Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers

Go down

Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers Empty Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 4:48 pm

For those who prefer short and sweet (which no one will ever accuse me of) we need volunteers to get the word out once again on twitter, if you would. Tweets and retweets are helpful. Please just post your name here so we can follow and retweet you.

I am @mkcoy55

Some suggested tweets:

#99ers need your help. We are not counted, but we count, so does our vote
#HR589 - 99ers have needed help for over a year, pass this bill.
#We Can't Wait - #Pass the American Jobs Act #HR589
#99ers #HR589#American Jobs Act, a no vote from you is a no vote for you
#99ers #HR589 - WHERE ARE THE JOBS, ONE YEAR AND STILL WAITING
#99ERS#HR589 - Tax Cuts don't create jobs, one year and counting

Add your own and post them here for others to use. Remember, no threatening tweets, and no foul language, no matter how tempting. That's just not who we are. Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 34243

Back to top Go down

Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers Empty Re: Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:01 pm

Once again, here is the link with the twitter accounts.

Thanks all.

Back to top Go down

Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers Empty Re: Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers

Post by Guest Sun Nov 06, 2011 6:15 pm

BUMP

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:18 am

Good Morning All Friends.

Hope your fingers are ready to tweet. Thanks to all who will help. We need a big push to get the message back on track to JOBS, THE ECONOMY, HR.589 AND THE AMERICAN JOBS ACT, WHICH CONTAINS AN EXTENSION OF UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS.

Any help you can give, is greatly appreciated.

Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Yes all, please help!

Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 562135

Back to top Go down

Post by Spring9 Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi
Please add my name to your letter
Denise Scott - New Jersey
I will help get the message out on twitter

Spring9

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:05 am

Thanks Spring9. I will add now. I am in Mantua, South Jersey.

We need all the help we can get. Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 780423

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:14 am

I am happy to report that we are still getting signatures.

Thank you all for helping where and when you can. This is the greatest group of people I have ever "met". Some day, I hope we all actually get to meet. Friends, you can't ever have enough of them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 12:15 pm

If anyone can help, today I would like to tweet some short and sweet messages to all in Congress and the Senate.

#99ers,#HR589, #Pass the American Jobs Act. #We Can't Wait.

#99ers, #HR589, We Listen and We Vote.

#99ers, #HR589, We will be counted, we Vote.

Just take your pick and tweet. I think it's important for them to see numbers and lots of messages regarding the power of our vote. They won't count us among the unemployed, but they have no choice but to count our votes.

I would also send this to @BarackObama, @WhiteHouse, @VP, @SpeakerBoehner, @EricCanter.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:09 pm

I am happy to report that since yesterday, we have added 3 additional names to our letter.

If anyone knows of someone who would like to be included, please post their name and state, I will include them (with their permission of course). Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:17 pm

Don't forget to VOTE!!!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Nov 08, 2011 3:21 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:46 am

The power of many voices worked in Ohio last night, now it's up to us to continue staying vocal for the 99ers!!!

Thanks to all who are actively helping. Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:52 am

Good Morning all Friends. Last night truly showed what the power of many voices can accomplish. Now we need to continue the campaign.

I will be using the phone for the next two days, as many know, my Dad is undergoing treatment for lung cancer and we will be a the wonderful Fox Chase Cancer Center for the next day and a half. I won't be able to be on the forum so I am asking your help in keeping the threads bumped and on the scroll. I would appreciate that. I will be back on Friday and ready to email and tweet.

As always, many thanks. We can win this fight!!! Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 10, 2011 7:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 11, 2011 9:54 am

Good Morning all friends. Back from Dad's. Good news, the chemo is working, the bad news, treatments will continue, it's a contain and maintain issue right now. So, thank you all for your prayers and thoughts, we need them and so very much appreciate them.

Tweeting this afternoon. Hope you can join in.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:28 pm

Taking the weekend off. Anyone who can help on Monday, please do, we need to really make an effort to be heard. Hope you will join me.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:27 am

Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 758924 Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 14, 2011 5:12 pm

Please all members, this it the time. Make sure you send a note along with the letter to Rep. Barb Lee. HR589 must be included in any legislation going forth for extensions of UC. 1-1/2 years is long enough to wait. There is no jobs bill and there are no jobs. Get busy, get loud and make your point very clear. We vote. Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:55 am

Good Morning friends. Off to Dad's.

