Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

+5
wausauguy
WilliamsonAngel
Sad American
mistermunster
americatheneedy
9 posters

Go down

Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys Empty Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by americatheneedy Tue Sep 06, 2011 7:41 pm

I was a McDonalds today and this particular McDonald's had a sign stating it was hiring, to stop by on Tuesdays- A great big sign. This lady came in and asked for an application and this arrogant manager told her good luck-you and about 5000 other folks want one and we aren't hiring??? This McDonalds literally had over 90% Hispanics working, I'm only saing 90% because I didn't search the place for employees and I actually saw 100%-I did not hear ONE word of English the entire time I was there. I intentionally listened thinking that someone would have to speak to a customer eventually, but it was slow, so no English yet.
I tried to order and was IGNORED while the Latino workers continued carrying on their conversations in Spanish. I was just plain shocked. I sat down to wait on a friend who would not have known where I went, and then observed the unemployed ENGLISH speaking lady being told-ever so arrogantly-
they have no jobs. Let people start arguing this or that, calling me racist, blah blah blah, I SAW it with my own eyes and sat there completely disgusted until my friend showed up and I left-hungry. So, to those of you who tell me immigrants (legal or not)are only taking jobs Americans won't do-explain this one. I felt so sick to my stomach and sorry for that lady, I thought of people on here too.
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys Empty Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by mistermunster Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:09 pm

I see that a lot in San Diego too.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys Empty Re: Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys

Post by Sad American Tue Sep 06, 2011 8:25 pm

I can't even APPLY for most minimum wage jobs here in Southern California because I'm NOT BILINGUAL!
I get really angry when "they" say: "Who will pick the crops?" Only 3% of illegals work in the fields! The rest have taken taken over construction, janitorial, etc., as well as all the service-oriented jobs that teenagers used to have...
People on the boards have called me a racist, get over it, learn Spanish, etc. which if funny because my name was "Castro" and it ain't Cuban.
My husband was a union carpenter in the 80s until the illegals took over that occupation. Now construction jobs want 1 licensed plumber, electrician, carpenter who speaks Spanish and all the rest are illegals. But "they" continue to say illegals take the jobs we won't do - the dirty, hard jobs. Yeah, right.

Sad American
Sad American

Back to top Go down

Post by WilliamsonAngel Tue Sep 06, 2011 10:40 pm

In areas where a particular "minority" is the majority, there is typically racism towards people who aren't of that minority, especially people whose families have been in the states for generations. (In Nor Cal, Asians and Hispanics were very racist towards Blacks and Whites (who got along decently well together).)

This sort of racism isn't widely spoken about or acknowledged.
WilliamsonAngel
WilliamsonAngel

http://www.zandrae.com

Back to top Go down

Post by wausauguy Wed Sep 07, 2011 3:35 am

Thank you for sharing. The political correctness and ignorance of the damage done by lowering wages needs to be addressed.
Reverse racism or reverse preference (whatever it should be called) here is big in public sector hiring.
I find myself getting upset when I hear stuff at church and meetings about how priviliged white males have been. I could take it in good times but now, I am the one in need and noone and not even the programs I paid into are there for me. Long term unemployed have nothing helping them get a chance to get back working. I wish I had the ability to blame my race for not getting the many hundreds of jobs I applied for, many of which I have education and experience for.
I guess I am a bit angry...Smile

wausauguy

Back to top Go down

Post by west4 Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:09 pm

Sad American wrote:I can't even APPLY for most minimum wage jobs here in Southern California because I'm NOT BILINGUAL!
I get really angry when "they" say: "Who will pick the crops?" Only 3% of illegals work in the fields! The rest have taken taken over construction, janitorial, etc., as well as all the service-oriented jobs that teenagers used to have...
People on the boards have called me a racist, get over it, learn Spanish, etc. which if funny because my name was "Castro" and it ain't Cuban.
My husband was a union carpenter in the 80s until the illegals took over that occupation. Now construction jobs want 1 licensed plumber, electrician, carpenter who speaks Spanish and all the rest are illegals. But "they" continue to say illegals take the jobs we won't do - the dirty, hard jobs. Yeah, right.

