Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

+2
Redpossum
tristen303
6 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 Empty This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Post by tristen303 Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:24 am

First topic message reminder :

The Nation is the most credible of English Newspapers in Pakistan. ... The Nation Newspaper Pakistan Sunday, July 03, 2011. The Nation · Today's Paper ...

tristen303

Back to top Go down

This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 Empty Re: This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Post by TR11005 Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:42 am

With the price of gas the politicians should all remain in Washington until the price drops below $3.00 per gallon. There is too much to work on and nothing getting done. This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 20799

TR11005

Back to top Go down

This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 Empty Re: This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?

Post by hello Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:39 am

Tristen, I dont want you to think you cant talk s#^# about pakistan just because I am here. I will talk s^&# about pakistan with you as long as it targets the right people. I don't want to talk s^%& about people who are in the same boat we are over here though. Everyday folk over there are the majority just like we are here and they are normal just like anyone else.

Anyways, happy 4th of July everyone. Lets forget the past and focus on the future. Cheers to all for a brighter future.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Mon Jul 04, 2011 12:14 pm

I vote for the man not the party being anti war is not very popular in the Repub party. Don't worry Get Them I'm still in the center right on taxes and Unions.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:46 pm

tristen303 wrote:I vote for the man not the party being anti war is not very popular in the Repub party. Don't worry Get Them I'm still in the center right on taxes and Unions.

Republicans Say Raising Taxes Kills Jobs. Taxes are Lowest in 60 Years. Where the Hell are the Jobs? This says it all....the enemy of my enemy is my friend?  - Page 2 482574

gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by couth11 Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:33 pm

tristen303 wrote:then we should all sit on a highway and block it the same day during rush hour every month; form a chain across it or something.

I couldn't pay for my MNCARE, anymore, so I don't have health insurance, and no money for medicine or aspirin. Could we do something else?

I'd be willing to lock Camp in the men's room and while someone takes over the boardroom.
couth11
couth11

