Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Very Disturbing EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Very Disturbing EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Very Disturbing EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Very Disturbing EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Very Disturbing EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Very Disturbing EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Very Disturbing EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Very Disturbing EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Very Disturbing EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Very Disturbing EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Very Disturbing EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Very Disturbing EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Very Disturbing EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Very Disturbing EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Very Disturbing EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Very Disturbing

+8
Riled American
jchapman
gettheminNOVEMBER
lendmeflight2
TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA
462Tech
Jobless_in_Ma
exhaustedandtired/1208
12 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Very Disturbing Empty Very Disturbing

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:13 pm

Obama supporters or not explain this. His jobs czar is suppose to keep apprised the economy and jobs creations and more but yet he is a GE executive and funny now GE is moving their X-Ray division to china and... Hum! Makes me wonder about Obama's hidden agenda! Is he really leading this country with jobs for the unemployed?? Does he really give a hoot! You tell me! This may just be the beginning! Funny, he doesn't have a program to stop the flow of jobs going overseas and industry! Hidden agenda IMO!!! Hello 99er's and all unemployed!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Very Disturbing Empty Re: Very Disturbing

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:18 pm

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:19 pm

My worry is "Is this the beginning"Or new beginning since this is only getting worse!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Jul 27, 2011 2:45 pm

How is it they claim there will be no job cuts???
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by 462Tech Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:00 pm

Obama and his goons have already ran this country into the ground. Washington DC needs an enema!

462Tech

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:02 pm

I am so sorry for this rant, but today is one of those days when venting will help. I apologize if this offends anyone. In my opinion, the people indirectly responsible for this mess we are in are the AMERICAN PEOPLE who voted all these Republican and Tea Party clowns into office last November. They ran under the promise of jobs! What a crock! They have done nothing. The people who voted for them were from all parties, Democrats, Republicans, and Independents! If I remember correctly, when Obama ran, he said that he would not be able to fix this economy in one term. I am not defending Obama, but rather looking out for Number 1. He needs to lead! When Congress had a Democratic majority, at least we were getting some money coming in to keep our heads above water. So, American voters, you have contributed to the long-term unemployed not getting more tiers. Many of us have become homeless. Some have even committed suicide. You also helped the rich become richer! Now, everyone's job is at risk! What goes around, comes around.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:08 pm

I have to agree with 1208 somewhat on this. My problem with Obama is that he panders too much to the right. He gives in too much. All of his Czars are from big business. He needs a more revolutionary approach.

He said if anyone threatens Americans right to form a union he would be on the streets with the protesters. I didn't take him literally but I did take him at his word. He said nothing during that time. He has a disaster to contend with but it's what you make time for that shows you where his priorities are.

I also agree with Too Old, the tea party is actually what will wreck our country. We are on the verge of default because of them.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:25 pm

We all have our opinions some legit and some not so! But I agree the repubs. so called tax breaks for the rich was a ploy to get the tax breaks passed and was a bunch of words.They know and know with a dem. in office and now the house can stalemate the senate dems. on bills that would be dem. and liberal agendas. Now unfortunately Obama also knows all he could do is make big speeches about jobs and knowing all the while he had no more plans that would have long term affects on lasting job creations. And what we are faced with now is dems. say its the repubs. and repubs. say it is the dems. Stalemate while millions suffer. No repub. is going to vote for something that makes the dems. and Obama look good. And obama and dems. same thing! So bottom line is until 2012 elections is done no one knows where we are going to end up! However anyone must realize things must be brought under control.. Because millions of unemployed has affected the tax revenues from income and payroll taxes. To top that the home foreclosures has also greatly reduced revenues and with economy slow down further revenues has deminished. So the way to try to gain some monitary balance is to cut spending, no two way about it! Also the debt to has to be brought in perspective. here is my take on the debt. debates. We need to raise debt limit, that is a must. Also need to cut spending in ways that minimize suffering from millions that depend on entitlements. There is and has been hugh fat programs that can stand cutting! Drs. have bilked the medicare system because of their greed. But I repeat, medicare and medicade needs to be minimal cuts from fat and fraud and
again there is room to do that! Social security need revamping but for those who are young enugh to make alternate plans to invest and find jobs that offer retirement programs that are 100% protected. Not to allow retirement programs to build from years of loyal service and then rob or steal or cancel and take away because they can! Fines and penalties and jail time for employers and other retirement funded accounts not to be touched. Also retirement accounts may not be touched until say age 62 or 65 but only that portion that the employee has contributed to from his personal monies then that employee may be able to withdraw especially with a hardship or emergency, however penalties assessed if that employee received tax sheltered plans. Lastly taxes should be allowed to be increased 1% on income taxes. The rich should pay taxes based on means test also for te lower and moderate income and maybe those who do not pay taxes because of itemized dedustions allow them to escape big tax hits and even out based on means test and income averages. Obiviously the rich and real rich will squawk about having to pay a much higher rate oof taxes, but thats the rules. their rich because the system allows them to get freely rich and therefore they should be willing to allow that same system to tax them accordingly. No one will like any tax adjustments that take away itemized deductions and pay more taxes, but under this economies circumstances sorry, but thats the way it has to be! However the bottom line is..... Come up with viable non bullshi* jobs creations that puts millions back to work and the economy will recover, tax bases and revenues will correct themselves. Bottom line! IMO!!!