How do spanish speaking people who can't speak english get jobs then if you have to be bilingual? If they spoke english why is it that just about everything is now in spanish. And not just in governmental publications or when you call a governmental agency. Even when you call just about all big private companies that sell to consumers you always hear for espanol emprime el numero dos.

west4

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:11 pm

welcome to the new America that is being given away!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by west4 Sun Sep 11, 2011 2:21 pm

americatheneedy wrote:I was a McDonalds today and this particular McDonald's had a sign stating it was hiring, to stop by on Tuesdays- A great big sign. This lady came in and asked for an application and this arrogant manager told her good luck-you and about 5000 other folks want one and we aren't hiring??? This McDonalds literally had over 90% Hispanics working, I'm only saing 90% because I didn't search the place for employees and I actually saw 100%-I did not hear ONE word of English the entire time I was there. I intentionally listened thinking that someone would have to speak to a customer eventually, but it was slow, so no English yet.
I tried to order and was IGNORED while the Latino workers continued carrying on their conversations in Spanish. I was just plain shocked. I sat down to wait on a friend who would not have known where I went, and then observed the unemployed ENGLISH speaking lady being told-ever so arrogantly-
they have no jobs. Let people start arguing this or that, calling me racist, blah blah blah, I SAW it with my own eyes and sat there completely disgusted until my friend showed up and I left-hungry. So, to those of you who tell me immigrants (legal or not)are only taking jobs Americans won't do-explain this one. I felt so sick to my stomach and sorry for that lady, I thought of people on here too.
if this isn't discrimation on the basis of race, national origin, then nothing else is. Is there at least one lawyer that would sue McDonald over this?

west4

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:10 pm

Try the Mctaco! Or Mcburrito!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by windeecity Sun Sep 11, 2011 4:49 pm

This is why I could not find a job for the last 3.5 years, nearly all the jobs require you be bilingual. I finally landed a temp assignment a few monhs ago, but that is coming to a close soon, and no I won't learn Spanish!

United States Census reported that Oxnard, CA 145,551 people (73.5% were Hispanic or Latino, of any race.

As of the census of 2000,Two-thirds of the population (66.2%) was Hispanic or Latino of any race.

windeecity

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:32 pm

wausauguy wrote:Thank you for sharing. The political correctness and ignorance of the damage done by lowering wages needs to be addressed.
Reverse racism or reverse preference (whatever it should be called) here is big in public sector hiring.
I find myself getting upset when I hear stuff at church and meetings about how priviliged white males have been. I could take it in good times but now, I am the one in need and noone and not even the programs I paid into are there for me. Long term unemployed have nothing helping them get a chance to get back working. I wish I had the ability to blame my race for not getting the many hundreds of jobs I applied for, many of which I have education and experience for.
I guess I am a bit angry...Smile
Legally there is no such thing as reverse discrimination. If a person is denied an economic opportunity because of his or her race, religion, sex, or ethnicity, this is a violation of the Civil Rights Act of 1964. If a person is excluded from consideration for a job because of any race or ethnicity, it is discrimination(no adjective). If you feel that you have been discriminated against because you are of any particular race, you should contact the EEOC to file a complaint.
Also, anyone 40 years of age or older can file a complaint if you feel that you have been discriminated against because of age. In either event, you must be able to prove your case.

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by americatheneedy Sun Sep 11, 2011 6:30 pm

Sure I'm sure all those latinos will step right up and verify what I saw.

People (EEOC) know things like this and age discrimination are going on they just choose to do nothing about it because it isn't fitting in with the PC administration. They CHOOSE which laws they will enforce. Saw an unemployed person humiliated in McDonalds with my Own eys 443294
americatheneedy
americatheneedy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down