Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street

+3
tristen303
TR11005
JoanB
7 posters

Go down

Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street Empty Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:47 am

While the supercommittee has plenty of time to think of ways to make life more miserable for seniors, it won't even countenance the idea of taxing Wall Street speculation. In spite of the repeated pledges that everything is on the table, taxing Wall Street speculation is absolutely off the table.

In order for a tax bill to be considered by Congress, it must be scored by the Joint Tax Committee (JTC). While many members, including some very senior members from both houses, have requested a score from the JTC of a bill taxing financial speculation, the supercommittee has the JTC completely tied up meeting its requests. By refusing to include a financial speculation tax (FST) in its scoring request, the supercommittee is preventing this idea from even being included in the discussion.

This contempt for the 99 percent coupled with protection for the 1 percent is the reason Congress has an approval rating of 9 percent. When both parties in Congress work against the interest of the overwhelming majority in order to protect a tiny elite, it is not surprising that most of the country would return the contempt.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/dean-baker/supercommittee-of-the-one_b_1067902.html

Back to top Go down

Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street Empty Re: Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street

Post by Guest Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:28 am

More of the same. We can't sit silently, as soon as we do, they plunge the knife further and further. They are just hoping we don't read these articles, understand the ramifications of their actions and that we will get fed up and go away.

Back to top Go down

Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street Empty Re: Supercommittee of the One Percent Won't Even Think of Taxing Wall Street

Post by JoanB Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:25 pm

Contempt. That's a good word for how they feel towards us. And increasingly, us towards them.
JoanB
JoanB

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 pm

They have not seen Granny with her shotgun. Just don't even think about it is my motto. If they want WAR, then that is what it is! The Wall Street Bankers are only allowed to operate is because we have let them. 1% can't hold out much against 99%.

The military and police are on our side. What they going to do throw money at us? They are in a position to loose it all after their greedy tactics.

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:30 pm

First we shouldn't start spending before we start saving (FYI just like we had too) raise taxes after the cuts and only then.

Secondly don't think for a second that the military and police are all on board; as a Marine we were pissed that a cop shot a brother of ours in the face (some were about the protestors but most just about that) so if it's a revolution it would be a very short one with not the outcome or support your thinking.

People we are all Americans including (the 1 percent) and advocating violence is just plain BS. I fought in a country that spiraled out of control from this carp and I can tell you that the "masses" were completely over run by the wealthy.
Those internet armchair warriors on here need to go back to your computers and come up with a better plan, your all better then that (I read what you post don’t agree with a lot of it but still) and we are all better then that as a country.
It amazes me the hypocrisy on this site, on one thread from the shooting in ARZ you’re getting lectured about gun control, high capacity magazines etc.,then months later why a insensitive costume (during a company Halloween party) is wrong and not polite (what are we four years old) not even attaching the humanity issue and then another thread is about violence against fellow Americans THAT YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW AND SEEM TO ASSUME A LOT ABOUT (considering how knowledgeable you are on them).
REBOOT

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:13 pm

Heavily disagree on the taxes after cuts, but very much agree with not taking this to a violent level (and that's coming from someone who is extremely pro-gun, btw). Violence should only be used in self-defense, and while they may be "killing" the lower class people in a figurative sense, until they're literally doing it en masse (and there's no way they could ever get away with that), violence is not an appropriate response.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:37 pm

I am not for violence, but the 1% better know the 99% are pissed and not going to take it any longer. If you have to draw a line in the sand then that is what must happen. They cross it and must pay for their actions.

Bank of America has back down with the $5 dollar charge when they were loosing customers. Each time a corporation gets out of line, now we need to stand up and do something. There are charges being made to these banks. It is time to start prosecuting. Some must go to jail.

Congress is being paid off. Now it is time to expose them all.

You have to remember that people get away with things, because we let them. If they are not stopped they will take everything including your Social Security. If you want to live poor all your life then your stupid!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Sammy Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:47 pm

TR11005 wrote:
You have to remember that people get away with things, because we let them. If they are not stopped they will take everything including your Social Security. If you want to live poor all your life then your stupid!

George knew it all along...Genius.....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV1lZMTCqf8&feature=related

Last edited by Sammy on Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sammy
Sammy

Back to top Go down

Post by ranbrow123 Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:56 pm

TR11005 wrote:I am not for violence, but the 1% better know the 99% are pissed and not going to take it any longer. If you have to draw a line in the sand then that is what must happen. They cross it and must pay for their actions.

Bank of America has back down with the $5 dollar charge when they were loosing customers. Each time a corporation gets out of line, now we need to stand up and do something. There are charges being made to these banks. It is time to start prosecuting. Some must go to jail.

Congress is being paid off. Now it is time to expose them all.

I'm not disagreeing with you, all I'm saying is when you draw that line in the sand, make sure it's not drawn in blood. Even if you did support violent action, you'd be insane to try it since any sort of violent revolution would be quashed in a flash of bloodshed.

ranbrow123

Back to top Go down

Post by pbrad009 Tue Sep 09, 2014 1:19 pm

How many of have ever tried investing in stocks?  Maybe your former employer did.  People should try investing in the stock market before they condemn the participants.

One of my favorite axioms about money:  Either it works for you or you work for it.

We put our money in a diversified mutual fund portfolio and it works for us. Smile

pbrad009

Back to top Go down

Post by DesperateInRI Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:18 am

Time for you to find a job and work for money. You have too much time on your hands. Are you trying to make us laugh by digging out old posts and sharing your "wisdom"? Go play with your diversified investments and cash because that's all you have. With your arrogant attitude and false sense of self-importance, I'll bet you don't have one friend in this world!
DesperateInRI
DesperateInRI
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by pbrad009 Sun Sep 21, 2014 2:00 am

Desperate, I'm sorry you have such a negative view on me. Being unemployed I have a lot of time on my hands. I have friends, and good sense and book smarts about money. Is there not one person on this board, who would not benefit from a diversified portfolio? Hello! Job creators raise capital through debt and equity, which is found on...Wall Street! So stop flaming me for giving advice which works well for other people.

pbrad009

Back to top Go down

Post by pbrad009 Sun Sep 21, 2014 8:50 am

Superfly, it seems that to be truly "unemployed", you have to hate banks, hate Wall Street, hate the Republican party, and especially hate the Tea party. Giving real world advice, such as investing in a diversified portfolio, doing volunteer work, doing odd jobs in your neighborhood, are all taboo on this board .

pbrad009

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down