Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» Stillnutty passed away
Members Beware ~ EmptyWed Feb 06, 2019 3:59 pm by Sad American

» UF2 Members Chat Thread: Part 3
Members Beware ~ EmptyThu Mar 02, 2017 1:02 am by DesperateInRI

» UFO 2.1 VIDEO JUKEBOX - Our Chords & Keys To Ascension
Members Beware ~ EmptyWed Mar 01, 2017 8:19 pm by DesperateInRI

» I see this board has been quiet
Members Beware ~ EmptyTue Jun 07, 2016 1:24 pm by Knight1009

» Hello Ya'll. *Theirmommie*
Members Beware ~ EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:42 am by my_lucid_bubble72

» 20 % of Americans Struggle To Buy Food
Members Beware ~ EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 1:00 pm by pbrad009

» The Make Some One Day Challenge
Members Beware ~ EmptyWed May 27, 2015 12:32 pm by Prof_NSA

» Clues to why they not hiring you
Members Beware ~ EmptySun Apr 05, 2015 5:25 pm by Sandra5yearsunemployed

» New Year Nothing Change
Members Beware ~ EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 5:48 pm by Prof_NSA

» Passed?!?! H.R. 3979: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2014
Members Beware ~ EmptyFri Dec 19, 2014 4:24 pm by charliekerper

» Forbes: America's #1 Problem is Jobs, Not Debt
Members Beware ~ EmptySat Nov 15, 2014 10:50 pm by jmainframe

» Economy just getting worse
Members Beware ~ EmptyMon Oct 06, 2014 12:16 pm by oncemore

» January Jobs Report: U.S. Economy Adds 157,000 Jobs; Unemployment Rate Up To 7.9 Percent
Members Beware ~ EmptyFri Oct 03, 2014 11:23 am by DesperateInRI

» Hey Guys!!!!
Members Beware ~ EmptyMon Sep 29, 2014 9:17 am by pbrad009

» Up all NIGHT WORRIED!
Members Beware ~ EmptyThu Sep 25, 2014 11:56 pm by pbrad009

Social Networks
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat

Calendar Calendar

Members Beware ~

4 posters

Go down

Members Beware ~ Empty Members Beware ~

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2011 4:29 pm

Just wanted to post this to all members. In the last week, I have been receiving 20 to 30 emails a day for my personal pre-approved credit card and free Dell Laptop. Today I have received 6 phone calls on the house phone and 11 on my cell for the same thing. As tempting as it may sound to get some extra cash with 35-40 days to repay, these are pay-day loan scams. I am in the process of reporting them right now.

Just wanted you all to be aware! We have enough to worry about without this.

Back to top Go down

Members Beware ~ Empty Re: Members Beware ~

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2011 5:18 pm

I get hundreds of those emails a week. They end up in my spam mail now.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2011 5:39 pm

Mine are supposed to, but the concern I have is now they are calling the house and my cell and they are using my name.

I just wanted everyone to be aware.

Back to top Go down

Post by gettheminNOVEMBER Fri May 20, 2011 5:48 pm

MaryKay wrote:Mine are supposed to, but the concern I have is now they are calling the house and my cell and they are using my name.

I just wanted everyone to be aware.

WOW that would really make me angry. Mad To bad you can't put them on hold until they figure out you are not coming back. Razz
gettheminNOVEMBER
gettheminNOVEMBER

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri May 20, 2011 6:15 pm

Creeps call eventhough you make sure your on the no not call list. When I tell them to stop calling, or I'll turn them in because I'm no the list, they hang up fast.

Back to top Go down

Post by ExhaustedinCA Fri May 20, 2011 7:18 pm

I am glad to hear others speaking about this. I have been receiving the same emails about Dell computers among other things and received a few phones calls and even text messages. When I get a text message I reply to it telling them to leave me alone, the message sends ok but thankfully I don't hear back!
ExhaustedinCA
ExhaustedinCA

Back to top Go down

Post by hello Fri May 20, 2011 10:45 pm

Also beware of scam job posts. They will send u a really long email telling you that you have the job and they want info. One of them will ask you to do your own credit check from a website.

Also, if you have your resume posted online at careerbuilder.com or some other site, you will get a lot of insurance companies calling you for "sales" positions. These are actually scams as well. They want you to pay for your own office and find your own customers for a little commision for each sale.

hello

Back to top Go down

Post by PamelaJo Sat May 21, 2011 8:17 pm

I know about the scam emails for job offers, too. It just started for me and it was after I sent an online application via a job search site I had always thought was legitimate. It's really frustrating that we need to weed out scam offers and have to spend time dealing with that sort of thing at all. We're all in very stressful and serious circumstances, so it is just terrible that there are those who are attempting to take advantage of us. It's hard enough to find a job to apply for, let alone "assume" that we've been applying, only to discover it's nothing more than a scam.

Another thing I've been dealing with lately is some company that keeps calling me saying my mortgage payment in seriously overdue and I "must" make a payment on the phone using my credit card or legal action will be taken. I can't help but wonder if these places are somehow getting personal info about unemployment records, hoping to find individuals who will comply out of fear, as I've never before had this happen until I signed up for UC benefits.

The best part about those calls, and which gives me MUCH pleasure, is discovering how quickly they hang up when I say: "There hasn't been a mortgage on my home since 1941!!!" I love it, and it's completely true, as I live in my grandparent's house which my mom inherited when they passed away. My grandfather really did pay off his mortgage in 1941 and I really do enjoy letting those callers go on and on with their threats before I hit them with the facts! LOL!
PamelaJo
PamelaJo

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down