Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:07 am

MaryKay,

yes, as pointed out by last poster, you have indeed stuck by your guns and loyalties to the good cause of promoting and advocating for the working citizens, as I and many others' have in various ways, and I still refer others' to the web based forums and DOL laws etc.. but much more behind scenes type things. your fight within you is inpeccable, as from what Ive seen from afar reading posts etc.. from this site and beyond past 6 mths.

Keep up your passion and fight wherever and however it may continue to lead. Helping those that need help and making an impact to those in need is gratifying.

mj33

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:10 am

Thanks to both of you for your kind words. Every member here needs to take credit for their tireless efforts, not just mine.

Just a reminder that all hope is not gone, thought this was worth another look. It's last week, but it's good:

http://www.crewof42.com/the-99ers-2/video-barbara-lee-on-the-99ers-poverty-and-hr-589/

Please all, don't give up hope. If you feel you just can't push another day, send me your info, story, request, I will do it for you. Don't lose your voice. The two things no one can take from us, our voice, our vote! Don't forget that. Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension 34243 Please Sign by Nov 30th - NELP Petition to Congress for Unemployment Extension 769716

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down