Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
July 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels)

2 posters

Go down

Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) Empty Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels)

Post by MoInSTL Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:44 pm

Got the following email this evening...

Greetings from pdsnickels!

I am writing to let you know that UWAG is no longer an active organization. Due to lack of member participation, among other reasons, I have decided to close UWAG. You can read more at: http://unemployedworkersactiongroup.webs.com/

It will still be open for awhile until I open a new site, but for now I will use it to spread information regarding the class warfare being waged against us by our own government, as opposed to focusing on 99er and unemployment issues.

Later I may open a new site with a new name devoted to spreading information about what is really going on in this country, which is that the middle class is being systematically wiped out while corporations and banks are calling all the shots through the politicians they own (which is almost all of them).

I still hope that help will come for 99ers and that jobs will be created, to return our economy to health. But I am increasingly skeptical that this will happen, given that our government is now controlled by heartless, seemingly soul-less Repugs, (and Dims who are not that different). Both are only beholden to the Almighty Dollars they get from banks and corporations, not the people. Both seem to have lost sight of their purpose: to put the interests of the people of the USA first.

Is there any hope of changing this situation, of redirecting our government to serve the people and not just the rich?

This depends on whether or not enough people wake up to the truth of what is going on. For this purpose I will continue to post information here and through my account at Twitter. (Please follow me at: http://twitter.com/UWActionGroup ). You may continue to monitor the uwag.org site for important information at our Info and Action page: http://unemployedworkersactiongroup.webs.com/infoaction.htm

I wish everyone well and thank all of you who have supported UWAG over the past year. I hope all of you have found or created work for yourselves and/or found a way to survive in this depression. Heaven help us all because until enough people wake up and decide to change the current regime to one that actually cares about our people and our country, we are not likely to get any help from our government and our country will continue to slide into "3rd world" nation status where the government robs the people and serves only the rich elite.

Mike
"pdsnickels"
President and Founder of the now defunct UWAG organization

Please note that you can no longer access UWAG's site via unemployedworkersactiongroup.com, but only via uwag.org or via unemployedworkersactiongroup.webs.com
MoInSTL
MoInSTL

Back to top Go down

Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) Empty Re: Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels)

Post by USA Citizen Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:57 pm

Thanks for making that UWAG site Mike. "pdsnickles"
Member participation is a problem. The unemployed have the option of forming a social movement, but prefer not to discuss the issue. Many of those who do give their opinions are frustrated and feel betrayed by the government, which allowed American jobs to be shipped overseas and the American middle class to face poverty. Hopefully you will be able to inform us of the important issues that are crushing the unemployed, although you know we will only gripe and end up sending a few emails in protest. We can blame all we want, but until we decide to get organized and take action, then we will continue to be powerless. As the U.S. sinks into 3rd world status, we can remember that there were some who tried to warn us and keep us informed. pdsnickles, thanks for your contribution.
USA Citizen
USA Citizen

Back to top Go down

Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels) Empty Re: Unemployed Workers Action Group Now Defunct (pdnickels)

Post by Guest Thu Jul 21, 2011 7:20 am

DAWU is bye-bye too. This weekend. affraid

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down