Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment

2 posters

Go down

Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment Empty Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:02 am

Congress is busy. It has to extend federal funding for all federal agencies before November 18, or else the government will shut down, and the deficit Super Committee has to recommend a big package of budget cuts to the House and Senate by November 23, or set in motion dramatic automatic spending cuts to defense programs and Medicare providers. But it’s still suffering a hangover from the debt limit fight. And so this week House GOP leaders will fulfill one of the terms of the debt limit law, and appease some conservatives, by holding a vote on a Constitutional Balanced Budget Amendment.

There’s a bit of a strife among Republicans — and even among some Democrats — over the details of such an amendment. But almost any version would constitute a radical policy shift for the country, and threaten key safety net programs as the country ages and the cost of health care soars. It would lead to dramatic swings in U.S. fiscal policy, and at a time of high unemployment, would cost the economy dearly.
http://tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/11/debt-limit-hangover-despite-packed-agenda-congress-returns-to-radical-balanced-budget-amendment.php

Back to top Go down

Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment Empty Re: Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:00 pm

This further drives home the point that they don't listen. How many polls do they need to tell them that people are desperate. They want them to concentrate on JOBS and the ECONOMY. Instead, they will continue to do THEIR BIDDING. A Balanced Budget Amendment is not what 100% of the country is looking for. Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment 34243

Back to top Go down

Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment Empty Re: Despite Packed Agenda, Congress Returns To Radical Balanced Budget Amendment

Post by tristen303 Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:18 am

The balanced budget idea is just plain bad (good sound bite though) it's comical that they are doing that now.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 11:15 am

Let the games begin AGAIN. What scares me is what comes at the end of more DC Theatre/Drama. Another downgrade, all benefits being slashed because they left it to the Super Committee.

I don't know about anyone on this site, but I never really heard of Grover Norquist and I'll be damned if my Congressman/Senator is going to put his wants, needs, desires ahead of mine, ours, yours or my family's. I didn't elect him, his petition means nothing to me and when we are all working and productive once again, the budget will take in additional revenues from us. I sure don't want to go back to work and pay more taxes than someone who has the ability to loophole him or herself into less taxes than someone making $50k, when they make a million or more. It just is not fair, and then to find out they collect unemployment, get ridiculous subsidies, social security and we should just accept this. I think not.

When we find ourselves on the other side of a economic downturn/depression/recession, sit down, be adults and come up with a plan to balance the budget. But there is a big responsibility that comes with that, you have to stick to it, even when it hurts, and neither side is good at it, and you have to recognize what true emergencies are and work with them reasonably, not demonize people in trouble.

Back to top Go down

Post by lam Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:01 pm

Not to be nasty but this is what Americans voted for last year!!!. By putting all of these Repubs into office what did the American Public think they were going to get?????

We need financial help now but we will never get it. Like I always say what comes around goes around. I will get my revenge come Election 2012. Hopefully others will do the same!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lam

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 15, 2011 5:08 pm

lam, sadly people voted against the Dems and Pres. Obama because they weren't moving quickly enough and the Republicans ran on JOBS, JOBS, JOBS. That was the last time we heard them talk about jobs unless it's to give more tax breaks for the "job creators". I agree, there are many who got what they voted for. Not this American. Didn't vote for this at all and didn't vote against the President.

Never, never a good idea to vote emotionally. You really have to think it through, spend a little time researching who you will cast your vote for and then decide. I have voted Republican in my local elections, because there were two very good, fair, balanced candidates running that really know how to get things done for everyone.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down