Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!)

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) Empty MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!)

Post by Guest Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:29 pm

MEMBERS, ACTION REQUIRED IF YOU BELIEVE - SIGNUP ASAP, SEND TO FRIENDS, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK! (BEFORE WEDNESDAY)!

Click here to sign up to join the Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday
http://www.civic.moveon.org/joinvirtualwallstreet/?id=31654-19133517-GZ_Om0x&t=2

From: Justin Ruben, MoveOn.org Civic Action [mailto-help@list.moveon.org]
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2011 7:00 PM
To: X
Subject: Occupied Wall Street

Dear MoveOn member,

We're going to stage a massive "Virtual March on Wall Street" online to show our support for the Occupy Wall Street protests this Wednesday.
Sign up to join hundreds of thousands of voices of solidarity and help show just how widespread the outrage Wall Street really is.

Over the last two weeks, an amazing wave of protest against Wall Street and the big banks has erupted across the country.

In Seattle, San Francisco, Ohio, and Boston (where 3,000 people rallied),(1) grassroots groups have shut down banks and held sit-ins to demand that giant banks pay their fair share of taxes, end the foreclosure crisis, and create jobs.

In financial centers like Chicago and Atlanta, hundreds of people have set up encampments in front of major financial institutions for round-the-clock demonstrations.

Outside Los Angeles, community members have been running a 24-hour vigil around the home of Rose Gudiel, who faces eviction after getting foreclosed on for being two weeks late on a mortgage payment after her younger brother was murdered. (2)

But the biggest protests are on Wall Street itself.
"Occupy Wall Street," which began with a brave group of young people, has swelled to thousands of students, unemployed folks, union members, and others who have persevered through intense police harassment and mass arrests to sustain a rolling 24-hour-a-day protest against the bankers who've wrecked our economy and undermined our democracy. (3)

On Wednesday, MoveOn members will join labor and community groups in New York City for a huge march down to the protest site—the biggest yet.

And because we can't all be in New York, we're going to stage a massive "Virtual March on Wall Street" online with our friends at Rebuild the Dream.
Together, we'll add hundreds of thousands of voices of solidarity from the American Dream Movement for the protests across the country and show just how widespread outrage at the Wall Street banks really is.

Click here to sign up to join the Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday
http://www.civic.moveon.org/joinvirtualwallstreet/?id=31654-19133517-GZ_Om0x&t=2

The protests on Wall Street have been running for two weeks straight and are only getting bigger every day. The signs, placards, and chants focus on standing up for what the protesters are calling "the 99%" of us who are suffering while Wall Street bankers grow richer by the day.

In a telling moment last week, a group of bankers even went so far as to mock the protests while sipping champagne from balconies overlooking thousands of people marching down Wall Street. (4)

But adding mockery to the callous disregard for our country that we've seen from the big banks isn't slowing down the Occupy Wall Street movement one bit. The protests on Wall Street are set to grow even more this week and solidarity actions are already planned in dozens more cities.

You can see what's planned in your area by visiting the solidarity site Occupy Together: http://www.moveon.org/r?r=264645&id=31654-19133517-GZ_Om0x&t=3

And you can sign up to add your voice to the national "Virtual March on Wall Street" online here: http://www.civic.moveon.org/joinvirtualwallstreet/?id=31654-19133517-GZ_Om0x&t=4

Thanks for all you do.
–Justin, Robin, Peter, Elena, and the rest of the team

Sources:
1. "BofA's Boston Building Draws Protesters; 21 Arrests Are Made," bloomberg.com, September 30, 2011
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=264642&id=31654-19133517-GZ_Om0x&t=5
2. "La Puente Family Fights Eviction from Foreclosed Home," KTLA.com, September 29, 2011
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=264643&id=31654-19133517-GZ_Om0x&t=6
3. "Anti-Wall Street Protestors Vow to Keep Up Fight," Reuters, October 2, 2011
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=264644&id=31654-19133517-GZ_Om0x&t=7
4. "Occupy Wall Street Protestors Meet Champagne Sippers," abcnews.com, September 30, 2011
http://www.moveon.org/r?r=264649&id=31654-19133517-GZ_Om0x&t=8

Last edited by X on Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:27 am; edited 2 times in total

Back to top Go down

MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) Empty Re: MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!)

