Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them

Go down

Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  Empty Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:22 am

Sen. Lindsey Graham is so embarrassed about the 9 percent approval rating — released Tuesday night in a New York Times/CBS poll — that he’s going incognito.

“It’s so bad sometimes I tell people I’m a lawyer,” the South Carolina Republican told POLITICO on Wednesday. “I don’t want to be associated with a body that in the eyes of your fellow citizens seems to be dysfunctional. It matters to me.”

“We’re below sharks and contract killers,” added freshman Rep. Trey Gowdy (R-S.C.).

Yesterday, Sen. John McCain was sounding a similar refrain, joking on Twitter that the 9% approval ratings meant that they were "down to paid staffers and blood relatives." How similar a refrain was it?

Seems to me that round about the seventeenth time you've joked about how incapable you are of doing anything that people don't hate, it sort of becomes incumbent on you to try to do something about it. And since none of these guys want to resign, today -- which is an option! -- I'm going to generously assume that they actually want to work within the system to improve the way their institution is viewed by the public.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/27/congress-approval-rating_n_1051569.html?ref=unemployment

Back to top Go down

Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  Empty Re: Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:52 am

msnbc last night, Ed and Rachael Maddow did a spot about 100 Dems and Republicans signing a petition (another one), but this one is to work together. Maybe a sign they are getting the message? Or just looked at the approval ratings. Cynical I know, but after three years, it's hard not to be. I am looking for the link and will post when it comes up. Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  34243

Back to top Go down

Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them  Empty Re: Sad-Sack Congresscritters Hate Themselves Almost As Much As Everyone Else Hates Them

Post by lendmeflight2 Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:08 pm

It's funny that Senator Graham would say this considering that it's his party that is holding everything up.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 28, 2011 2:30 pm

I didn't want to get any Republicans annoyed at me, but I had the same thought, given that he is hardly a moderate, it was odd coming from him. Although, it's never too late for a change of heart. I think the poll numbers are really shaking them up. Congress is at 9% and the President is now at 43-46% depending on the time of day and the news station you watch. But still, he's climbing, they aren't.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down