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Jobless_in_Ma Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 pm

I agree with everything you said, however where are these jobs with retirement plans. Lots of companies have-stopped their contributions to 401k etc.
Jobless_in_Ma
Jobless_in_Ma
Administrator
Administrator

http://www.unemployed-friends2.org

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:02 pm

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA wrote:I am so sorry for this rant, but today is one of those days when venting will help. I apologize if this offends anyone. In my opinion, the people indirectly responsible for this mess we are in are the AMERICAN PEOPLE who voted all these Republican and Tea Party clowns into office last November. They ran under the promise of jobs! What a crock! They have done nothing. The people who voted for them were from all parties, Democrats, Republicans, and Independents! If I remember correctly, when Obama ran, he said that he would not be able to fix this economy in one term. I am not defending Obama, but rather looking out for Number 1. He needs to lead! When Congress had a Democratic majority, at least we were getting some money coming in to keep our heads above water. So, American voters, you have contributed to the long-term unemployed not getting more tiers. Many of us have become homeless. Some have even committed suicide. You also helped the rich become richer! Now, everyone's job is at risk! What goes around, comes around.

Very Disturbing 938557 What is worse the GOTP won't do anything to create jobs to maintain high unemployment. They think if they keep the unemployment high they have a better chance of winning in 2012. SHAMEFUL PARTY!
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:58 pm

I think you both have nailed it. The average American hears what they want to hear, so they voted the Teavangelists. The fake Christians, who are against women's health issues, abortion, gay rights and taxes and the biggest laugh, big government, they say government is too involved. Well, they are happy to let women got without healthcare for women's issues, gay rights but love the war even though soldiers have to serve and hide who they are, they are against the unemployed so we can basically starve and they seem to be against the retired people of the country as well. They don't want deficit reduction, they want the end of medicare, medicaid and social security as we know it, that is what they want. They want to abolish every law since 1970, so how is that shrinking government?????

As far as some of the people who brought this on, yes, they did. They don't like the black President (even if he is half white), they want him out so badly they would elect people who tell you they will create jobs and didn't, they are against big government unless it a) suits their issues, and b) tries to take money from the wealthy and give it to the poor.

Everyone wants to beat up the President. If you have a financial background or even if you don't. A default is a BIG deal. We will be downgraded by the ratings agencies if one, we don't increase the debt ceiling allowing us to pay already negotiated bills and free up money for additional bills, and b) if we don't reduce our costs across the board.

So you elect a Tea Party and we all know where they stand, then you tell the Democrats and the President, don't raise my taxes, my eligibility for Social Security, don't increase my medicare copayment, don't stop the food stamps and medicaid, but please pay for it all. We all can't have our own way.

As simplistic as this sounds, if everyone agreed to contribute to a fund, $5.00 a month for the ten year period we are talking about, you would have a significant amount of money. A debt reduction fund so to speak, much like schools and churches do when they have a fund drive to fix or rebuild parts of a school or church. Then you develop a program that fixes ALL of our infrastructure, bridges, roads, rails, power, increase funding for public transportation and finally, put all the public schools on an even playing field, not one that is based on the economics of the area, a fair one, WHICH, in turn employs millions of unemployed Americans, you increase revenues and then you can stop the Debt Fund and people are buying and the world is happy. And though it sounds like Mary Poppins is at it again, there is no hope for debt solutions without the millions of unemployed and 99ers returning to work in decent wage jobs, not p/t minimum wage joke jobs.