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:47 pm

I don't know thats about as smart as I am an activism as for the merits of the tax cuts on the GOP side, IMO are debatable but I will proved facts that show otherwise. What’s really needed to kick-start the economy is to improve the long-term returns on investment, and more temporary tax cuts aren’t going to help that any more than the “stimulus” did, because you can’t plan long-term investments around two years of tax policy. On the other hand, tax hikes right now would be a very bad thing, so while the tax cut extension isn’t going to help, failing to extend the cuts would only make things worse. Obviously I’m in the camp that believes that lengthy unemployment benefits can certainly be justified, and conservatives have better and more politically feasible targets to take on government spending, but you have to start by acknowledging the costs of the extension.
From your side tax deals sucks – opposition to the Bush tax cuts has been an article of faith on the Left for a decade, and more broadly speaking, reductions in the top marginal tax rates has been the goal of liberals since Reagan. The case in its favor is that the deal breaks the legislative logjam (the GOP is holding up the entire lame duck session over taxes and that’s a fact my right leaning friends) at only temporary cost, and like the pay freeze does nothing to obstruct the long-term growth of government at the expense of the private sector.
At any rate, the yelling from your buddies Olbermann and Maddow has liberal/progressive activists pissed Why thendid Obama go with tax cuts? Because he has assumed thus far that getting the tax deal passed over outraged opposition from the Left will only help him, in the way that welfare reform did for Clinton, but without having to swallow any policy changes that last past 2012 – it will make him look more moderate, he’s counting on liberals hating the next GOP nominee too much to stay home in 2012, and he knows that he faces no real risk of a primary challenge because African-American voters will remain a loyal firewall in the primaries no matter what he does pretty smart huh. it’s always foolhardy to pick a fight in politics without considering whether it’s a fight worth losing, A lot of the media and all of the Democrats seem to forget one simple fact about the Bush tax cuts: they were passed in response to a recession occurring as George W. Bush and Dick Cheney entered office. Moe Lane wrote an excellent post about the impact of the Dems not extending the Bush tax cuts, but what about what they actually did is a good question. The 2001 Economic Growth and Recovery Tax Act was Bush Jr’s version of Obama’s stimulus plan. However, instead of creating a bunch of temporary government jobs and subsidizing the expansion of government, it cut tax rates, increased the child tax credit, increased the standard deduction for married couples, and increasing contribution caps for a variety of savings programs. The result? The recession ended in November of 2001. Find the facts yourself and it shows that. But, September 11, 2001, happened as the economy was recovering and throughout 2002, the economy grew at an anemic rate. The Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003 revved up the 2001 tax cut package and cut taxes again on dividends and capital gains. SO the result was what Get them? The “tax cuts for the rich” made the rich pay more in taxes in 2005 than any time in the prior 20 years. In fact, as the Wall Street Journal noted, thanks to Bush’s tax cuts for the rich, the richest one percent went from paying 25% of all income taxes in 1990 to 39% in 2005. The richest 5% went from paying 44% of all income taxes in 1990 to paying 60% of all income taxes in 2005. That’s what the left wants right? In 1980, when the top income tax rate was 70%, the richest 1% paid only 19% of all income taxes; now, with a top rate of 35%, they pay more than double that share. Look for the facts yourself you’ll see tht . More crucially, after the 2001 initial tax cuts, the annual growth rate went from 0.3% in 2001 to 2.5% in 2002. By 2004, GDP growth was the highest in 20 years. Likewise, after the 2003 tax cuts, the unemployment rate fell to the lowest level since World War II. Let me repeat that: the Bush economic program created the lowest unemployment level ever. In fact, economists liken it to full employment given the demographic composition of those who were left on the unemployment line.This is but a bit of what the Bush tax cuts did. Why then the collapse? There are lots of reasons for the collapse. For one thing, contrary to what economists would have you believe, they are not scientists and the economy is not a science. There have been upturns and downturns in the economy since economies first developed several millennia ago. But also, massive new regulations in Sarbanes-Oxley and the continuing incursion of the government via Fannie and Freddie into private lending markets forcing private lenders to launch even riskier ventures to stay profitable led to a lot of schemes collapsing in on themselves and taking the economy out too.That has nothing to do with the Bush tax cuts. The Bush tax cuts, objectively, helped the economy both recovery from the 2000-2001 recession and spur some of economic activity more then now. Obama knows this and that is why he went with it out of one side of his mouth and complained about with the other. He is smart and plays politics and his base very well. Hereis some light reading below. So I guess you tell me this is what I have researched between jobs searches and something is up because in the end were both still here posting so....
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB119786208643933077.html

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:14 pm

tristen303, much of the content you have posted are cut/pasted from various sites such as www.redstate.com and strung together.

Why would you do this?

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:51 pm

Redstate LOL Yea that won't be biased. LMAO
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:21 pm

Yes, bloomberg,Wall street Journal, Newsweek, National Reveiw, Nation and Mother Jones and I think the standard too but facts are facts whats wrong with that is it any more biased then the sources from the left.

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:34 pm

MSNBC is the left FOX is the RIght Ed is to Rush Maddow to Oreily National Review to the Nation, Red State to Huffington I stay awya from Brietbart the point is as I said for every chart there is another for every commentary there is different point of view. Who's right the person that yells the most quotes the most? It's Coke vs Pepsi and were gamed even in REd State they know read this if you think right sites are all bad

http://www.redstate.com/russvought/2011/07/05/corporate-welfare-gets-new-life-in-the-house/

I could go on and on don't think that tose on the right don't point fingers at themselves so becasue this discussion is pro dem does that make it right or becasue it came from the right's site is it wrong (even though the facts are correct)

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:41 pm

tristen303 wrote:Yes, bloomberg,Wall street Journal, Newsweek, National Reveiw, Nation and Mother Jones and I think the standard too but facts are facts whats wrong with that is it any more biased then the sources from the left.

“the unauthorized use of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one’s own”... are you aware of what this word is?

Back to top Go down

Post by tristen303 Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:47 pm

I am now

tristen303

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:57 pm

tristen, for tonight can we just give this a rest? Please. We need as many members to post their questions for the town hall as possible. If you have questions or concerns and don't want to tweet, we will gladly do it for you.

Further, you may not be aware, but any use of quotes from a publication must be listed properly. That is a forumotion rule, not one that the moderators/admins installed. We need to be careful when quoting other sources. Thanks.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2