Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling

+3
Angelicrisis
superstevies
gettheminNOVEMBER
7 posters

Go down

Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  Empty Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:12 pm

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/12/extended-unemployment-on-_n_896252.html

Lets hope and pray they include EVERYONE!

Reid said.

Under current law, as of July, workers laid off through no fault of their own are ineligible for the extra weeks of federal jobless benefits that since 2008 have kicked in for those who exhaust 26 weeks of state-funded benefits. Congress has provided extra weeks of aid during every recession since the 1950s and has never let them expire with unemployment above 7.2 percent.

The rate currently stands at 9.2 percent and isn't expected to come down anytime soon. And letting the benefits expire could very well damage the economy.

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  Empty Re: Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:34 pm

Thank you Harry Reid, could we please include the 99ers this time around. It's been over a year for most of us. How's that for a tweet.

Back to top Go down

Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  Empty Re: Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling

Post by superstevies Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:37 pm

Unfortunately this article is par for the course. It just says that it will allow people that were cut off at 72 weeks to collect the full 99 weeks & doesn't say anything about help past 99weeks or anything about HR589
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:48 pm

Also read the comments on this Huff Post article on the page. WOW! there are a couple of REAL 99er Haters on there commenting on my comments on how it left out 99ers. We need to wage war on them to show who we are.
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jul 12, 2011 6:55 pm

superstevies wrote:Also read the comments on this Huff Post article on the page. WOW! there are a couple of REAL 99er Haters on there commenting on my comments on how it left out 99ers. We need to wage war on them to show who we are.

Some good bad some bad but if its a war they want I will give them one. Twisted Evil
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:10 pm

superstevies wrote:Also read the comments on this Huff Post article on the page. WOW! there are a couple of REAL 99er Haters on there commenting on my comments on how it left out 99ers. We need to wage war on them to show who we are.

When ONE MILLION people apply for 60,000 jobs at Mac Ds we have a problem. Actual number of unemployed is 25 MILLION, that is a huge % of the work force. How the hell are rich folks going to sell thier goods. Unemployme­nt benefits give back 1.61 for every dollar spent.Righ­t now these programs account for 20 % of all spending when you add SS checks and foodstamps in there. We have a DEMAND problem. Not that hard to understand really. END THE MONEY wasting bush tax cuts. Bush borrowed almost 3 trillion from china and gave it to th rich. Result 8 million jobs lost and money wasted. Time for the MADNESS to end.

Here is one of my comments. I have a bunch of responses to others that were bashing the jobless.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Angelicrisis Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:36 pm

gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/12/extended-unemployment-on-_n_896252.html

Reid said.

Under current law, as of July, workers laid off through no fault of their own are ineligible for the extra weeks of federal jobless benefits that since 2008 have kicked in for those who exhaust 26 weeks of state-funded benefits. Congress has provided extra weeks of aid during every recession since the 1950s and has never let them expire with unemployment above 7.2 percent.

The rate currently stands at 9.2 percent and isn't expected to come down anytime soon. And letting the benefits expire could very well damage the economy.

LMAO!!!!!! getthem I just noticed you commented to the same person I did under that article. "Typical tea-bagger......."We pretty much had the same response to this person. Gonna fan you. Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  9685

Angelicrisis

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:47 pm

Ha, Ha, Ha...back to the SAME old BS of the LAST two years. Extending and FUNDING the EUC08 takes precedence OVER 99ers. I'm just flabbergasted......Oh wait , I'm not....It's SAME old tricks TO AVOID addressing those THAT have fallen off. We are the FORGOTTEN ones for sure now. I AM sooooo PISSED at this madness.
mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:54 pm

Tweeted, faxed and emailed Senator Reid. Join us on twitter. Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  34243

Back to top Go down

Post by mistermunster Tue Jul 12, 2011 7:55 pm

mistermunster wrote:Ha, Ha, Ha...back to the SAME old BS of the LAST two years. Extending and FUNDING the EUC08 takes precedence OVER 99ers. I'm just flabbergasted......Oh wait , I'm not....It's SAME old tricks TO AVOID addressing those THAT have fallen off. We are the FORGOTTEN ones for sure now. I AM sooooo PISSED at this madness.