Here is the rub, legislation needs to be written that these jobs are for the unemployed, 99ers and underemployed, not for the Unions, job hoppers and others that are currently employed. I am not bashing anyone or trying to take their rights to work away, but, they have jobs, they need to wake up as well, keep those jobs and get the people who don't back to work, no ifs and or buts. No payroll holidays unless you are hiring the unemployed, 99ers and underemployed. Period, end of story. You want to have a company, a house or build a new office, great. END OF TAX ABATEMENTS. It was unwise at it's inception and now the Country, States, Cities, Counties and Municipalities are paying the price for having reduced these revenues. When this country is making money hand over fist, REDUCE away, but we are not there, weren't there during W's reign either. BUT, here is where people don't think, those tax cuts came with an expiration, and people screamed loud when they were about to expire and the country was held hostage. To keep people from starving we had a President who gave in to get unemployment insurance extended for a period of one year (they've already started to fall back on that) through the winter months and at Christmas and to not raise taxes on the less fortunate in our Country (the 98% who can't afford tax increases).

Now these very same people who voted for these "crazies" as Paul Krugman called them, are up in arms, sorry, you done did it to yourselves because the President didn't move quickly enough for you. How is that working out for you. Not so good for the unemployed and the 99ers or the senior citizens, elderly and disabled.

Voting is an awesome responsibility. Very Disturbing 34243

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:01 pm

An TOTHIPA, I don't think you need to apologize for venting. I just agreed with you and vented as well. I am tired of nothing moving at all as many are. And we have the Teavangelists to thank for it and let's not forget Grover Norquist, who by the way, NO ONE ELECTED.

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:33 pm

MaryKay wrote:I think you both have nailed it. The average American hears what they want to hear, so they voted the Teavangelists. The fake Christians, who are against women's health issues, abortion, gay rights and taxes and the biggest laugh, big government, they say government is too involved. Well, they are happy to let women got without healthcare for women's issues, gay rights but love the war even though soldiers have to serve and hide who they are, they are against the unemployed so we can basically starve and they seem to be against the retired people of the country as well. They don't want deficit reduction, they want the end of medicare, medicaid and social security as we know it, that is what they want. They want to abolish every law since 1970, so how is that shrinking government?????

As far as some of the people who brought this on, yes, they did. They don't like the black President (even if he is half white), they want him out so badly they would elect people who tell you they will create jobs and didn't, they are against big government unless it a) suits their issues, and b) tries to take money from the wealthy and give it to the poor.

Everyone wants to beat up the President. If you have a financial background or even if you don't. A default is a BIG deal. We will be downgraded by the ratings agencies if one, we don't increase the debt ceiling allowing us to pay already negotiated bills and free up money for additional bills, and b) if we don't reduce our costs across the board.

So you elect a Tea Party and we all know where they stand, then you tell the Democrats and the President, don't raise my taxes, my eligibility for Social Security, don't increase my medicare copayment, don't stop the food stamps and medicaid, but please pay for it all. We all can't have our own way.

As simplistic as this sounds, if everyone agreed to contribute to a fund, $5.00 a month for the ten year period we are talking about, you would have a significant amount of money. A debt reduction fund so to speak, much like schools and churches do when they have a fund drive to fix or rebuild parts of a school or church. Then you develop a program that fixes ALL of our infrastructure, bridges, roads, rails, power, increase funding for public transportation and finally, put all the public schools on an even playing field, not one that is based on the economics of the area, a fair one, WHICH, in turn employs millions of unemployed Americans, you increase revenues and then you can stop the Debt Fund and people are buying and the world is happy. And though it sounds like Mary Poppins is at it again, there is no hope for debt solutions without the millions of unemployed and 99ers returning to work in decent wage jobs, not p/t minimum wage joke jobs.