We have had many additional requests for stories. The topics are scrolling to the left.

In addition, please read the topic on Barbara Lee and HR589. She needs a thank you and a tweet. Please send the 99ers letter to:
@RepBarbaraLee.

While you are at it, on the complete list of contacts, the last two pages have the listing of the Super Committee, Democrats Refusing to Support the American Jobs Act and Republican Who Didn't Sign the Grover Norquist Pledge. When I return tomorrow, that's who I am targeting specifically.

Two more things on the to do list:

All members of CBC and Progressive Caucus. The complete list shows Party, Committees etc. It's easy to pick them out. Keith Ellison and Raul Grijalva, Progressive Caucus.

As always, the President and Vice President need to get the letter too.
@BarackObama @VP.

I know I am asking alot, but it's less time consuming than all 20 pages and I need help. I cannot do this alone and I've said many times, one voice won't get noticed nearly as well as many.

It's our fight to win or lose. I will be back and ready to "go to the mattress" tomorrow. I cannot be here today. Hope you understand and can help me out.

Much love to all.

mk

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 8:18 am

Will be starting in this morning. Please help. We had some news on HR589 from the floor today. Let's get busy. Please.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:33 am

With Rep. Lee's speech on the floor yesterday I think a big push is needed to contact the Ways and Means Committee to get this advanced.

Here is the list of Committee Members:

Committee on Ways and Means

Dave Camp, MI, Chairman

Wally Herger, CA
Sam Johnson, TX
Kevin Brady, TX
Paul Ryan, WI
Devin Nunes, CA
Pat Tiberi, OH
Geoff Davis, KY
Dave G. Reichert, WA
Charles W. Boustany Jr., LA
Peter J. Roskam, IL
Jim Gerlach, PA
Tom Price, GA
Vern Buchanan, FL
Adrian Smith, NE
Aaron Schock, IL
Lynn Jenkins, KS
Erik Paulsen, MN
Kenny Marchant, TX
Rick Berg, ND
Diane Black, TN
Tom Reed, NY

Sander Levin, MI Ranking Member
Charles B. Rangel, NY*
Fortney Pete Stark, CA
Jim McDermott, WA
John Lewis, GA
Richard E. Neal, MA
Xavier Becerra, CA
Lloyd Doggett, TX
Mike Thompson, CA
John B. Larson, CT
Earl Blumenauer, OR
Ron Kind, WI
Bill Pascrell Jr., NJ
Shelley Berkley, NV
Joseph Crowley, N

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:51 am

Would it be subject to a hearing if it was added as an amendment to HR 3346? Rep. Levin is calling for letters from the unemployed to the House Ways & Means Committee regarding the hearing on 3346. I believe we have two weeks after the hearing to get them in there for the record!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:53 pm

I have no idea Desperate. From the information I found, it could be added to other legislation, but it has to be approved and forwarded before that can happen, similar to being moved to the floor.

I found several articles indicating that it might be added to additional legislation, but nothing from the Ways and Means website or the CBC.

We need to continue to push for additional benefits, whether it's HR589, as an amendment, stand alone or a completely different piece of legislation altogether.

We all must get our stories in, send our letters and get loud. The Occupy movement shouldn't be doing all the work for everything, we need to do this as a seperate issue altogether. We all agree things need to change, but right now, today, the 99ers have their backs agains the wall and the unemployed and soon to be 99ers as well. We have to take this to DC and we have to remain diligent in our efforts for our benefits and help. Once we have secured help, we can then help to fight the balance of injustices the Occupy Movement is fighting for, knowing our families won't suffer any longer. We can lobby for jobs, better banking regulations, too big to fail, poverty, taxation fairness, preserving our social security and so on, but for now, we, the 99ers need to fight for ourselves and our families. No one will do it for us, and we can't get lost in many messages. We need to fight one at a time. Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:39 pm

Great twitter day yesterday. Many retweets. Thanks all. Hoping you all have a great weekend and we can start Monday fresh. I think we are getting some real attention. Hope so, we could all use some good news.

Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 780423 Advocates for the 99ers ~ Twitter Volunteers 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down