Post by Sad American Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:52 pm

I'm ALREADY there!!!
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) Empty Re: MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!)

Post by stillnutty Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:06 am

Signed up!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sad American Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:19 am

stillnutty wrote:Signed up!
Wanna virtual march with me, nutty? I have some virtual signs...
Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:46 am

Thank you, virtual buddies! Sad American, yes you should be in charge of making the virtual signs. Make plenty!

OKAY, LET'S KEEP THE BALL ROLLING!

Back to top Go down

Post by nfpexec Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:21 am

I signed up! Glad to see this movement gaining momentum not just here in NYC but other cities as well. People are even donating food to the protestors. Its getting more coverage here even though I think the media still portrays them as a bunch of slackers with nothing better to do.
nfpexec
nfpexec

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:29 am

"Yes, we can" means that we all need to contribute to make this country a better America. It was never "yes, he can".

MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:59 am

Sad American wrote:
You betcha!! MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 468390 Very Happy

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:11 am

stillnutty wrote:
Sad American wrote:
You betcha!! MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 468390 Very Happy
Me too! MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 895764 MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 34243

Virtual posters at www.occupytogether.org

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:18 am

DesperateInRI wrote:
stillnutty wrote:
Sad American wrote:
Me too! MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 895764 MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 34243

Virtual posters at www.occupytogether.org
MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 938557

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Saw a picture of a protestor on Wall St. His sign said, "I have a job - I'm doing this for the millions who don't!"

Why aren't we doing anything for ourselves? MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:42 pm

Signed up for Philly. We cannot forget that we need this so badly. The money these companies were given was our tax dollars. 99ers haven't had a benefit or the benefit of human kindness in over a year. On job applications, we are not given the benefit of the doubt.

We need this and the Jobs Bill passed. Don't forget it. MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by nuttin2lose Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:31 pm

stillnutty wrote:
Sad American wrote:
So hows this gonna work???

nuttin2lose

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:44 pm

nuttin2lose wrote:
stillnutty wrote:
Sad American wrote:
OOOPS!! Embarassed

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 7:59 pm

stillnutty wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
stillnutty wrote:
Sad American wrote:
OOOPS!! Embarassed

Combien d'ecrous avons-nous ici ?

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:19 pm

I really wanna know how it s gonna work.

And I have NO IDEA what that means. Sad

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:43 pm

stillnutty wrote:I really wanna know how it s gonna work.

And I have NO IDEA what that means. Sad

It means "how many nuts are here?"... stillnutty, nuttin...

stillnutty, what does your question mean "how is it gonna work"? Kind of an ambiguous question to throw out. Can you be more specific?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:54 pm

stillnutty wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
stillnutty wrote:
Sad American wrote:
OOOPS!! Embarassed
LMAO

I participated in one of these about a year and a half ago when the AFL-CIO marched on Wall St. You have a live feed of the protest, and type in messages you want to send them. It was really great and there was a lot of participation in that one. Hopefully tomorrow there will be just as many, or more as the Virtual Rally in the spring of 2010.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:07 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
stillnutty wrote:
nuttin2lose wrote:
stillnutty wrote:
Sad American wrote:
OOOPS!! Embarassed
LMAO

I participated in one of these about a year and a half ago when the AFL-CIO marched on Wall St. You have a live feed of the protest, and type in messages you want to send them. It was really great and there was a lot of participation in that one. Hopefully tomorrow there will be just as many, or more as the Virtual Rally in the spring of 2010.

Okay Desp, smarty pants! Shocked

Hey stillnutty, does this fill your boots? Just ribbin' you... cheers

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 04, 2011 9:12 pm

Un écrou est tout ce qu'il faut!

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:43 am

MoveOn.org will be emailing instructions this morning with the details to join the virtual rally!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:11 am

Still not too late!!
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by stillnutty Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:26 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:MoveOn.org will be emailing instructions this morning with the details to join the virtual rally!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Did anyone hear from them today? Hope this is specific enough!!

stillnutty
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:31 pm

no I have't either nutty. Whoever hears, please post. Could just be overwhelmed at the moment. msnbc will be broadcasting today, Tameron Hall, News Nation. Tune in. MoveOn.org - Virtual March on Wall Street this Wednesday (Please signup, POST ON YOUR FACEBOOK, SEND TO FRIENDS!) 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next