Here is the rub, legislation needs to be written that these jobs are for the unemployed, 99ers and underemployed, not for the Unions, job hoppers and others that are currently employed. I am not bashing anyone or trying to take their rights to work away, but, they have jobs, they need to wake up as well, keep those jobs and get the people who don't back to work, no ifs and or buts. No payroll holidays unless you are hiring the unemployed, 99ers and underemployed. Period, end of story. You want to have a company, a house or build a new office, great. END OF TAX ABATEMENTS. It was unwise at it's inception and now the Country, States, Cities, Counties and Municipalities are paying the price for having reduced these revenues. When this country is making money hand over fist, REDUCE away, but we are not there, weren't there during W's reign either. BUT, here is where people don't think, those tax cuts came with an expiration, and people screamed loud when they were about to expire and the country was held hostage. To keep people from starving we had a President who gave in to get unemployment insurance extended for a period of one year (they've already started to fall back on that) through the winter months and at Christmas and to not raise taxes on the less fortunate in our Country (the 98% who can't afford tax increases).

Now these very same people who voted for these "crazies" as Paul Krugman called them, are up in arms, sorry, you done did it to yourselves because the President didn't move quickly enough for you. How is that working out for you. Not so good for the unemployed and the 99ers or the senior citizens, elderly and disabled.

Voting is an awesome responsibility. Very Disturbing 34243

Very well said!
Very Disturbing 938557

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:42 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:I agree with everything you said, however where are these jobs with retirement plans. Lots of companies have-stopped their contributions to 401k etc.

JIM at this point my husband just wants a job. We lost 4 years of gains in our 401-K, which was not big to begin with because he had many job layoffs over the years due to company buyouts in the financial services/banking sector. Of course, not all these companies had 401's. The people we know who have large 401's are those that have been with the same company 25-30 years. Nowadays people will be leery about even going into a 401 should the company offer it because of what happened during the recession. Especially workers in their 40's and 50's.

TOO OLD TO HIRE IN PA

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:51 pm

Jobless_in_Ma wrote:I agree with everything you said, however where are these jobs with retirement plans. Lots of companies have-stopped their contributions to 401k etc.

As I say SS is going o be altered no matter what. I think if they cannot come up with a viable modification to social security for future retiree's then to assure younger generations they will have something to look forward to at their retirement approaches, without SS will have terrible consequences. So my answer to you question is and must be,,,, Mandatory retirement programs from employers who say have a minimum number of employee's. Those business who have too few employee's , then the Gov. needs to off set those with a modified SS program. In other words mandatory retirement programs that carries over from employer to employer, as many change jobs frequently or some jobs have ups and downs in lay off's. Now what they could do is come up a SS program that assures a minimum retirement income and balance that with what ever retirement some employee/retiree's carry into the fund from previous jobs. This format would insure everyone retirement from either retirement from jobs that has built over the years if they change jobs, it carries over and continues. If they had few jobs that had to contribute to retirement because of minimum employee's, then there will be a balanced SS program to address the variations of retirement packages. those who build up long term vested retirement programs from a long term job or jobs that kept contributing! Or those who worked for companies who did not qualify for mandatory retirement programs and they will also have to be taxed for SS funds. Now however balanced means for those who had little funds for retirement due to not working for any employer where a retirement program wasn't available, they would be calculated to receive X in future retirement. However those who had the fortune of working for retirement program companies they upon full funded retirement contributions from employers, they obviously would receive higher retirement incomes.Really this is no different from today! The only difference is certain retirement funds weather from private funds or even gov. retirement funds CANNOT CANNOT be robbed or taken from employee's. So the
hugh cost for funding SS will drop considerably because either retiree's will have a fully funded retirement program or a partial funded along with SS and those who have no retirement funds would fall on fully funded SS benefits. Again as I say, the cost of SS funding would be much less because of its either SS retirement or funded retirement and no double dipping. Cannot collect from both. its fully funded retirement or full SS. everyone would be assured of a retirement. Socialist or not, its a good idea! Guaranteed retirement funds with a hands off policy or jail time! dumb or not, its a great and doable idea!

Last edited by exhaustedandtired/1208 on Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:53 pm; edited 1 time in total

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Wed Jul 27, 2011 6:52 pm

Remember the campaign ad where Obama appeard to be looking into the camera and said he would end the taxbreaks for companies that send jpbs overseas? Well, now we know that he was really reading this off of a teleprompter, and what would you conclude from having a jobs czar that is offshoring X-ray machines & closing lightbulb factories in the USA for CFL factories in China? This, after lobbying to outlaw incandescent lightbulbs, which happened during the Bush years, after the Democrats took control of Congress.
His priority #1 was to ram healthcare down America's throat while he had both houses of Congress, something he wouldn't be able to do in a 2nd term, because even if he were re-elected, if he tried to do it in his 2nd term, he probably wouldn't have had both bodies, & it wouldn't have taken effect before his 2nd term ended.