All around Capitol Hill
The Democrat chased the Republican;
The Democrat thought 'twas all in fun,
Pop! goes the Republican.

A Trillion for the DOD,
Nothing for the pepole—
That's where the money goes,

Jimmy's got the whooping cough
And Sally's got the measles
As it goes you'll die for sure

mistermunster
mistermunster

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:03 pm

Just to be clear, they mentioned this during a meeting, it may or may not be included. We need to be heard and we need to make sure they include the 99ers and we need to make sure it DOES become a part of this deal. And Eric Cantor can walk all the way home for all I care. I think there is much nervousness in these talks and the pressure is on! They have seen the polling numbers and are hearing the outrage. They already put Paul Ryan on ice due to the blow back from his budget proposal that they passed.

Back to top Go down

Post by superstevies Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:14 pm

I have been calling too & emailing because I got a email from somebody that a lot of Congress blocks multiple tweets people if they seem to be pushy with an adgenda....meaning if we say anything that challenges then, they just block us. So I wonder how many of my tweets are actually received. I am never rude or anything But I do demand action for 99ers. I hope I have not been blocked. I don't think there is any way to know?
superstevies
superstevies

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:27 pm

Angelicrisis wrote:
gettheminNOVEMBER wrote:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/12/extended-unemployment-on-_n_896252.html

Reid said.

LMAO!!!!!! getthem I just noticed you commented to the same person I did under that article. "Typical tea-bagger......."We pretty much had the same response to this person. Gonna fan you. Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  9685

I think I found you I am a fan of you too.
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling  Empty Harry Reid: Extended Unemployment Potential Part Of 'Grand Bargain' On Debt Ceiling

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:39 pm

A deal to raise the statutory U.S. borrowing limit and cut the federal budget may preserve federal unemployment benefits set to expire at the beginning of next year, lawmakers said Tuesday.

President Obama has said he'd agree to billions in spending cuts in exchange for higher taxers as part of a "grand bargain" to address the nation's long-term fiscal imbalance while preventing a potentially disastrous default at the beginning of August.

HuffPost asked Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) if congressional negotiators and the White House were considering reauthorizing the extended benefits as part of the deal.

"On the grand bargain, of course," Reid said.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/07/12/extended-unemployment-on-_n_896252.html

.......And it better have the provisions of HR 589, adding 14 weeks to Tier 1, to help the 99er's this time!

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:46 pm

DesperateInRI wrote:
A deal to raise the statutory U.S. borrowing limit and cut the federal budget may preserve federal unemployment benefits set to expire at the beginning of next year, lawmakers said Tuesday.

President Obama has said he'd agree to billions in spending cuts in exchange for higher taxers as part of a "grand bargain" to address the nation's long-term fiscal imbalance while preventing a potentially disastrous default at the beginning of August.

HuffPost asked Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) if congressional negotiators and the White House were considering reauthorizing the extended benefits as part of the deal.

"On the grand bargain, of course," Reid said.

.......And it better have the provisions of HR 589, adding 14 weeks to Tier 1, to help the 99er's this time!

Merging topic some admin are behind the times. Razz
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 12, 2011 11:50 pm

Thanks getthem! Need to keep this bumped anyway because we will NOT be forgotten this time!

Back to top Go down

Post by TR11005 Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:19 am

I sure hope something is done for the exhaustees. This could be paid for, go for it!

TR11005

Back to top Go down

Post by Dazed&Confused Wed Jul 13, 2011 5:39 am

Here we go again with Hatch and drug testing and people getting hurt to collect.

Then we have ""I don't have any problem if we decided we're going to do something like that," said Sen. Tom Coburn (R-Okla.). "Fine. Cut something else in government rather than borrow the money to do it." Tom Coburn the one who wanted to stop using paper to print on to lower debt, what the hell do you print on.