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:38 pm

You are right about healthcare. He knew that had to pass as soon as possible. He knew he would probably lose seats in the senate in the best case scenario. He could not have for seen senator Kennedy dying which allowed for the rise of the first new tea party candidate, Scott Brown (thanks Massachusetts). If it hadn't been for this one thing, the death of Kennedy, the 20 weeks of tier 5 would be in effect as we speak. From day one he told us that it would take more than one term to fix this problem. That wasn't politics anyone with common sense and any sense of history knows this was a true statement. I actually still support him because it's a miracle that he has gotten anything done at all with all the obstruction the republicans have done. They wouldn't even vote for bills that they wrote themselves once they found out Obama was for it.

I respect the opinion and I am glad you have one but this teleprompter nonsense that everyone always brings up really takes away from their arguments. It's like they repeat everything the teavangelist forum tell them too.

Let me ask you, Do you really think that Bush 1 and 2 and Reagan and every other president for that matter just stood in front of the nation and spoke from the heart with nothing written or prepared?

give me a break, I wish people would at least have given Obama the chance from the start that any other president would have been given.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by jchapman Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:14 pm

Abe Lincoln probably had notes on the podium at Gettysburg, but at least he wrote the words himself. Generally, everybody that makes a speech writes the text ahead of time, but it rarely comes out exactly as it's written, & it helps if you can think on your feet.
Now if memory serves me right, health care started a year before tier 5, & tier 5 wasn't even introduced until the week before Congress left town for the August 2010 recess, with full knowledge that they would be back less than a month before the recess for the mid-term elections. That sure looks like something political me, & it didn't work like they thought it would. Can somebody please explain why Obama didn't make as much noise about tier 5 as he did about healthcare between the time people began to become "the 99ers" & Debbie Stabbenow intruduced the 1st 99er bill? The silence is deafenning!

Jessie Ventura & Bernie Sanders might know what they're talking about when they speak about the 2 major political parties. What's happening right now is definite proof of that.

jchapman

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:30 pm

I think that's a lot of speculation on your part about Abe Lincoln's own words but, regardless of that, you had to go back to the 1860s to find an example to the contrary? I just think it hurts your argument.

Healthcare started a year before tier 5, I am pretty sure I said that was the case. It had to be passed first.

The tier system was flawed from the start. The extended benefits should have been based on the unemployment rate, not a number of weeks. I recognize that it would have been hard to pass tier 5 before it was needed. Tiers 2-4 were difficult to get passed and would have been even more difficult.

Ted Kennedy died In august of 2009, I don't know if tier 4 was passed before or after that.
And yes this makes a difference because the democrats had a super majority before then

You are right about the political parties but it has always been that. At least since Kennedy was killed.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Thu Jul 28, 2011 1:35 am

I heard that on the news today. No Let's not forget how "O" and Emmelt laughed about the shovel ready projects that he keeps selling us over and over again. I found the laughing offensive. "O" got it wrong about what offends the *US* citizens. The unemployed, underemployed and the homeless sure weren't laughing. The homeless probably aren't aware of the insult. Was anyone reading this offended? I hope you were. If not your life must be going well with no job, no benefit extensions or underemployed, and you don't belong here. Corruption is in all parties no doubt.
China will be the world power before long and they won't have to fire a shot, not when our country is going to be handed to them. China's gloating I'm sure. George Soros is watching the country crumble and enjoying it.
I'm tired of "O" speaking to the *US* citizens like we're morons. Some are of course, but you don't address a nation that's hurting and insult their intelligence. There's a lot of educated people on this forum that don't deserve to be degraded any further and with GE leading the sell out to China is a disgrace to the *US*. This is just one of the problems our nation is facing, but it's huge. GE use to be a provider for jobs for our nation. I hope they close all their plants and go live with the dragon in China and burn with their greed.

{I wanted to use i-d-i-o-t in place of moron, when I typed it, in the preview it comes out bad people. Whats the deal? Rolling Eyes I didn't think it was that offensive. Doesn't make sense.}
Riled American
Riled American

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:11 am

Yeah I saw that on Fox news and expose the media as well. Those conservatives know how to push an agenda don't they? Did you see the one where he admitted that Kenya was his home country? I bet THAT really sent you over the edge.
Really? that offended you? I guess my life is going too well with no benefits, no job prospects, and losing my home next month to get upset.