Then we have the Saint and this guy is a Saint, Bernie Sanders, who in all honesty said "that unemployment benefits were not discussed during a Democratic caucus lunch on Tuesday." I will never forget this Senator Sanders and his 8 hour filibuster last year. I wish we could put him in The While House with Clinton.

In am in a state where I lost almost 3 months of total EUC and High Unemployment (6 weeks and 7 weeks) because the Governor decided to open the mines and logging industries and pay people $10/hour to get the unemployment rate down.

I live no where near these areas and am a woman so I don't think I can work that job. But in the tri-state area of NJ, PA, DE (which includes Philadelphia, Wilmington and North Jersey) the unemployment rate is high. What do we do in areas in a state where a big city still has high unemployment, idk. What do you do when you are a single mom and have no income, idk. But I will find out soon.

I feel everyone who has exhausted their benefits no matter at what point, should get the remainder of what they lost along with additional extensions be it 589 or whatever Debbie Stabenow had in mind before she abandoned us and she did. I truly thought she was a super star last summer, now screw her.

I am still Dazed&Confused. I wish we could get Bernie Sanders who is only 67, (have we not had older presidents that him) born in 1944, this guy is a gem to run on the Independent ticket with Clinton. Get the freakin' Republicans out of here.

I knew when Obama was elected it was just a one term thing for him so he could be blamed for the mess Bush (who is in hiding, maybe he should be hunted down like Bin Liden) created for us. Sure blame Obama, not that I am really liking him right now but this is Bush's fault, how could we recover from the mess Bush made in Obama's two years. Bush's last month in office we lost 825, 000 jobs, yes blame that on Obama.

We have 30,000,000 people out of work who want to work. Unemployment extensions were never cut if over 7.2% - we got 9.2% and it is gonna go up. Perhaps we are in a double dip recession, perhaps a L shaped recession, but I really think we are in a depression and one that has never had 30,000,000 people out of work, ever. So I would say we are in a depression and I want to mention this those measly 18,000 net jobs have a plus./minus % of something like 20%. Now this get me mad, as the month of May with the what 56,000 jobs, actually went down to 36,000. Wonder what those differential in numbers did for the people who lost their unemployment through sloppy accounting.

This government sucks big time and I am ashamed. Usually we get the spoils of war, thats why we go to war, or are happy to sell arms to Iran and Iraq when in the 80's we needed money, we sold arms or started wars. That is where we made our money when the economy of the US was not looking good. It all about war, but now the government of the United States of America has declared ware on its own people.

Time to fight back, NOW.
Dazed&Confused
Dazed&Confused

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:09 pm

Crew of 42:

http://www.crewof42.com/cbc/lee-obama-said-hed-push-for-unemployment-benefits-in-debt-deal/

House Majotity Leader Harry Reid indicated to Huffington Post the unemployment benefits would be part of the $4T so-called “grand bargain.” President Obama has indicated in the past the unemployment benefits are part of what may be part of any negotiation. At yesterday’s press conference the President indicated that unemployment benefits would be a good short term way to stimulate the ecomomy. Whether benefits would apply to those needing short term or long term unemployment is unclear.

We need to take action ASAP!

Back to top Go down

Post by sbraney Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:41 pm

Congress has provided extra weeks of aid during every recession since the 1950s and has never let them expire with unemployment above 7.2 percent.

This was my understanding as well, so what does this suggest about the "deal" that Ohbomba made with the cons last December? Essentially it was a faux concession that translated to nothing from the part of the cons for two more years of tax cuts and further cuts to a program which both parties would like to see privatized as per their debt commissioners? This kind of negotiating doesn't leave me very hopeful. The stimulus package served the same crew and the results could have easily been predicted, because the funds almost matched what shrub gave away the prior year.

BTW, has anyone been receiving spam with their screen-name in the caption?

sbraney

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down