Anyone who thinks he was making fun of the unemployed is an bad person. If a person has a modicum of common sense you will realize from the video that he is laughing at the situation. Plus this was pretty early in the process and I think he was considering this a temporary setback I don't think the president, or anyone else for that matter, has to be sad all the time and in misery just because my life is pretty miserable at the moment. Sometimes you just have to laugh, or else you cry and become bitter and vote republican.

Are you still upset about the video Nancy Pelosi laughing at the 99ers that was taken out of context?

Now I was a little pissed when Biden told the unemployed to "hang in there". Hang in there for what? What am I hanging on to?
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by truth Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:37 am

I may be biased, but I get upset by Republicans saying that there are plenty of jobs, that the unemployed are too fussy about the jobs they will take, that the unemployed should get off the couch and get a job, that the unemployed should be drug tested, that 99 weeks are enough, that the stimulus that gave us extensions was a failure, that extensions would be cut off if the rich didn't get to keep their tax cuts, that the US can't afford extensions, that we unemployed are taking vacations at taxpayer expense, that unemployment benefits are a disincentive to finding work, that unemployment benefits are going to ruin our children's and grandchildren's future........and don't even get me started on the GOP positions on Social Security, Medicare, Medicaid and certainly not the debt ceiling.

Very disturbing. Utterly enraging. Vomit-worthy.

That's the kind of stuff that disturbs me, not the President chuckling in a self-deprecating manner. I see that laughter as an indication of humility: an honest recognition that things CAN sometimes not go as planned. Humility and honesty, traits I respect.

truth

Back to top Go down

Post by lendmeflight2 Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:42 am

Well said Truth, well said.
lendmeflight2
lendmeflight2

Back to top Go down

Post by Riled American Thu Jul 28, 2011 6:35 am

That darn FOX news again. Rolling Eyes I didn't have a mind growing up and learned nothing in school. What a waste of time. FOX news has been around forever and swayed my thinking form birth. Who woulda thought? lol!

I've read so many times FOX news is the cause of all this thinking. Is that the best people can come up with? I figured this would be the response. ALL parties are so twisted and turned today that I don't have a stand anymore. I'm torn completely with all parties. Power and greed will be the ruin of this country and *US* citizens will suffer from it. Enjoy your freedom while you have it. In this life time we could see it come to an end. Communist China rule will change your life completely so be ready for it. Voting will be no option to remove it. We have a choice now of who and what to vote for. So much for freeing from England. The forefathers wasted a lot of time for nothing. Same for any veteran that fought for freedom and protection of our country and the lives lost during WWII. Anyone that joins the military today needs to take a good look at the big picture and decide is it worth dying for. I think not. Our borders are out of control and have been for many years. "O" isn't the only one responsible, it's been in the makings and the past presidents have done little to nothing to protect *US*. If that were the case, better action would be in place now. The border problem is something I heard about all my life. You'd think by now after 30 so years it be more secure. The presidents job is to protect us. When a have large companies deciding to move to China you'd think the president, any president we've had would say, fine, get out and don't return here and we will not buy for foreign communist, poor quality crap. IMO
Riled American
Riled American

Back to top Go down

Post by exhaustedandtired/1208 Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:35 am

lendmeflight2 wrote:Yeah I saw that on Fox news and expose the media as well. Those conservatives know how to push an agenda don't they? Did you see the one where he admitted that Kenya was his home country? I bet THAT really sent you over the edge.
Really? that offended you? I guess my life is going too well with no benefits, no job prospects, and losing my home next month to get upset.

Anyone who thinks he was making fun of the unemployed is an bad person. If a person has a modicum of common sense you will realize from the video that he is laughing at the situation. Plus this was pretty early in the process and I think he was considering this a temporary setback I don't think the president, or anyone else for that matter, has to be sad all the time and in misery just because my life is pretty miserable at the moment. Sometimes you just have to laugh, or else you cry and become bitter and vote republican.

Are you still upset about the video Nancy Pelosi laughing at the 99ers that was taken out of context?

Now I was a little pissed when Biden told the unemployed to "hang in there". Hang in there for what? What am I hanging on to?

yep! Bumps in the road, SUK IT UP, and hang in there!!! Joking , right???

exhaustedandtired/1208

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum